300ZX (Z31) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Looking for rear quarterpanels

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Looking for rear quarterpanels

Well i just recently bought a 84 300zx, but the body on this car is rusting in multiple spots. It looks like im going to need to replace the rear quarterpanels, parts of the under carriage, and various small rust spots on the roof of the car. Does anyone know where i might be able to get replacement quarterpanels?
Old 09-12-2005, 11:56 PM

throw it out and buy a clean body. rust is worse than cancer. there is a ton of work that would go into completely removing all the bad parts and welding in new sections.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:04 AM

seems like it would be alot of work to buy a completely new body for this car, im in the military and have very little time to spend working on this car. I was hopin that maybe i could drop it off at a body shop and have them work on the spots, then re-paint it and clear coat it. That should take care of the problems as long as all the rust is removed correct???
Old 09-13-2005, 01:29 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i believe zbum means get a new car. rust is a bitch and you will spend more time and money trying to make it go away than if you got another car with no rust.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:35 AM

lol that really isnt an option for me, sucks to hear that its gonna be that big of a problem. In all there are only about 4 or 5 rust spots, but the quarterpanels are the worst part. I was thinking the quarterpanels could be replaced and the other spots could just be buffed out. I was lucky to find a car this old in such good condition. The body is about the only problem i can find with this car, that and some minor interior work. It was used as a summer car here in alaska, only has 118,000 miles on it.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:01 AM

Heres what I've been told to do about rust spots.Using a wire brush on a die grinder remover all the rust and a little paint around the area.Remove the rust until it's bright shinny metal apply fiberglass sand and paint.
No more rust.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:52 PM

sweet, ill have to give that a shot
Old 09-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Z Extreme Guy

i have a 85 z31 that was hit in the front i will sell the rolling casy to you. let me know.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:32 AM

im sorry, i have no clue what the rolling casy is, could you please explain more. Im really needing the rear quarterpanels, the speedometer section, all interior pieces that are black, the power window motors, and multiple other small parts and accessories that i cannot think of at the moment. If you are willing to sell any of the above just let me know and we can work something out.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by stryker
im sorry, i have no clue what the rolling casy is, could you please explain more. Im really needing the rear quarterpanels, the speedometer section, all interior pieces that are black, the power window motors, and multiple other small parts and accessories that i cannot think of at the moment. If you are willing to sell any of the above just let me know and we can work something out.
buddah is a good guy, but a terrible speller . he means rolling chassis. basicaly a non running parts car, the whole thing. then you take what you need and do whatever you want with the rest.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:22 AM
Z Extreme Guy

Originally Posted by entropy31
buddah is a good guy, but a terrible speller . he means rolling chassis. basicaly a non running parts car, the whole thing. then you take what you need and do whatever you want with the rest.
thank-you for the translation.

stryker let me know if you want to buy it
Old 09-28-2005, 08:53 PM

yeah sounds good, i have no clue how you will get the car to alaska but i guess its worth a shot. Would you mind letting me know what condition it is in or posting photos in the forums? Im mainly concerned about the parts listed above.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Z Extreme Guy

make me a detaild list all the interor plastic is black
Old 10-05-2005, 12:39 AM

alright, heres what i know i need

the headliner
the rear speaker covers
the plastic trim along the inside of the hatch (all 3 pieces)
black dash
door covers
center console
e-brake and boot
the plastic pieces that make up the storage spots behind the seats and the covers for it.

thats what i need for black interior pieces, the rest will all be exchanged for upgraded parts such as a racing wheel and aftermarket seats.

I also need:

the dash cluster (speedometer, rpm guage, and all the other lights that go with it).

Air intake plastic cover (mine is cracked and is causing me to fail emissions) although i will most likely have cold air intake by the time i buy these parts from you).

300zx rear spoiler if you have one

300zx labeled engine plate (mine is silver and red, but looks old and grimy, want a newer looking one)

if possible, i need the rear quarterpanels, my rear fenders are about rusted to death and i want to replace them.

If you could review this list and get me a price range i would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 09:02 PM

yeah i hear that man, im staying optimistic as well, i found rear quarterpanels for this car on jcwhitney.com. Ill just have them replaced, and for the small rust spots, they will be fixed by a body shop. Im going to have the whole car repainted and looking nice. I just got a 12,000 dollar sponsorship through SCP with this car, im hoping that will help out some as well.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:32 PM
Dishonest Ebayer - Don't trust me

stryker

your zx sounds to be in decent mechanical shape because of the mileage but how do you need such an extensive list of interior parts on a so called summer car?

those rusted qtr panels say they have seen salt.

i have some excellent qtrs panels (ziebarted) on a car i cut the front clip off for a local club member.

it is an absolute pain to cut out the rear qtrs and shipping isn't cheap on those large parts fwiw

in some ways you might be better off buying a desert car with no rust and a shot drive train and your car is the donor
Old 10-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Z Extreme Guy

Originally Posted by stryker
alright, heres what i know i need

the headliner
the rear speaker covers
the plastic trim along the inside of the hatch (all 3 pieces)
black dash
door covers
center console
e-brake and boot
the plastic pieces that make up the storage spots behind the seats and the covers for it.

thats what i need for black interior pieces, the rest will all be exchanged for upgraded parts such as a racing wheel and aftermarket seats.

I also need:

the dash cluster (speedometer, rpm guage, and all the other lights that go with it).

Air intake plastic cover (mine is cracked and is causing me to fail emissions) although i will most likely have cold air intake by the time i buy these parts from you).

300zx rear spoiler if you have one

300zx labeled engine plate (mine is silver and red, but looks old and grimy, want a newer looking one)

if possible, i need the rear quarterpanels, my rear fenders are about rusted to death and i want to replace them.

If you could review this list and get me a price range i would appreciate it. Thanks
i have a lot of this but some is totaly custom also here iss my email zextremenv@yahoo.com if you want i will take pics of things for you and you can decied what you want to buy for me
Old 10-18-2005, 01:37 AM

basicly any interior piece inside the car that is black, i need. Im trying to convert it from tan to black to give it a better look, im ordering new carpet through jcwhitney.com as well. If you could send pictures to saviandcharlie@yahoo.com, with a price quote, i would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Z Extreme Guy

my carpet is almost new and its black i can save you more money
Old 10-18-2005, 11:45 PM

sounds like a plan, just send me those pics and ill take a look at it all.