I understand it has a little more weight and I feel has a little more
Squat in the rear when you launch but feel the back seat outweighs
Any negitives

I just bought my 83 turbo 2+2 5spd and think I paid about 65% of thr
Price of if it was a 2seater.

Funny thing is when I had z's in the late 80s the 2+2 sold at a big premium
Because you bought it for a dd

Anyway love my 2+2 and my 5 year old loves it. Gets upset when we take the s4

Also why are all the super clean zs f ing automatics. Took me well over a year to
Find a manual 2+2 turbo.

Last edited by 71OLDS; 05-15-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 AM

there's a clean RHD 2+2 5 speed here in tx i think its 1500
personaly idc for the 2+2, ima coupe man
Old 05-15-2012, 10:13 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 71OLDS
I understand it has a little more weight and I feel has a little more
Squat in the rear when you launch but feel the back seat outweighs
Any negitives
Envy.

Even most Porsche cars are 2+2's.

Ideally, shorter wheel bases make for better cornering, and lighter body weight.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 AM

Personally I think the length of the 2+0 is perfect and the 2+2 looks awkward. I feel the car is and should only be a roadster. Adding an extra couple seats is catering to a demographic that should frankly be driving something else (no offense meant and I really mean that). The gas tank is also smaller, they don't retain their value and honestly the back seats are kinda useless for anyone other than kids. I'm not a tall dude and I sure wouldnt want to sit back there.

My kid loves sitting up front in my non-air airbag 2 seater now that her car seat can face forward, but when all three of us need to go somewhere... We've got another car off that.

Edit.. Whoops I was referring to the Z32. Dunno how I needed up in 280s. No idea if what I said applies.

Last edited by jverz; 05-15-2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 05-15-2012, 12:10 PM

For me, its looks and I'm sorry, I never really seen a 2+2 interior, but if its like most 2+2 coupes of the time, the rear seats are laughable at best... And don't merit having them (bins ftw)
Correct me id I'm wrong on thatthough, and if they are bigger I might see a 2+2 in my future(family hauler?), but most are just ugly imo. The longer roofline just doesnt fit it imo...

Longer wheel base might be better for drifting though.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:53 PM
The Emblem Thief y0!

There's a thread or a picture somewhere on this forum of one of our own took his 2+2, took out the back seats, and put in a sub/amp, and it actually looked REALLY freakin schweet!

Anyone know what I'm talking about? He had like, the ported box, with the curved acrylic cover..

I've been looking for it for at least a year on and off
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Ruff Ryder

No problem with any 2+2's (except for the z31) just hate how the rear window is shaped on s130's.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:23 PM

yes! another 2+2 person, they are great, you can't really sleep in the 2 seaters, but with the 2+2's you can sleep comfortably, and i have done it a few times.
The reason why all the clean z's are all automatics is because the people who bought them for coolness and speed, bought the manuals and drove them to hell and back, while the automatics were bought by the old lady's, who would drive them gingerly and parked them in the garage everyday. my 2+2 is prime example of a car owned by an old lady.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by mrprofile
yes! another 2+2 person, they are great, you can't really sleep in the 2 seaters, but with the 2+2's you can sleep comfortably, and i have done it a few times.
+1. Since I removed the back seats and installed the 2seater deck, I can recline my seats to almost horizontal.

I slept that way in the Barstow McDonald's parking lot on the way back from MSA 07.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I personally don't care for the 2 + 2's either. I have always been a 2 seater guy. Anyway, where are all these automatics you are finding? Down here, I tried to find a automatic 280zx for my wife. And all I could find were manual's. lol
Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Because they are Fugly. Of course that's just IMHO. I don't like how it wreaks the roofline. The length of the car compared to the width is boarder line too long which is why I don't like the G nose on the S130. The back window is stretched out. It's all asthetics that I don't like.

That being said there is a sexy 2+2 280Z I think it's from Australia. It has a nice rear lip spoiler and IIRC fender flares and bumper delelte.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by WildmaN
I personally don't care for the 2 + 2's either. I have always been a 2 seater guy. Anyway, where are all these automatics you are finding? Down here, I tried to find a automatic 280zx for my wife. And all I could find were manual's. lol
Look for a turbo. Seems like at least 2/3s of the 280ZX turbos are automatics (I think they only came as an automatic in '81).

As far as the 2+2s, my first Z was a 2+2, a 1981 two tone copper and rust! I've had all 2-seaters since then though. The 2+2s are heavier, and therefore slower than the coupes. Lookswise, they look OK from most angles, but straight from the side, they just look too long and thick through the middle. The proportions are off. Although with the later generations the 2+2s became more and more subtle.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Look for a turbo. Seems like at least 2/3s of the 280ZX turbos are automatics (I think they only came as an automatic in '81).

As far as the 2+2s, my first Z was a 2+2, a 1981 two tone copper and rust! I've had all 2-seaters since then though. The 2+2s are heavier, and therefore slower than the coupes. Lookswise, they look OK from most angles, but straight from the side, they just look too long and thick through the middle. The proportions are off. Although with the later generations the 2+2s became more and more subtle.
Yeah a little late for that man. lol We ended up getting a newer car less than a month ago. It is pretty nice though with low miles. '04 Grand Am.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by mrprofile
Haha, I've slept in my 2 seater twice. Once was (in the red car) an attempt at curling up in the hatch (which does not work, keep hitting your head on everything) and I ended up with the back of my head on the armrest between the seats with my shoulder stuck to the leather, and the other was (in the ugly car) in the driver's seat reclined as far as I could basically sitting straight up in a snowstorm. Neither one was very comfortable but I guess it got the job done since I was good and drunk and not driving anywhere. Made falling alseep in those uncomfortable positions easier lol.

Still though, I have to agree with what most are saying. They're bigger, heavier, and it really screws up the roofline. Forget about practicality, that's not why they make Z cars... No offense to anyone who thinks differently but if you're that worried about having room for more people to sit then either buy a second car for a daily driver (a nice minivan or wagon will get the job done) or if you can't afford to have two vehicles then unfortunately you must prioritize and realize that a Z simply isn't the car for you. Too many cars have been ruined over the lust for rear passengers- just wait till they start making 4 door Z cars. **** you Porsche Panamera...

Last edited by Switchtr3; 05-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:45 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by Switchtr3
Haha, I've slept in my 2 seater twice. Once was (in the red car) an attempt at curling up in the hatch (which does not work, keep hitting your head on everything) and I ended up with the back of my head on the armrest between the seats with my shoulder stuck to the leather, and the other was (in the ugly car) in the driver's seat reclined as far as I could basically sitting straight up in a snowstorm. Neither one was very comfortable but I guess it got the job done since I was good and drunk and not driving anywhere. Made falling alseep in those uncomfortable positions easier lol.

Still though, I have to agree with what most are saying. They're bigger, heavier, and it really screws up the roofline. Forget about practicality, that's not why they make Z cars... No offense to anyone who thinks differently but if you're that worried about having room for more people to sit then either buy a second car for a daily driver (a nice minivan or wagon will get the job done) or if you can't afford to have two vehicles then unfortunately you must prioritize and realize that a Z simply isn't the car for you. Too many cars have been ruined over the lust for rear passengers- just wait till they start making 4 door Z cars. **** you Porsche Panamera...
I agree on the ruining of cars, just to have passengers in the back. I have my 4 door daily driver, and my Z for the weekends. All aside, I get tired of seeing that reject poor excuse for a Porsche 4 door, when I go to work everyday. It is one of the ugliest 4 door turds on the road. (Besides the 4 door Un-Charger) It looks like something somebody threw up, and slapped a Porsche badge on it. Mr Porsche would definitely be rolling in his grave right now. If he saw the ugly monstrosity's that were on the road. Disgracing the name. It was bad enough when they made the cross dresser SUV. I really hate those trendy ugly turds. Okay, I am done now. lol
Old 05-23-2012, 05:14 PM

I have discovered and lets see if anybody else agrees with me, that if you put louvers on a 2+2 it makes it look better and if you have no louvers on a 2 seat it looks better. I will try and find some pics to compare
Old 06-09-2012, 07:32 AM

Fugly 2+2

I agree ... the 2+2 S130 body is definetaly the "Step Child" of the group ... but in a way ... I think that makes them more unique ... despite the rationale for its creation.

While the back is not comfortable at all ... as a matter of fact ... it is so uncomfortable to sit there ... that it is hilarious. It is sort of like the Penny that was minted with a flaw ... and appreciated for that flaw.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:46 PM

1982 280zx 2+2

I've put a rear louver on both the 2+2's I've had. AND once I put a 16 gallon keg of beer, the plastic 55 gal. holder and 2 bags of ice in the back and was able to shut the hatchback! That extra room sure has come in handy!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 PM

I still love my 2+2 ZXT & will keep her.

Got everyting working as it should other then the A/C that is the next project

Name:  2012-06-17_19-38-39_633.jpg
Views: 3878
Size:  178.2 KB

Name:  2012-06-17_19-40-16_843.jpg
Views: 1592
Size:  163.5 KB