280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

West Coast Z Nationals - 2006

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

that sounds like a plan to me bleach... what me and apollo can do is get like a lil meet on thursday eavning have a little get together... ill call up a few friends with thier Zs and hang out the night before we head out to MSA... and yeah man .. even if your Z isnt finished yet you should still put it in the show...
Old 02-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Doesn't post much...

Dude! I feel like driving past Anaheim all the way to NorCal just so I can drive back down here with you guys! Sounds like you're going to have fun. Actually, if all goes according to plan I should have a pretty good group put together from my little Z car club going up there... The down side though is that I will probably head up the night before everyone else in my group does so I won't have anyone to wagon train with. I'm gonna be all lonely.

Rod.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:09 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well I seriously doubt I am going. I don't think I will ever get to drive a Z again. I am just not worthy enough.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Well I seriously doubt I am going. I don't think I will ever get to drive a Z again. I am just not worthy enough.
Blah Blah Blah. You have 2 months. We'll get the Z goin before then.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:28 PM

ooo looks like the caravn is getting bigger! Everyone just meet in the bay area lol!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Im game for whatever. Im going to take it easy on the drive down though. 3 grand puts me at just over 65mph so I'll prolly trail behind. But I'd gladly caravan with anyone in the same boat or just wanting to take iut easy. Myself and Darrelbuddy will be going down together maybe even taking the scenic 101. I-5 kinda sucks for about 3/4 of the way. Nothing but flat, barren farm land for ever. 101 is just a little more mileage but the drive is gorgeous and filled with awsome California coast line. Can even take a fw stops in San Louis Obisbo. Eh? Any takers?

Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
The Evil Twin

beautiful pictures...

with a 3.54 and the T5, 70mph puts me at 2600 rpm. but when I get back home, the 3.9 is going in
Old 03-20-2006, 02:11 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well just to let you guys know. MSA is definately out of the question this year for me. I just have too much stuff to take care of right now. And I know I will not have enough money for gas, and such. Because I figure it will cost me $200 back and forth, as a estimate. And then there is food, and lodging and such. And it is just not practical. Also my Z is not where I want him to be right now, to be showing him off at a big event as that. I still want to do more with him, before I go to a big show. Sorry to dissapoint you all, but I have to think realistically about this. I really wanted to go, but this is something I need to save up for, and plan out.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Doesn't post much...

OK, I can understand the money aspect of it... If you can't afford it that's one thing.

BUT, Don't even think your car is unworthy of showing off. You haven't been to MSA Nats before have you? There are all kinds... from pristine show cars, to daily drivers... and more than a few that are so devestated you wonder how they made it to the show... I'm talking about some real turds. The first year I went, it was right after I bought my 280ZX and it was HORRIBLE. The only thing on it at the time that wasn't stock was the exhaust. It was ugly and beat and people still got a kick out of it.

So, if you can manage to scrounge enough dough... Bring your Z ride to the show!

Rod.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:32 AM
The Good Twin

How long of a drive is it from Meza to LA? 4 hours? Man.... I'd love a 4 hour drive to LA!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Euro Z King

Location: Utrecht The Netherlands where owning a car is a CRIME!!
Ill be there with TonyD
Old 03-20-2006, 01:00 PM

hey so whats going on with the caravan from the bay area?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by icice9
that sounds like a plan to me bleach... what me and apollo can do is get like a lil meet on thursday eavning have a little get together... ill call up a few friends with thier Zs and hang out the night before we head out to MSA... and yeah man .. even if your Z isnt finished yet you should still put it in the show...
Spending $50 a night for lodging is going to be my biggest issue with money. I think I'll cut my time down by one day. I'm going to leave very early Thursday morning the 27th. (4am) ...and make the drive straight to SanFran. I should arrive in the bay area between 4-6pm Thursday. That way I have one less night to pay for a Hotel. We can do our little meet if that works out Thurs night. Then leave for LA Friday morning.

Plus since I already have that Wed April 26th off work, I've got a whole day to prepare the tank before I leave.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Big Poppa

Too Bad I Cant Go, It 3.5 Hours To Bleachs, Then A Crap Load More To La. Maybee Next Year, Or The Year After, And As Soon As Bleach Sees Me In His Mirror, He Would Proly Take Off And Pretend I Wasnt There
Old 03-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Im pretty sure I will take 101 down. Especially if the weather is nice. Cant beat a tops down Cali coast drive to MSA. Plus it has awsome places to stop like San Louis Obisbo, Santa Barbara and Ventura.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:15 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Ok, why is everyone bitching about the cost of a hotel? Hasn't anyone here ever piled 20 people into a Motel 6 for $39/night? I mean, come on! That's like $2 a head! Anyway, who hasn't slept in their car before? You do realize how far that passenger seat reclines right? I've done stuff reclined in that seat that would make some of you blush!

We should meet up at Z Car Garage in San Jose thursday, we can shoot the **** and oogle Rob's GT-R and RB-240Z.

I'll take you guys for joy rides in his 550+hp Z32TT while he's frantically working on the finishing touches of my ZXT...

Apollo, if my car is ready, I'll be trailering it so you won't have to worry about bein' alone doin' 65 all the way there.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by lww
Ok, why is everyone bitching about the cost of a hotel? Hasn't anyone here ever piled 20 people into a Motel 6 for $39/night? I mean, come on! That's like $2 a head!

We should meet up at Z Car Garage in San Jose thursday, we can shoot the **** and oogle Rob's GT-R and RB-240Z.
The problem is there won't be litterally 20 people in the same area as me each night. Yes I can sleep in my car but I'd like to bathe at least every other day. Thursday night in the Bay area, can I just stay at someone's house? Friday and Saturday we could all decide on sharing rooms to cut costs when we're down in LA.
Sunday night can be a car sleep but where can I park that I won't wake up dead? I'm not familar with LA.... I'm going to a friend's place in Bullhead city Monday... after that I'm on my own.

I would totally be up for having the 'meet' at the Z Garage. I can make it a point to just head stright there the first day. That's a very long drive though, so I might not be there till 6 or 7pm depending on traffic. (ok, maybe I'll leave at 3am thursday)
Old 03-21-2006, 09:02 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
Sunday night can be a car sleep but where can I park that I won't wake up dead? I'm not familar with LA....
man... sleeping in a car sucks *** no matter what. Just pitch a tent in front of the MSA store
Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by NismoPick
man... sleeping in a car sucks *** no matter what. Just pitch a tent in front of the MSA store
I was actually wondering about that! Do you think they'd mind if a Z parked in their lot all night?

I was thinking, if I pack light enough, I could put all my stuff in the front seats. With a 2+2, I can fold the back seats down and have a decent bed there.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:14 AM
The Good Twin

Did some hotel searching online... looks like $53 a night is the average in Anaheim... about the same in LA.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:31 PM
The Evil Twin

Ya, at $50 a night if you stay by yourself that adds up fast. Its already going to cost me $200 for gas. This is why I can't do this very often.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Ive slept in the hatch of my Z at a rest stop. Just stuck my feet through the midle of the two seats and my 6' self had a great nap. You would be surprised how supportive the foam insert in the hatch is.
Old 03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Big Poppa

if you stay in walmart parking lots, they have security and they incourage people to stay there, my brother did it all the way to the middle of california. or in the parking lot of best westerns, he did a few of those too.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:36 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

The problem is there won't be litterally 20 people in the same area as me each night. Yes I can sleep in my car but I'd like to bathe at least every other day. Thursday night in the Bay area, can I just stay at someone's house?
I'd let you crash at my place, but the wife get's a little creeped out by Z people... She likes it a little freaky, not a little creepy! I'm sure someone in the area will be willing to offer couch space.

Friday and Saturday we could all decide on sharing rooms to cut costs when we're down in LA. Sunday night can be a car sleep but where can I park that I won't wake up dead?
Just make sure you wear protection!

I would totally be up for having the 'meet' at the Z Garage. I can make it a point to just head stright there the first day. That's a very long drive though, so I might not be there till 6 or 7pm depending on traffic. (ok, maybe I'll leave at 3am thursday)
The sooner you leave the better off you'll be. I'm planning on a lazy drive down so it should be pretty easy if you hang with me and whoever else isn't in a hurry.

I'm sure Rob and Luke will be hammering away at my car up to the last minute I leave anyway. DAMN! I just realized, I need to put new tires on my trailer and I need to weld on the ramp extensions so the airdam won't get crunched...
Old 03-21-2006, 08:14 PM

cuttin it close there L-Dub Hope that car gets to make it. I want to see some pics of it taking best of show

Quick Reply: West Coast Z Nationals - 2006