280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Should i get it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:38 AM

Thats exactly it too. Back then I wasn't thinking twice about the consequences of my actions. Sure I was aware I COULD get a ticket for speeding. But running from the cops it didnt occur to me that the consequences had just gotten a lot worse. Now I take the time to think about that kind of stuff. Of course at this point theres not much to think about, I dont have to. Hell I hardly even speed anymore. Only time I do is when joy riding on back roads. You wont catch me doing more than a few over the limit on the highway anymore though. I realized my time isnt quite as valuable as my money now that I've got to provide for others I've learned a lot of lessons and a lot of them the hard way. I've spent enough time in jail to know it's not somewhere I want to spend any more time in and definitely NOT some place I want my son to have to come visit me. Most of what I do now is based on my consideration for him. Just comparing his toy box to mine or even his damn bank account to mine will tell you that Once I had him I'd start to notice the stupid stuff other people were doing. Someone would cut me off flying down the highway and I'd think about what if I had gotten in an accident with my son in the car? Then I think, man, that used to be me doing that ****. Thats the type of thinking I apply to everything now. I try not to put other people at risk with stupid stuff like I used to. I just never used to think about what might happen to someone else. Just that I would be fine. I've matured a lot in the last 3 years (he just had his 3rd birthday on the 7th). I still have my fun though when I come across a lonely road or empty parking lot Most of my old friends cant believe the way I handle myself now. I went from this wild and crazy SOB who couldnt be talked down from anything to someone who thinks twice about just about everything. Thats why all my experiences are back in the day

Last edited by jfairladyz; 01-13-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:56 AM

Way to be J. And if anyone thinks that is you going soft in your fatherhood then mock slap em. They'll flinch and feel kinda wussy while watching you grin.

Whats the last thing that goes through a fly's mind as it hits a windshield, its sh!+. Word to the unwise, Dont be a stupid fly.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Unhappy

I'm not going to get the car....my parents don't want me to have any type of Z. After three years of looking for a Z and asking them about it, i finally find one that they can look at too but they said no. The car is in such good condition. too bad i can't be part of the Z club/team. anyone in SJ want this car, pm me for the guy's number
Old 01-13-2006, 05:21 PM
The Good Twin

That sucks bro, but there will always be other opportunities. Keep tabs on it for a while & keep talkin w/ ya parents.