280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Scam?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:49 AM

Scam?

I was looking on graigslist for a car and found one for a really good price and emailed him and this is what I got back.

Hello,
I have been promoted at my work and they sent me to Toronto,Canada,the car is with me.
The car has a clear title. It is in perfect mechanical and phisycal condition,no rust,everything in it works fine.
I have tried to register it here but the fees are too expensive and it isn't a very good deal for me.So i have decided to sell it to US, I need a very fast and clean sale because I decided to buy another car here and I need to secure the downpayment for the other car, this is why the
car's price is so low I want to be sure that I sell it fast.
Being a new employee here,I have to dedicate myself to work and i do not have a lot of time to meet every client, so i decided to use an escrow company,and they will take care of the transaction.
The company's name is Safe Escrow Deal and I fully trust them.
If you are interested in buying the car, please register to www.safeescrowdeal.com and send me your username ( mail used for registration ) so i can start the deal,for the car to be shipped to you to have it inspected, after both of us agree the terms.

I'm telling you all this to give you the big picture about the car and answer questions that might arise later if unaddressed. I hope this clears everything. If you need other information, please let me know.
Thank you

Last edited by Fleaicous; 08-04-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:10 AM
ダットサンマニアック

have you seen actual photos of the car? and do you know the selle's name?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:27 AM
The Good Twin

A somewhat similar thread:

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...highlight=scam

Last edited by NismoPick; 08-04-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:28 AM

consider this: the BBB has Better Escrow Deals in its database but the address they have on file does not match the address on the BED's website. The phone numbers however DO still match. Hmmm...sounds kind fishy. If that wasn't enough, the one complaint they have listed by a customer was that the company could not be located. Cons will go to great lengths to set things up and having a functioning website is no big deal to fake.

BED has locations in both Toronto, Canada and Houston, TX. Of course those are both up for question considering BBB has them listed as being located in RI with this URL: www.safedealsescrow.com, which is no longer functional.

I'd be leary on this one. Besides the reasons above consider this: Who really doesn't have the time to sell a car thats located in their driveway? He could find time. The escrow company is probably going to take more of his time then a buyer would. I'd stay clear of this one. Has scam written all over it. And he's safely tucked away in CA (or atleast he says he is) where you wont be able to touch him if something goes sour.

If you live in the US then buy from the US unless you're buying from someone reputable like our friends Skully or Shady

Last edited by jfairladyz; 08-04-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:11 AM

I've decided that its most likly a scam cause someone is selling the car on Yahoo auctions same vin for $15,900, and the car is also for sale in montana on graigslist.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:12 AM

I smell a scam a mile away!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 AM

Definitely a scam. Google this search string: "safe escrow deal", scam
and you get this:
http://www.scamfraudalert.com/showthread.php?t=403
Like J said, it's easy to set up a front for escrow or something to look legit. Works great once, but then the word is out and they have to rely on credulous people after that, or put up new front.

If you have a minute to report it, the admins of craigslist and yahoo auctions do appreciate people reporting phony stuff like that. They try to keep the junk off their to maintain their reputation as much as possible.
Dave
Old 08-04-2006, 01:35 PM

Did and done.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:49 PM

yeah my scammer finally closed his email account today after some email tag