280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

S130 povo tightarses?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 12:36 AM

S130 povo tightarses?

What is it with the S130? 99.9% of owners seem to be tightarse povo boys, compared with S30 owners, some of which are at least prepared to spend time and money on their cars. Even if they complain about how much it costs.

In AU we only got the 2+2 bus so perhaps we appreciate the slick two seater more but really, what a waste of auto quality. Do any of you blokes get out there and actually work on performance aspects and compete in motorsport events?

I really don't care if anyone is offended, this is the intrawebs and my S130 project is now road registered and about to hit the circuits for lots of fun, and maybe some hot times
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 AM
Über User

i think its from the acquired taste to actually LIKE the S130 and to only like it and not be open minded to the other Z's out there, i almost could compare it to the 350Z owners. its just a fixation on the one Z and the one Z only. its cool if they love all Z'd but theres the ones out there that only like the S130 and if you bring up the S30 they get all butt hurt about it like WOAH stop trying to bring on another Z style in my life. thought im buzzed, i know EXACTLY what you mean. exactly......

at least with us S30 owners we appreciate with how much the S130 tried to share in common with the S130 and are great full for the turbo option and also see the greatness of the Z31 and especially the Z32.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:26 AM
The Good Twin

I guess no one has ever taught you about "stereotyping" ? Anyway... pretty funny that you say S130 owners are tightarses here on ZDriver (which has the highest ratio of S130 owners) and I don't think many here are "tightarses" as you say. But maybe you just have "tightarse" goggles on?

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
at least with us S30 owners we appreciate with how much the S130 tried to share in common with the S130 and are great full for the turbo option and also see the greatness of the Z31 and especially the Z32.
#1... Don't you have a 280zx? Buahahahah...

#2... So without owning an S30, no one can understand what an S130 is, or know the greatness of the Z31 / Z32? Huh... that's weird...

EDIT

#3... Since we're all jumping on the stereotype boat, I'd like to do some similar stereotypes to this one:

*A: All rich people suck *** because they are rich, and I am not.
*B: All blonds are dumb.
*C: If you own a Honduh, you are a stupid ricer (that includes the 90 year old grandmas out there too!)

Bla Bla Bla.....

Last edited by NismoPick; 06-20-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

hey im a "tightarses" sterotype approved!!!! and i can explain why us american blokes dont put on our nikers and go out to the races is

#1) the US economy is sucking big bawls now and i aint wastin no dam gas and or race fuel
#2) refer to #1... i want to do all kinds of crazy *** turbo/high compression setups on my car but it is a daily driver(they must not have those)i cant afford the parts or the extra z...and if you say anything about "oh well it dont matter how fast yah going just that your doin it" well iv seen some people royaly embarassed(one of them was that guy with the silver 82 turbo)
if im doin it it better be fun and not embarass me
#3) its a fact that americans are lazy fat asses....

then again im just a stupid ******
Old 06-20-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm a Registered User!

The Z was designed as a cheap sports car. I'm not sure how you expect to see average people owning a cheap sports car spending lots of money on it.

I, for one, am just happy having the car run all the time and use it as my daily driver. I will spend what is necessary to keep it running well and typically not more.

*shrugs* oh well
Old 06-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

oh and in australia isnt you main compitition fake fords and pontiacs? we got real AMERICAN muscle here and its quite fearsome

so what if australlia is home to most drag records.... we been doin it alot longer so show some respect youngin
Old 06-20-2008, 08:13 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
#3) its a fact that americans are lazy fat asses....
I'm not lazy, or fat... but I am an American. Speak for yourself, not the general public.

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
then again im just a stupid ******
Originally Posted by SpeciallySpiked
The Z was designed as a cheap sports car. I'm not sure how you expect to see average people owning a cheap sports car spending lots of money on it.
So true...
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Most Z car owners (with the exception of the Z32) are cheap tight asses and that goes for the entire "Datsun" community.

Interestingly enough, they also tend to DRAMATICALLY over estimate their cars worth.

These are cheap (fun?) cars that don't cost a lot to play with. Full resto/mod, yeah, now you're talking some big money, but if you just want to keep it on the road and relatively stock, they're pretty darn cheap.

Until they become a popular "classic" in the sense that they're starting to bring more money at the auctions, they will be relegated to the "low end" of the value scale and will mostly attract people who can afford that scale.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by 260DET
compete in motorsport events
I guess if there were some street races that were legal and closed off I might do it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Über User

i said certain owners not all nismo. besides, your lame. lol.

also, they do its called a drag strip java
Old 06-20-2008, 09:23 AM

i said certain owners not all nismo. besides, your lame. lol.

also, they do its called a drag strip java
I meant more like courses.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Über User

like... autocross? or track days at a road course? they all exist you just gotta look.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:54 AM
The Good Twin

What's with Geo owners?! It's like they think they are cool because they get 50mpg... they so aren't cool... just because I say they aren't. 10mpg V8 trucks 4 lyfe y0!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:55 AM

like... autocross? or track days at a road course? they all exist you just gotta look.
No, I just have to get my 280 up to snuff and then look =D
It is a vicious progression!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:01 AM
NisTuner

Don't you always tell us how the DSM is the best car ever, how the S130 is ugly and not good in comparison to the S30 and make sure you tell us the Z31 is super ugly and not worth anything every chance you get? As far as S130 owners being closed minded toward other Zs I think you've got it wrong. Usually it's alot of the times the S130 owners wanting an S30. If anything it's a bunch of the S30 owners telling us that the S130s are nowhere near as good as the S30s. Then I ask why they're taking our engines.

Hey another American here. I can be lazy sometimes. I've done a lot with my car, work a lot, and I'm actually in fairly good shape. ie: not fat.

As far as being a tightarse, I'm pretty sure that's the only way to be to afford a Z. Go cheap, do the work yourself, hold out until you're sure you need a part. Never go to a mechanic/repair shop. Otherwise we'd all be broke with our cars sitting in some shop since we couldn't afford the next bill that showed up.

You mention the 2+2 Z, but is that yours the VG30 S130? If so that's pretty cool. I've been looking forward to hearing about that.

Last edited by duowing; 06-20-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Externally Wastegated

Like stated above, I guess I'm in the .001% of S130Z owners that actually does stuff... Seriously though, some people like to keep their Z stock and just enjoy the car for what it is: A comfortable GT car. I've seen plenty of stock S30Z -> Z33 that probably have never even been in the parking lot of a racing venue. Are they cheap tightasses with an elitist attitude towards their model? No, they just have different preferences, simple enough. For me, I'm pretty much going slow on spending $ on my Z as life priorities are changing and this Z as much as I love it, isn't what I need to be spending my money on. So yeah maybe I am a cheap tightass compared to some, but I could careless as I what I've lacked in $, I've made up for in time spent wrenching.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:55 PM
The Good Twin

What's the deal with airplane peanuts?! They think they are better than us because they get to cruise around in the sky all day... stupid tightarse airplane peanuts....

Let's face it... us S130 guys are no match for the rest of the Z community. All of us who race, and wrench, and play, and drive... we should just give up so we can fit this "tightarse" stereotype.

EDIT... Do I sound butt-hurt? I personally think this is a hilarious thread.

Last edited by NismoPick; 06-20-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by 260DET
99.9% of owners seem to be tightarse povo boys, compared with S30 owners, some of which are at least prepared to spend time and money on their cars.
Where did you get your data from... you had a survey?

no fewer than 72% of statistics are made up
Old 06-20-2008, 01:06 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Bleach
Where did you get your data from... you had a survey?
I tried to survey those airplane peanuts, but they were all jerks and wouldn't talk to me because I own a silly S130. No less than 72% of them are stupid.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
I tried to survey those airplane peanuts, but they were all jerks and wouldn't talk to me because I own a silly S130. No less than 72% of them are stupid.
Did you try water boarding them?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:09 PM
The Good Twin

Ah man! Next time peanuts!!!! < shakes fist >
Old 06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm a Registered User!

Man and soon we won't even be able to eat those peanuts!

(anyone hear how airlines are cutting those out of your flights too? No 2nd Baggage, no peanuts... no restrooms next? Would you like a seat with that because that will be extra.)

Bah! I'm not offended either. I kinda pride myself on spending nothing on my car but still having something nicer and more reliable than most of my friends. WOOT
Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
NisTuner

I don't know if I'd call my 280ZX nicer, but I wouldn't be surprised if mine is more reliable. Plus it's faster.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Externally Wastegated

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Let's face it... us S130 guys are no match for the rest of the Z community. All of us who race, and wrench, and play, and drive... we should just give up so we can fit this "tightarse" stereotype.

EDIT... Do I sound butt-hurt? I personally think this is a hilarious thread.
Haha yeah man, I 2nd your feelings. I'm not offended or anything, just felt like saying what I thought on the issue. Gotta love stereotypes, guess we outta grow mullets and wear gold chains to fit the 80's mold!
Old 06-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Über User

DSM's sare a great car yes, never ever saaid they were the best. never ever. also, s130's are meh imho S30 and Z32 are sexy and good cars and i'd love to have a late Z31 turbo, LSD and turbo and cheap car = great better for speed or drift

Quick Reply: S130 povo tightarses?