280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Random challenges anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 07:42 PM

Random challenges anyone???

As much as id like to say that Honda boys come pullin up to me reving so i can woop them , this is hardly the case in san antonio.
all to often people here in SA in thier new impalas and fusions start reving at me not to mention the truck owners here are always testing me.
Just last night after work i pulled up next to an impala and a crotchrocket. the Impala revved at me then the Biker joined what would u do? needles to say, here we have many 3 lane roads, and off we went at the green light.

any one here get strange challeges in thier Z? please share ..

(i do not condone this behavior.. unless you have an attorney) 5 speed tickets, no record suckers thier worth the money . never plead guilty and never paid more than the tickets worth.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Ruff Ryder

Owning a fast bike and somewhat fast z. I really don't really need to worry about it.

One thing we all learn down the line when it comes to cars is all it takes is money. There is no magic knowledge to cars, not voodoo. Just money.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

I get it all the time. It was really bad when I first got the 370Z. Personally I think it's juvenile - race at the track. Don't get me wrong I love the feeling of acceleration and beating someone but the street just isn't the place for it and they impound vehicles here for street racing and they even crush them if it's serious speeds. I do have one guilty pleasure though.... some guy pulls up to the light and gives me the eye or revs the engine so I'll rev the snott out of it or give him the nod then just pull away like normal with the rest of the traffic.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:04 AM
The Emblem Thief y0!

Originally Posted by FricFrac
Give him the nod then just pull away like normal with the rest of the traffic.
Reminds me of Rod's story of his GT-R and those Marines in their Cobra, lol
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 AM

ha well our hwys here reach 75mph and even 80 at some parts ..so we can get away with alot.. and this city is way to big to watch. there are acually roads where all the racing is done on sunday.
and the track is almost out of town where no one lives.. gas is 4 dollars here im not gonna make the trip.
and guilty pleasure.. more like sociopath,, reving back or nodding just to see what happens. lol
anyone else get some strange challenges?? what kind of new cars seem to think that the z's are always gonna be a good match up??
Old 05-05-2012, 08:52 AM

Well mine didn't involve me . Well it does in a way. My mother was 19 6 months pregnant with me. On the way home from picking up dads unemployment check. The day before he told her he got a temp job in new jersey he had to take. So great mood 90 degree heat sweating in a hand painted rotted out 72 thunderbird blown rings. Guy with a few bikini girls pulls up next to her in a brand new 81 trans am t top. Shouts hey hot momma wanna go? And various insults on the t bird. Well the light changed and she mashed it the ol 460 smoked the tires and tail pipe Blew the trans am away and the next light the trans am was filled with burnt quaker state. She smiled poiltely said F&%k you! She still gets an ego telling us how she blew 3 quarts Of oil and 4 gallons of gas in the quarter mile run with the yuppie trans-am. Funny thing is We still have the 460 in my dads garage been there since the t bird went to heaven in 1983 and we bought the house In 1986 after surviving Ronald Reagan and the closure of 16 steel mills 60,000 people jobless in three counties in two years. proud of the ol man!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 AM

All the time.....all the time. Cars from mom's old Civic LS with a fart can, to Saleen Mustangs. I just let 'em go. ...99.95% of the time.