280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Probably the biggest retard I have ever seen....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 12:44 PM
Doesn't post much...

You guys know I'm not a big fan of American Muscle, but I really do like the styling of the new Mustang. If they ever made a Mustang that could take turns as well as it accelerates, I would be a much bigger fan.

Rod.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:43 PM

That's what the after market is for. To put the fun back in, the government and there emissions and crash stuff. REAL BUZZ KILLERS. The after market with the roll and sway bars, stiffer springs, better bushings, better tires and lighter rims. Plus all the power adders they have, are like the crack dealers. They bring the fun back. And good ol fashioned tinkering, remove this, add that. I don't even know what this is, but the car runs fine with it not being hooked up, so lets remove it all together. Anyone with the right combination of parts, can make even a full sized van handle good.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Opinionated

it has rotors, AND pistons, heheh
Old 12-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by Lost Vegaz
That's what the after market is for. To put the fun back in, the government and there emissions and crash stuff. REAL BUZZ KILLERS. The after market with the roll and sway bars, stiffer springs, better bushings, better tires and lighter rims. Plus all the power adders they have, are like the crack dealers. They bring the fun back. And good ol fashioned tinkering, remove this, add that. I don't even know what this is, but the car runs fine with it not being hooked up, so lets remove it all together. Anyone with the right combination of parts, can make even a full sized van handle good.
You have to have a platform worthy of all those upgrades or there is no point. The basic design of virtually every generation of Mustang is flawed to the point of not being worthy. You can make it a brutally quick 1/4 mile car, but you will never get past it's inherent flaws to make it a superior handling road car. You might be able to make it "Pretty good", but that just won't do.

Rod.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:43 PM

If Ford would get a clue and put a REAL independent rear suspension in that car then atleast the car would have something going for it in the suspension department. The joke of a rear end they slapped in the cobras was a pathetic attempt to correct this problem. They need a whole new chassis with an Independant rear designed into the chassis. The Mustang is, as we all know, not the fastest car from the factory. So the least Ford could do is make it handle better. Just like the Z; it's not the fastest car, but it makes up for it with handling.

Ideal Mustang: full independent suspension (anything but leaf springs or McStruts), 5.4 litter DOHC motor stock on GT's with a supercharge option for Cobras, a stiffer chassis, and for Gods sake ditch the convertible on all but the V6 cars. Sure it will jack up the price, but hey, atleast the Mustang will respectable as more than a 1/4 mile car. It'll never happen but hey, theres nothing wrong with wishful thinking. I've got a soft side for the Mustang so I'd love to see something like that happen. It is after all a mustang, so people will buy it even if it would cost a few thousand more. Plus it would help with the problem of every chick with blonde hair in high school owning one
Old 12-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Big Poppa

Yeah I Noticed The Mustang Becoming A Chic Car. Even Up Here. Seems Strange To Me. They Get There Dealer Boyfriend To Up The Power Then Blow The Running Gear Trying To Race You Or Show Off. Theres A Sucker Born Every Day.