280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

New Z Fanatic!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:04 PM

New Z Fanatic!

I have been really enjoying all the posts here and thought I would jump in and say hi. This is my new project, my first Z! It's a 1981 280zx 2-door coupe, non-turbo. It's all stock, has 212,000 miles and is a daily driver. The interior is rough from age and I am shopping for seats and misc parts. My first task set for tomorrow is to remove the stereo and wire in an FM modulator, one of those Audiovox units that connect to the antenna so I can hook up my mp3 player. I really don't like the look of the stock stereo removed so I an going stealth with an mp3 player. Anyway here is a pic of the Z. I got first place in my class (there were no other second gen Z's entered!) hehe too much fun, thanks for all the great info posted here, I'll post some interesting milestones and more pics. The Z is white with a red interior and red dash lights, I remember these as a young man, now I feel like I am reliving the 80's, woohoo! hehe

Last edited by daveparker; 05-18-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:35 AM
User Friendly

Hi, Dave! Welcome to ZDriver! Congrats on your 1st Z and 1st Place award in DD show competition!

I know what it feels like when you get your 1st Z and want to do as much as you can, and as soon as you can, to get “her” or “him” to your expectations (yes, most of us Z fanatics name our cars and give them a male or female status – lol). It can sometimes be a long process to get him/her just where you want ... and I also know that some of us don't just stop there - continuously trying to improve our Z's appearance or performance. I'm guilty of that too.

Have you seen this sticky: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-280zxt-s30-s130-tech-tips-275/where-buy-parts-your-280zx-18264/ ? It’s a list of resources that that our staff and members have contributed in providing the best places to find parts for our 280ZX’s. It can save you a lot of time and money to help complete your Z project. I’m about to add one more to the list in a few minutes.

I’m also anxious to see more pix of your “baby”. Please keep us updated on your progress, and if you need help, we’d be much obliged to assist in any way we can!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:45 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Right on Dave, nice Z, and welcome to the zdriver club. Great website, as I am sure you are aware of already. Because you have been roaming for a while. Ironic my first Z was an '81 2 seater coupe, and I still have it to this day. Of course it is a slicktop, but still cool. Along with 3 other Z's lol. Anyway yeah we would all like to see some more pics of your sweet ride. And let us know what we can do for you. We are quite a family on here. Especially the 280zx forums. he he
Old 05-19-2007, 06:40 AM

Welcome Dave, happy to see another coupe in here. I have an '82 coupe with some usable red interior parts like an uncracked dash...steering wheel, some panels...so if I can help let me know. Your car looks good.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Big Poppa

welcome to our comunity, you shall find it fun. good work with the 1st place, put that one on the mantle.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:50 AM
The Good Twin

All the welcomes have been given... so... werd! yeah... bienvenido.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Doesn't post much...

Welcome to the addiction.

Rod.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:33 AM

Good to see another Z man out there, welcome. I have an 82 NA coupe and it has been a great experience to work on.

Enjoy!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:18 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Dave, welcome to the wonderful misery...

Are you planning to attend the show at the Blackhawk museum next month?

http://www.zonc.org

Cheers,
LWW
Old 05-19-2007, 04:29 PM

Welcome to the site! Lots of info to be found here, along with some friendly chatter!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Political n00b crusher

Welcome Dave and nice Z.

You'll find this is one of the friendliest, laid-back, and most informative Z sites out there...
Old 05-20-2007, 06:06 AM

Nice Z and welcome to ZDriver!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
hay dave-----welcome to zdriver.......have fun and enjoy the fun of these cars......you have a purrrrrty one-----nice.......stick around and have some fun with us--there are a lot of smart fellas here who know all about these cars------and a few smart chicks. ..........welcome.......
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 AM

welcome, this is the best place for the Z world... ask as much question as you need... congrats on your new Z, i remember when i first got mines.. it was 100 time worse then that.. yours looks clean!!
Old 05-20-2007, 02:45 PM

Thanks everybody!

I really appreciate the kind messages and stuff, thanks very much! I have new pics to post that I took today, take a look if you have a minute. I did get the modulator installed also which i will also post, just a couple because if you still have a stock stereo and like the freedom of mp3's this things really works well, but is a pain to install (somewhat), I found a pretty good spot for mine.