280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

new guy 79 280zx

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 PM

Smile new guy 79 280zx

sup Z I recently bought a 79 280zx from some idiot ... this kid fried up te starter nd fuel pump ...
issue here is that the car keeps cranking nd cranking I installed
new
sparkplugs pigtails starter fuel pump clean the injectors fresh gas oil nd coolant as well new bridgestone tires and new hydraulic e brake with new double caliper In the back for better slides
anyways im new to the z world but not to the ratsun forums ...
people say it could be the battery but fresh battery the alternator and cap and rotor are new ..
plz help thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 05:21 PM

Have u washed the engine ?

The Throttle Position Sensor is pretty sensitive to water, it can sit in the connector and short out your system. Check all your engine bay connections, next to the thermostat is a group of sensors and connectors. Since you changed the fuel pump, what is your fuel pressure ? Do you have spark ? Have you checked all your fusible links ? A fusible link can burn on the inside, melt the wire completely and leave the plastic cover in tact, that is part of the design, so test them with a volt meter, make sure you have continuity. Hopefully it is something simple, because you have replaced a lot of parts and done a lot of work for it to not run for you.
Have you tried speaking to it romantically like its a woman, she might respond !
Old 03-18-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by PredatorZ
The Throttle Position Sensor is pretty sensitive to water, it can sit in the connector and short out your system. Check all your engine bay connections, next to the thermostat is a group of sensors and connectors. Since you changed the fuel pump, what is your fuel pressure ? Do you have spark ? Have you checked all your fusible links ? A fusible link can burn on the inside, melt the wire completely and leave the plastic cover in tact, that is part of the design, so test them with a volt meter, make sure you have continuity. Hopefully it is something simple, because you have replaced a lot of parts and done a lot of work for it to not run for you.
Have you tried speaking to it romantically like its a woman, she might respond !
fuses are good and new I replaced them when I got the new starter for it I didn't wana risk frying anything up cause of the idiot kid i got it from . fuel pump idk how much psi im pushing out . and I never thought about the TPS ill look into that. I cant talk to her like that cause then my lady will get mad and what not .. then the Datsun 210 might get mad too or my dogg to much of a risk .. hahhaha good one though !