280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

new guy to the 280zx not to nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:28 PM

new guy to the 280zx not to nissan

Ok so i just bought this car 2 nights ago and i had been wanting it for the last 5 months and im so happy i got it. My plans with this car is to get it back to "stock" along with some nice Japan apeal. Motor will be fully looked at and any worn out item will be replaced. Boost will be add'd along with MSD ignition and prolly a nice 3" turbo back exhaust since the car no longer needs to pass emmisions. the door panels need to be replaced but next best thing to stock is some aluminum panels with the stock lines. i started stripping the car and today ill get the car on jackstands and sand out the body to find imperfections, rust, ect. replace panels as needed and fix any trim as needed. then once the whole bady is sanded down Im going to sandblast the underside and then coat it with epoxy sealer (think of bed coatings) so the body will be solid and sealed away from the elements of the road. After thats done Ill prime the whole car and start working on the interior (dashboard has cracks) So ok I just typed out a small story book but this car is one of the ones Ive always wanted plus the history of the car. Anyway Ill shut up for a min and post the few pics I took last night but dont worrie alont more pics are coming REAL soon.

PLANS

BODY MODS: shave the rear wiper, antenna and stock door mirrors.
INTERIOR MODS: fix cracked dash, custom door panels and new carpet.
SUSPENSION MODS: not sure yet but something real nice.
WHEELS AND TIRES: not sure but something like axis x wheels or some old skool SSR'S
DRIVELINE MODS: tweak motor and replace parts as needed along with boosting it with a T3 turbo.

PICS:

ok so heres the "work light" for the 280 haha its so pimp!

and my friend lizz and i came up with this for the hood since the stock emblem isnt there..

Last edited by rb25sileighty; 06-17-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:36 PM
The Good Twin

Nice! Welcome to ZDriver!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:02 PM

thank you
Old 06-17-2007, 02:09 PM
The Good Twin

So where are you located? You speak about Japan... but the 280zx is a US version...
Old 06-17-2007, 02:13 PM

right right.. im in the US but i like Japan cars so i just say "in jdm land" haha everytime i get in my Sileighty tho i think diferently.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:14 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by rb25sileighty
right right.. im in the US but i like Japan cars so i just say "in jdm land" haha everytime i get in my Sileighty tho i think diferently.

So... where are you located?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:14 PM

in atlanta
Old 06-17-2007, 03:18 PM
Über User

GA..... booooorrrinnggg.... i want some one like near my age to pop up on here with a Z damnit!!!!! lol. and those tires..... replace them fast, you got teh biggest wheel gap ive EVER seen on a Z.... omfg. lol not a bad car to start with, and if you got the money, instead of adding that stuff like the MSD ignition and other wierdo stuff since this is an NA car im assuming, you might as well just go straight to standalone instead of swapping in the turbo electricals like i did, kinda of a waste looking back on it. and then jsut go t3/t4 off the bat and you dont gotta upgrade later. lol, actually that jsut stuff i wish i did, like i remember way back when who was it was selling a t3/t4 turbo and let it go for like 143 dollars to nismo619 who then like didnt pay and i wanted it to put away for later but then decided what if i dont get a Z and dont use it and tehn i did get a Z and regret it..... sigh...
Old 06-17-2007, 03:26 PM

lol GA isnt my first choice to live but its fun... anyway someone ur age? how old are you?? ok so about the motor... im going to use a safc II since the stock maf shows 5 volts = perfect to use, on a turbo mani since that flange is a t3. working on cars is fun i been doing it since i was 13 and im 27 now and with 23 cars under my belt with a present 5 cars now and 1 project conversion i think changing things wont be hard hehe.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Über User

finally... new person that isnt pissing in the wind. and yeah im like 20... ok 19 but w/e lol....
Old 06-17-2007, 03:36 PM

haha i hear ya and i know what u mean... it gets annoying sometimes but yea, i help run www.240atlanta.com check it out if u want (s/n on there is RBpoweredSileighty) and im on 5 other skyline sites along with nico 240sxforums ect ect
Old 06-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
finally... new person that isnt pissing in the wind. and yeah im like 20... ok 19 but w/e lol....
I don't **** in the wind

Hey buddy, welcome to ZDriver.com I am sure we will be able to help you some. Snw is the smartest person we have in here so if you want to know anything ask Bleach, NismoPick, Shady, lww, J......... J/K Snw. Anyway, Welcome.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Über User

im resourceful, i just like to type, helps me keep my WPM up to speed..... lalalalalala

EDIT: i was working on my car so i am gonna finish my thought.... ehem... and thxone is the best person her to ask about dating advice and how not to get hooked on ******. smartest guy here..... not!

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 06-17-2007 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by thxone
I don't **** in the wind

Hey buddy, welcome to ZDriver.com I am sure we will be able to help you some. Snw is the smartest person we have in here so if you want to know anything ask Bleach, NismoPick, Shady, lww, J......... J/K Snw. Anyway, Welcome.
hey, thanx for the welcome.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey bro', welcome to the zdriver forums. And you and me are alike, in a way with our rolling projects. lol But I am proud of it, and it makes me different. hehe Anyway sounds like you have nice plans for that Z. Looking forward to seeing you progress with it. I let my fellow Z bro's know how I am progressing and such. Stick around, lots of cool people, and info on here.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 AM

thanx man prec. it. its going to be a sweet car and im supprised how easy it is to clutch kick in 2nd and get sideways even tho its still open dif. 2 way will rock. i got vid tape of it this past night, just gotta see how to get it on the computer and ill post it up
Old 06-18-2007, 03:17 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

^ Not a problem man. I enjoy welcoming more cool people that join this site. Sounds sick bro', looking forward to seeing the video. hehe
Old 06-18-2007, 06:42 AM

ok i got the vid on the comp. from the digi tape but it didnt come out how i wanted it to. gonna try and edit it and see what it looks like. on the digi cam its self it looks sweet tho, but short.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:51 AM

welcome to the site. The ZX looks like a great start, Im sure it will be real nice when your done. But to hell with the Z I want to see some pics of the Sil80
Old 06-18-2007, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by KTM200-280zxt
welcome to the site. The ZX looks like a great start, Im sure it will be real nice when your done. But to hell with the Z I want to see some pics of the Sil80

hey thanx, its a good car just has some neglected TLC btw i didnt mention this in my first post but i have the original key for this car (found it inside the passenger side floor rail under the seat) while using the shop vac saw something long and silver with faded gold or w/e it used to be! have no idea why it would be there but awesome to atleast have it and the car has 114k original miles on the car

ok so the Sileighty, heres a few (still tryin to get her back to normal)

the heart of the Sileighty

and what the hell ill post a pic of the gt-r33 hehe
Old 06-18-2007, 09:54 AM
The Evil Twin

nice project and welcome to the best Z site ever!

That car probably gets sideways because the undersize tires give you a lot of torque but less traction. One problem is that the LSD rear for the older Z's are hard to find and no longer available new. They get pretty expensive even as a used part.

Welcome to the club.

So do you or your friends have a shop or are those rental garages?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 AM

hi there, thanx for the welcome i like the rising sun u have on the hood! my bud owns a 71 skyline with the rising sun on his fan shroud its real nice.

all those buildings u see is a storage facility and i rent out a good amount of those units so i work on cars and everyone usually comes over there so its sorta my "shop" a side kick i get is my father runs the facility .
Old 06-18-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
im resourceful, i just like to type, helps me keep my WPM up to speed..... lalalalalala

EDIT: i was working on my car so i am gonna finish my thought.... ehem... and thxone is the best person her to ask about dating advice and how not to get hooked on ******. smartest guy here..... not!
LOLOLOL You got me with that one...it's about time Snw
Old 06-18-2007, 11:02 PM

Get you some *bling* while you're at it.........

http://www.megaz.net/hds.html

All are hand made and very high quality!
Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 PM

Welcome dude, nice sileighty BTW hell yeah it easy to slide these cars even in low RPMs i can clutch kick and slide the rear like no problem and im still on my open diff too, hoping to find a LSD diff to swap soon since i cant hold my angle very well.

snwbrderphat540: im 19 too dude

EDIT* wow i haven't posted in like forever here

Last edited by iluvJDM; 06-18-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Quick Reply: new guy to the 280zx not to nissan