280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 PM

Need some help

Well first off Ya'll got a great site going here. Little background and Ill get to the main question. Im a mechanic out here in florida working on one of our deployed military personels '82 280zx turbo, this car is a nightmare! I spent the better part of today cutting out a mickey moused in alarm system. The car is not priming the fuel system, not getting spark, and not firing the injectors!

So I ghetto wired the the fuel pump, found out that actualy works great. Next tryed to start the car (because I was told it was a fuel prob only!) and no spark was to be found anywhere. Next I'm planing on back probin the Injectors but Im sure its not getting anything cause when I was trying to start the car there was no gas smell!

So here is my question is where can I find a good wiring schematic or some good how-too's for this car? I searched thru the sticky page and found nothing except the HEI ignitor swap write up! I need some help!

I think the ecu is not getting power cause (on honda's) the ecu control's it all, Spark/fuel/and Injection.

Please help a brotha out guy/gal's!

'82 Datson 280ZX Turbo, L28e/t motor

C84AUA
Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

If the ecu has power, the green LED light will be on in the ecu inspection hole when the ignition is on. If it's not, check the fusible links and EFI relays.

The coil bracket must be securely grounded for spark. Same goes for the fuel pump module (controls the fuel pump) which is located above the ecu.

The FSM / wiring schematics can be downloaded at www.xenons130.com/reference
Old 08-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Big Poppa

check the ig switch. the alarm guys prolly spliced it and damaged it. now you removed it and something didnt get hooked up cause it may be hidden