280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Just Curious

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 05:58 AM

Hmmmmm ... damn. I'm too cheap for that. I'll consider it, I'm still torn on either those or some black 14x7 Panasports.

EDIT: Would you take $500 for the set?

Last edited by Dorifto; 05-17-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:34 AM
The Evil Twin

Well, if you're going with 14" then you should be able to buy NEW Panasports for that much.

These wheels are not for sale yet. I haven't even polished them up yet and enjoyed them for a few more months. I'm not making any commitments yet or taking offers. They could be worth two thousand by the end of the summer! You never know with gas prices the way they are...
Old 05-17-2005, 10:17 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

The current project I am working on is a 82 NA

I am currently doing major body work/body modification to my Z with the final results something like:

Custom front and rear. The rear will be rolled.
Gtr tail lights.
Shaved marker lamps, antenna, rear wiper and washer nozzle, emblems and moldings.
Welded and sealed hatch with window opening conversion.
Bonded fender/headlight buckets
Possible fender vents

As far as the motor is concerned I currently have a fairly stock NA. This motor will stay for a while until I swap for a turbo or RB or SR. Its "street legal" exhaust right now is kinda lame, but with future plans for a high flow cat with a monza or supertrapp muffler it should pick it up a little.

Suspension has been dropped, tokico's with eibach springs. new bushings all the way around and in the future i plan to get some new 17" wheels

Interior has had a once over, but I will put a new carpet in, refurbish all panels, dash, make a custom center console, redo speedo gauge, and fix all that damn leaky rubber . . . .
Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 AM
The Evil Twin

What do your white face gauges look like at night?
Old 05-17-2005, 07:35 PM

My current project is a 1980 n/a 280zx. Some day I hope to get it back on the road. Currently I am trying to get a new head and waiting to put it back together. I'm working on saving for paint and hopefully soon a new interior.

My other project is a 1981 n/a 280zx wrecked and welded back together. I'm getting ready to pull the motor from a smashed 1980 to have rebuilt to go into my car, all new body panels paint and an all black interior.

Does anybody know where I can get an N47 head that can be rebuilt with absolutly no cracks?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Originally Posted by Bleach
What do your white face gauges look like at night?
there are nite pics i posted on the gauge swap thread in the interior section. "82 guage removal"

Last edited by apollo; 05-17-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 PM

I have a '79 N/A 280zx coupe 5speed. I am building it to be a touring car/ fairly well handling car. I bought it for $200, very minimal rust.

First off, took the whole interior down to metal, cleaned with laquer thinner, and put dynamat extreme down. I wanted low cruising noise on the highway and didn't want to turn the radio up to loud to hear it clearly.

-Replace with new foam/ carpet set (black from MSA)
-Pulled whole dash, capped it (only to have my to-the-letter installation ripple and bend after 2 days in mid 90 degree weather... ARGH!)
-Replaced heater core
-repaint all interior trim panels (black)

I need to look up my engine block casting number and head number when I get back. Pulled engine, had it rebuilt with-

-Slightly shaved head
-Hi capacity oil pump
-custom ground cam w/ .460 valve lift, bigger lash pads and performance valve -springs
-aluminum flywheel
-centerforce II clutch.

I put the engine back in, and started trying to pass smog. ( I hate Carb and everything about it. I passed now, no worries. Just took a local mechanic 3 weeks and calling in favors from all over the county) I ended up having to-

-Change out for stock cam
-put in the Crane Hi-6s and Lx-91 coil, plus Taylor wires, w/optical ignition
-Rebuilt intake manifold w/new injectors/hoses/etc (actually done by shop, a xmas present from 'rents)
-half tank Premium fuel mixed w/ 4 gal alcohol

I am at college right now, so in 3 1/2 weeks I will be back with my baby and can love her dearly with the MSA body kit waiting for it. I will mount that up and take the beast to get painted a medium metallic blue, keeping all the chrome chrome. I also have a couple of custom ideas that I will do I will post pictures when it is done. I want to have this all completed within 5-6 weeks from now.

After that, by the end of this summer I need to put in new shocks/springs anyway, so most likely going the tokico spring/hp shock route. I am debating whether or not to do the MSA crossdrilled brake rotors/ stainless braided lines/ performance pads. I will get the Panasport wheels, chrome in 16inch. I will also very likely get the MSA 3-2 header with aerospace coating to a 2 1/2" aluminzed exhaust to super turbo muffler.

I really don't like ricers, so when I pull into a parking lot with them I want to make them feel small with I6 goodness paired revved up fast with the aluminum flywheel to bouncing off the rev limiter, screaming through the exhaust... Anyway. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by whyfeel; 05-18-2005 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:44 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Far too much to list and still far too much to do...

Been in the Paint and Body shop since Jan. 10th...

Engine is 90% done

Exterior is 80% done

Interior is 70% done

Engine bay is 0% done

You would **** an actual brick if you knew how much I have in this thing now...

And the purchase price wasn't funny either...
Old 05-18-2005, 05:17 AM
Bleach is my Hero

Everyone make sure you look at my "before" body pics.. I am dropping it off at my friends body shop today, so when I get back from FL it should look ALOT better.