280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

It's over for me too...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 PM

My bike

Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
Yeah mine is in the garage too. Its 97 here and like 102 tomorrow! Way too hot to ride. What kind of bike did you get?

I think its only about 1 hp Not nearly as nice as a Duc but I do have water bottle storage
Attached Thumbnails It's over for me too...-dscf0179.jpg  
Old 08-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by Goofyz
I think its only about 1 hp Not nearly as nice as a Duc but I do have water bottle storage

Haha...very nice. And you get alot more exercise that way too...
Old 08-13-2007, 04:34 AM

Exclamation Attention!!!

The Parting out of the Turbo has been halted!!!! Snw, Duowing...I apologize but I can't let any parts go. Some thing has come up and I will be gone for a little bit but I need the Turbo whole....she just may be a good car after this

See you all again soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:28 AM
NisTuner

No problem. Anyway I'm still trying to figure out, what was happening when your ECU plugs would mess up? Would the car generally run ok or what? I'm trying to figure out if my car actually has a problem or not.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:53 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by thxone
The Parting out of the Turbo has been halted!!!! Snw, Duowing...I apologize but I can't let any parts go. Some thing has come up and I will be gone for a little bit but I need the Turbo whole....she just may be a good car after this

See you all again soon.

This is the second time you've done that in a month. I get the feeling you jump the gun a lot.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Über User

your a dick. lol, but really, not cool, haha. what the hell is it this time though, how can you say oh wait a second after the second time and so positive you were selling it and already had parts buyers, tell me what amazing event happened. INDIAN GIVER! (seller)
Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 AM
NisTuner

maybe someone offered to restore it for free?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Über User

my ***. im gonna come down there and cut you !!! ill go puerto rican on your *** and shank you with my tooth brush you giant fibber. lol. luckily i got my car running on its stuff, for now anyways, we will see what happens after a nice rain, which should be tonight!
Old 08-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
This is the second time you've done that in a month. I get the feeling you jump the gun a lot.
I think I do...what the hell is my problem.

My job fell through...I left something blank on my application so they said they could not hire me right now, told me to come back in 30 days and fill out another application. As I was driving around in my '79 feeling sorry for myself I ran into my mechanic friend who ask me why I was diving my N/A...so I told him. My turbo is now at his house. He came with his flatbed and hauled it off to his house where he said we will be working on it. He has a 220 volt welder and all the tools I could ever need to use and since he used to race Z's back in the day he has the know how to get her right again.

I am going to be at his place alot so I may not be on here too often for a bit. Snw, I hope you can understand...I have a chance to keep the car and have it work like it should so I had to do it man.

Duowing...the plugs only mess up now if I bump them getting in and out of the car. She will run fine until I hit them and will spit and sputter and generally have a lack of power. As soon as I wiggle them as I am driving I can feel it fix itself and I let go and it is fine again...those wires can really mess the car up bad.

Be back soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Über User

nope to late, its final, im gonna go ape **** on your ***, im pumped up cause if been drinking green tea all god damn day! lol

w/e, less money for me to waste since im going MS... i still woulda liked to get at least teh dizzy and oil pump shaft off yah though instead of going to another forum and getting my *** ripped off. lol.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
nope to late, its final, im gonna go ape **** on your ***, im pumped up cause if been drinking green tea all god damn day! lol

w/e, less money for me to waste since im going MS... i still woulda liked to get at least teh dizzy and oil pump shaft off yah though instead of going to another forum and getting my *** ripped off. lol.
I will try and make it up to ya...send me your address in a PM ok.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by thxone
As I was driving around in my '79 feeling sorry for myself I ran into my mechanic friend
oh no!!! Is he ok??? ....what kind of damage did that do to the Z? sorry to hear that

Oh, who was it that needed a stock J-pipe for a turbo? I have one. I might be real nice and not throw it in the garbage.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
oh no!!! Is he ok??? ....what kind of damage did that do to the Z? sorry to hear that

Oh, who was it that needed a stock J-pipe for a turbo? I have one. I might be real nice and not throw it in the garbage.
I didn't hit him that hard.... It is Duowing that needs a J-pipe.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Big Poppa

i think we should ban snw again for being crazy, and talking crazy. good to hear the car will be o.k. you gotta quit doing that.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

So, just because you leave the jail time off your application, they won't hire you?! Those bastards! j/k

Dude, that sucks! They didn't just ask you to fill in that missing item? That makes no sense to me. If someone misses something on their job application, I don't tell them to come back in 30 days. They just give me the missing information and then I decide if their lack of attention to detail is severe enough to drop them from the call back list, not to "try again in 30 days". What the hell is that?!
Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by lww
So, just because you leave the jail time off your application, they won't hire you?! Those bastards! j/k

Dude, that sucks! They didn't just ask you to fill in that missing item? That makes no sense to me. If someone misses something on their job application, I don't tell them to come back in 30 days. They just give me the missing information and then I decide if their lack of attention to detail is severe enough to drop them from the call back list, not to "try again in 30 days". What the hell is that?!
I am thinking because a big part of the job is paperwork and it needs to be as perfect as possible is the main reason, so by me leaving whatever it was off of the app threw up the flag. I guess they think you will miss stuff all the time...it's not a big deal right at the moment. I would have fixed it but I guess they send the apps off somewhere. I think it's for the best anyway...22 miles one way at 5:00am kinda sucks anyway, I would have done it but there are jobs closer.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:12 PM

I fired up the turbo and drove it a little bit today in my friends neighborhood. Man it is so different to drive compared to my N/A. As an update we are working on the brakes and clutch though we haven't got to them yet and will soon have the clutch problem fixed. The Centerforce DF clutch should be here soon as well as the Fidanza 10.5lb flywheel. The guys at Centerforce assured me that my pedal will not be overly stiff and the clutch will be great in that car (the turbo). Since we are waiting on parts to arrive we have been messing with timing and a few other things. He wanted to make a custom intake pipe but I said no...we will wait until I get an intercooler.

I spoke with the guy that lost my wheel lock and he assured me it is in one of my parts boxes on the porch and he remembers putting it in one of them...so I will be on the hunt yet again. Should only be a few more weeks before I am back in the Turbo full time and I can't wait. Anyway, that's the progress so far.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:23 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
all you quitterz lose. ........ya gotta spend yer lastest dime on these carz...every single and solitary dime........i will be quitting, also, but NOT because the silly car costs so much to fix......because it does not fit on the deck of me sailbote.....im outta here, boyz.......SOON......but you guyZ---thxone----turbos cost buckets to fix. they break lots of different things just because you are broke------everyone else-----why quit????? thatz why god made car covers-----put one on yer z and walk away for a while-----not too long, so ya dont haveto do weird things to yer engines and fuel tanks........i will keep in touch with you all-----i may need to sell a couple of thigs before iu leave----like my AE50 and my baja babe buggy.... .wimps.......ROD--GETCHER **** BACK HERE......how can i have fun arguing with you if you are not here???????.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Big Poppa

wow, a fidanza flywheel. thems are big money even on ebay!! like 300 bucks! i want one, can you sell me yours for 5 bux? hahahaha its gonna suck in traffic, but imo its worth the extra gains.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 PM

hey Z-hag, you wouldn't happen to have a pic of that Baja buggy would ja?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by z-hag
ROD--GETCHER **** BACK HERE......how can i have fun arguing with you if you are not here???????.
I didn't go anywhere... There's just been a lot of stupid **** going on here lately and I don't have time for it. Plus, I might have put 25 miles on my Z since the MSA show. I'm kinda "over it" for a while.

My new Company car is a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the supercharger, leather, sunroof, heads-up display and all that other crazyness. It's kinda fun... I still hate American cars with a passion, but it's FREE so I can't really complain.

So, as where I would ordinarily take the Z out of the garage on the weekends, I just haven't been motivated to.

Rod.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
The Good Twin

Nice! The GTP is a fun car... would be more fun if it were RWD. Whas the **** that has been goin down here?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Nice! The GTP is a fun car... would be more fun if it were RWD. Whas the **** that has been goin down here?
The return of 619 is a real downer for starters... Lot's of attitude-laiden newbies gettin' all agro 'n' uppity is a turn off too...

Then, there's the whole "I quit" gang... WTH??????? Bleach selling his S130 is like Babe Ruth going to the Red Sox, it just ain't right!

Rod.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 PM

The clutch and flywheel are in...there is a break-in period according to Centerforce but it feels 1000 times better than the old clutch and flywheel...revs are much quicker. The old release bearing was toast!! Now onto the brakes
Old 08-21-2007, 03:08 PM
The Good Twin

I have the Dual Friction as well... I love it.