280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Im so tempted to leave you guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Skully

on a side note here...i posted because i have been around this 280zx forum for 4 years now i think and i like to share my plans with people from this forum because lots have helped me out trough the years, feels like family :P
Skully I fully understand and agree with all of us being quite like a family.

Shall I say...I had a bit of a knee jerk reaction, I feel like a bit of a moron.... and call it quits at that?

BTW still stand by everything else about our beloved Z
Old 06-18-2005, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
uuuhhh... maybe a little of both, but more love than affordability.
Just so you know I was thinking very close to that when I asked that question...other then the "affordability" part ........and oh...the bit about the "maybe a little of both" part.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:02 AM

ok guys HAHAHA heres the BS he fed me...ill put this in point form...
the car has been imported from Japan so

-no papers on anything (rebuild n **** that he stated)
oh and why would i want japanese documents (he says)
-the engine was rebuilt with LOOSE VALVE GUIDES, so it shoots a bit of oil when you start it in the morning
then its fine (LOOSE VALVE GUIDES!!! FOR WHAT PREFORMANCE?? BAHAHA)
-the turbos are HKS upgrade (i wanted to know what kind of HKS turbos) ONLY found in Japan
NOWHERE else...
-Oxygen Temp guage doesnt work because the exaust system didnt come with something i dont know
what he even said i was laughin on the inside
-When you drive the car, you have to adjust the Air-Fuel mixture while driving because the, bear with
me here, ENGINE SUCKS IN WATER WHEN IT RAINS LIKE ANY HIGH PREFORMANCE CAR SO YOU HAVE
TO TINKER WITH THE A/F RATIO TO GET THE CAR RUNNING NICE.
-If RPMS drop fast it has a chance of stalling cuz WIDEBAND o2 sensor cant keep up to the gases...
-the speedo jumps from 60 to 200 but he says nissan dealer told him thats fine and not to get it fixed
untill it stops working
-Rev Monitor doesnt work for some reason...
-I turn the car on, it ticking bad...he says its the aftermarket ignition thats making the spark plugs tick
that bad...

now this is awsome...

I asked for a test drive he says no way..too many test pilots...if i want to test drive it...we have to agree on a price and i have to put down a deposit BEFORE anything!!!!

i just laughed...and said thank you....
Old 06-19-2005, 09:01 AM

So It's settled...you...stay with...us? Glad to hear it man. sorry your expirience was so horrible with him, but your day will come when someone local to you gets sick of they're completely perfect Z32 and is a really nice guy, and lets you take the car for a weekend test drive. really man, It'll happen.......someday.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:15 AM

So if he doesn't want to sell it...why is it for sale?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:11 PM

If you're going to buy a Z32, or any car for that matter, but sports cars in particular because they get abused, you should alway be on the look out for something unmoddified. Sure, you may think you're saving money and time because the upgrades are already on the car, but how well were they installed and upkept. Point is, if the car was modded to make it faster and/or handle better, chances are that's how it was driven, hard. I've had nothing but headaches when I've bought previously modded cars, with the exception of my 65 mustang. Which was built strictly as a road race car originally, but I used it on the street. So the quality of work on that car was high. If you are so lucky to stumble across a modified car thats in really good shape and had quality work dont to it, then by all means jump on it if you want it. Skully fell victim to the hype of the modded car that turned out to be worse off then a stocker. But atleast you didn't pay for it Skully
Old 06-19-2005, 03:03 PM

yeah i walked away from this one...screw that..im tempted to write an article on this guys BS so nobody gets ripped off...hes gonna sell this hunka junk to sombody and make a bad name for the Z car...

ahh well il get my 280 running but i DO get my brothers 300zx TT for the summer!!!! hes in the states for school so hes dropping it off with me 1!!! downside is i have to do modifications to it if i want to drive it :P he already bought brake upgrade, hes getting stereo stuff and wants me to put it all in..fun fun fun
Old 06-19-2005, 07:12 PM

That's not too terrible. Hell, I'd do it if I could drive it for the summer!!!