280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Hit and Run!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Doesn't post much...

Angry Hit and Run!!!!!

Well, at least my car got to the MSA show this year BEFORE someone wrecked it.

Got rear ended HARD at a stop sign this morning by a Ford Explorer. He then backed into the car behind him and took off.

I chased him at 100MPH until the CHP dispatcher told me to back off.

Even though I got the plate # and have witnesses, the cops said that prosecution would be "difficult" because I never saw the drivers face... great.

The rear end of my car is caved in, left tail light is crushed, bumper bent, exhaust shoved forward and now LEAKING...

I guess it won't be going to the temecula Z car show this sunday.

I'll put pics up later.

Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 05-02-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Snazzy Title

)(*@#)($*

**** that go after him, take him to small claims court as whoever the owner is should be liable, they really need to make the vehicle owner liable for hit and runs this is getting ridiculous, more than likely it was some kid.

Get a PI to go take pictures of his vehicle as well. it won't hold up for charges but will for small claims.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:33 AM
The Good Twin

Holy **** bro!!! Didn't you get wacked in a parking lot a couple months ago??? Your Z is a moving target! You got the plate# ... I'd be doing some investigating & paying him a sweet lil visit.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Damn it. You get your Z fixed just to have this happen. At least you had the sense to chase them down and get a plate number. Im sorry dude. I hope they crashed and burned or got cought somewhere down the road.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by apollo
I hope they crashed and burned or got cought somewhere down the road.
LoL... no doubt. This is when I wish the worst on someone. Maybe the Mafia saw it happen & are cutting off his fingers one by one.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Ruff Ryder

hunt that a$$hole down and take his *** to court.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:52 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

dude youve been having the worse of luck on your Z.. that really sux.. man i really hope it all works our for you Rob....
Old 05-02-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Even though I got the plate # and have witnesses, the cops said that prosecution would be "difficult" because I never saw the drivers face... great.
Rod.
Why do u need a face?

The owner of the car would legally be responsible for any damages.

Plates would get you the owner's name & address so you can go after him for small claims at least... make sure you get a police report too.

Edit extra: If you have a good insurance company, you can file with them, get paid & pay the deductable and then your insurance co. will go after the driver to recoup their money and get back your deductable too.

Last edited by 280gty; 05-02-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

holy crap, i cant believe it. that sucks so much. what an *******, i would have kept chasing him, regardless of what the dispatcher said. at least you got the plate number, you should be able to at least find the owner of the car. i'm sure that whoever owns it would know who wrecked their car if it wasnt them. big deal if you didnt see his face, i know i sure as hell would know who was driving my car if it got wrecked (not htat anone else would be driving my car anyways). you think the court could make them give up that info. well, at least you did get to MSA this year.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Sorry to hear about this. That really really sucks.
Just simply give me his address...
Ive got some friends that have been known to do knee surgeries with tire irons near monterey bay...theyre willing to travel. hehehe.

Make sure this guy gets away with nothing, as everyone said, take him to court.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:16 AM

Damn!! that sucks..

Woah, that guy from that Ford needs a f**king beating!!
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 AM

damnn.. that sucks, man... ****ed that the plate # and a witnesses is good enough for a case... the owner of the car is responsable... hunt em down rod!!! hunt em down!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:09 AM

so you know the witness and have their names and numbers that cop is a ****in liar about that plate if you have the vehicles color what it was and their plates they could track that worthless ****er down
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 AM

Sorry to hear that! When my 280ZX got rear ended by a tractor trailer I boxed him in. We waited for the cops but he used a false drivers license (claimed he was 96 yrs old), fake insurance card & registration of the load instead of the cab. I happen to write the license plate of the cab & my insurance tracked down the company & the correct insurance company. Took 6 months of hassle but I got my money... I think the plate is enough to track him down... If it comes back that the Explorer was uninsured. You can put a claim with your own insurance company & then sue the owner of the Explorer... Good luck!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Doesn't post much...

Well, on my way to the Doctor/chiropractor because I can't lift my head and my neck hurts like a beetch. Fun times, fun times...

Rod.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:03 PM

OMG! I just saw your z at MSA!!! sorry to hear that man.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:31 PM

Ya but the only issue with hunting down the owner is to hear the guy running like that it is probabley a stolen car
Old 05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Damn Rod, sorry to hear that. People just don't give a flyin' f##k. At least some don't. I hope you find out who the little bastige was. I know I would be severely pissed if they hit my boy. And then tryed to run off. I'm sorry I would have caught him. Unless he was driving a Vette or Porsche. All aside, I hope you get everything straightened out. And good luck with the chiropractor. I really want to go to MSA next year. I was drooling looking at the pics. Anyway keep us updated on your progress.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Big Poppa

omg, i think im gonna cry dude. that is bunk. it most likely was stolen and hope you back, neck, body etc. get better first, those are hard to get recouped in any amount of time when your a mechanic, believe me i know first hand
Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 PM

back and neck just get worse when you're a mechanic Or atleast thats how it's worked out for me.

You've got my condolences Rod. I think everything else has just about been said
Old 05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Doesn't post much...

Damage pics

Not too bad, but not too good. no word on wether they caught the guy yet or not.

My chiropractor (who is the official team Ciro for the San Diego Padres) say's I got pretty FUBARed. Nerve conductivity tests showed no activity on either side of C4 and no activity on the right side of four different L vertebrae. Nice.

All I know is that my head, neck and back hurt like crazy, I'm dizzy and sick to my stomach and my sense of balance is whacked.

I hope I catch the guy before the cops do...

Rod.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Oh hell no. Rod, we need to lynch that fool and hang him downtown for all to see. I cant stand that ****. My friend got rear ended just last month in a similar situation by an illegal and then called his coyote to bail him out. I bet it was a similar situation and come to think of it, it was int he Sand Diego vacinity. Im so pissed. I see your car all sexy only to have it smashed a few days later> its very fixable but thats besides the point. I just hate that crap. I wanna break someones face in . . .
Old 05-02-2006, 09:27 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

I can't contribute anything to this thread that won't be used against me in a court of law at some point in the future...
Old 05-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by lww
I can't contribute anything to this thread that won't be used against me in a court of law at some point in the future...
At least you got to see it BEFORE it got wrecked...

Rod.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:47 PM

Now I'm pissed. You do all that work and then get ****ed like that. I'm pissed