280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 AM

Hello!

Hi, I would like to introduce myself.

I'm new to the Z world and new to restoring and working on my own cars. I just got my first Z, a 79 280ZX and I'm very eager to fix her up.

I have had the 280 for less than a week and this forum has been a great help in my research and I look forward to joining in!

I'm hoping to slowly restore my Z close to it's original condition and learn a lot about mechanics and cars at the same time. And have some fun! She is in reasonably good condition (even though I can't get her to start! haha) with very straight panels and a good interior with seats in near new condition! The vehicle has been in the family for the last 10 years and parked in a garage for the last 6 years without being run. I have taken her and wan't to bring her back to life!

Thanks and I'm sure you will see me around here in the future!

Steady88
Old 11-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Big Poppa

welcome to zdriver!! first thing to do is pick up a haynes or fsm or download one online. from there post some pix and let the questions fly. have fun!
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
welcome to zdriver!! first thing to do is pick up a haynes or fsm or download one online. from there post some pix and let the questions fly. have fun!
Thanks Shady! I have downloaded one online which has been really helpful! I will post some pics up soon!

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Welcome to the club . Rust is there major issue with these cars so make sure that's not a huge issue before you start spending money. There is a lot you can do though without spending a lot to learn about the car and get it running better.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by FricFrac
Welcome to the club . Rust is there major issue with these cars so make sure that's not a huge issue before you start spending money. There is a lot you can do though without spending a lot to learn about the car and get it running better.
Thanks!

There are some rust is spots all over the car. Seems to be surface and doesn't affect the integrity of the car. But I will be treating this as soon as possible.

Cheers!