280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Guess I lost the Z...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Guess I lost the Z...

I just failed my honors trig quiz, my folks said they'll take the Z if I didn't do well.

Only problem was that I studied, did all the practice problems and knew what I was doing. The teacher put stuff on there what we didn't even learn or go over. I didn't even finish. 90% of the kids that took it didn't finish. (there's no extra credit or a curve either)

I could not be more angry right now, thats a cheapshot
Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 AM
The Good Twin

Stupid math teachers...

Maybe you can still make a deal w/ your parents....
Old 02-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Über User

trig is the easiest math course i ever took, and it was also honors. calculus is where i started getting into trouble. what the hell was it on even?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM

Teachers do that alot. they teach the same thing over and over every year. don't even relize you have not learned it yet. they just don't admit they fcked up, so ya'll take the hit.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

thats why you pay for your car and your parents cant say jack **** if you do fail a teat or do anything for that matter
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
thats why you pay for your car and your parents cant say jack **** if you do fail a teat or do anything for that matter
I did pay for it. lol

they pay insurance though...

to snw.

we're doing that identity/proof garbage. 93-100's an A etc etc.

hes one of those teachers that doesn't let anyone do well.

Highest grade in the class FOR THE WHOLE GRADE is a B- lol

It doesn't make any sense to me, he'll assign us problems to practice for a test, the test is completely irrelevant to what he assigned.

I have a 98 in freaking college physics B, and I can't get a good grade in mediocre trig? thats garbage.

kids were laughing as they handed in their tests.

btw, someone threw mud all over my Z after school today... (I was in the school basement lifting) I can't wait to find out who it was on monday (we have parking lot cameras)

Last edited by KingDatsun1; 02-27-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by kingdatsun1

btw, someone threw mud all over my z after school today... (i was in the school basement lifting) i can't wait to find out who it was on monday (we have parking lot cameras)
yes where do you live!!! I want to see this!!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by KingDatsun1

we're doing that identity/proof garbage.
I hated that part of trig.... always got stuck in a loop... substituted something in and found myself back at the same equation I started with....

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
trig is the easiest math course i ever took, and it was also honors. calculus is where i started getting into trouble. what the hell was it on even?
Calc is easy stuff. All you are doing is looking at the instantaneous slope of a function by taking infinitesimally small steps. The limit as h approaches zero! Though I hated limits....

What threw me was linear algebra... some weird and abstract rules without much application. Matrices are great for simultaneous equations, but any other use is hard to understand... like the rank of a matrix and how you find it...

I just failed my honors trig quiz, my folks said they'll take the Z if I didn't do well.

Only problem was that I studied, did all the practice problems and knew what I was doing. The teacher put stuff on there what we didn't even learn or go over. I didn't even finish. 90% of the kids that took it didn't finish. (there's no extra credit or a curve either)

I could not be more angry right now, thats a cheapshot

I hear you.... I've had my share of crappy teachers. Just wait until college when you get the same lousy teaching, but this time you are paying lots of money for it.....
Old 03-01-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Duck Ryder

I hear you.... I've had my share of crappy teachers. Just wait until college when you get the same lousy teaching, but this time you are paying lots of money for it.....
lmao

I just don't know what kind of teacher doesn't let his students be successful...

isn't that their job?
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 AM

lmao

I just don't know what kind of teacher doesn't let his students be successful...

isn't that their job?

My turn to laugh!

I had one teacher at the last minute decide that he was too busy to teach our class. So, instead we got a research assistant with no teaching experience, no course outline, and no preparation.... He tried, but it just made the class a bit difficult as it was not an easy subject to begin with.... The interesting thing is, the teacher did not teach any classes that term, he was too busy with his research. Other teachers have given me the impression that the teaching part of their job was annoying to them and they just wanted to get back to their research projects....

The point of the lesson today is... You get what you pay for. Don't go to the cheapest university for your undergrad degree.... Oh, and go to a junior/community college for your first two years and save 10 grand
Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM

welp I got a 17/30 on it. ( I didn't even do that back of it, he said if kids are crunched for time he grades in cronological order, so I focused on the first 5 and didn't do the last two)

I have a 77% in that class right now, I have all A's and a C. Luckily, there's only like 127 points so far, and I have 4 weeks and another 100 points or so, so I can get a B (which I'm personally happy with)

I hate that class with a passion.

American Math Curriculum FTL!!!

Good news, I'm throwing some money into AIG stock, its currently at .45 a share lol If I lose money, I'd rather lose it to an investment risk than be like every other teen and spend it on video games and bud.

for $100 I get 222 shares, a year ago it was 52.00 a share... If it goes back up AT ALL I make money.

Then I can finally get some sweet Z parts... for my 5 Z's
Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Über User

it will go back up, but nice and slowwwww....

also, dont feel so bad, i am pretty sure i got a 50% in my theology class, but that 50% is only 1/3 my grade and only half over, i can raise it to a 70% and then get good grades on the other 2/3 's of the class and do good, but i HATE IT!. also in my HR class (which im a ****ing pilot why do i have to take an HR class?) i think im gettting like a C or a D even possibly. everything else i think i got an A in. hmmmm.......
Old 03-03-2009, 09:06 AM

it will go back up, but nice and slowwwww....

also, dont feel so bad, i am pretty sure i got a 50% in my theology class, but that 50% is only 1/3 my grade and only half over, i can raise it to a 70% and then get good grades on the other 2/3 's of the class and do good, but i HATE IT!. also in my HR class (which im a ****ing pilot why do i have to take an HR class?) i think im gettting like a C or a D even possibly. everything else i think i got an A in. hmmmm.......
lol

are you in school right now? you look younger. what college?

I'm in studyhall right now, yes Zdriver is a distraction
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Über User

i go to lewis university. not a big school but coming up in the world, mostly because its a good nursing college and aviation college. im there for aviation.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Pr0n Addict

did they tell you who threw the mud on your car? they probably won't. they may confront him without telling you it was him though. i doubt they want to give you the opportunity to get revenge. at my school, people liked to get that window paint and put peni? all over people's cars. what is plural *****?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:23 PM

at least mud is the last of your worries, my sophomore year 8 cars were stolen, mine happened to be the seventh, after that they posted warnings around the campus
Old 03-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

at my school they lock the parking lot down and have a security coper always out there, makes it really hard to skip school, but its do-able
Old 03-03-2009, 01:57 PM

i go to lewis university. not a big school but coming up in the world, mostly because its a good nursing college and aviation college. im there for aviation.
Wuteva nurse swn . . .
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Über User

haha, i dont have the attention span to be a nurse, its supposedly hard as **** at my school.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
did they tell you who threw the mud on your car? they probably won't. they may confront him without telling you it was him though. i doubt they want to give you the opportunity to get revenge. at my school, people liked to get that window paint and put peni? all over people's cars. what is plural *****?
they haven't yet...

That kid would having coming to him for 3 simple reasons.

1. He threw mud at car.

2. The car happened to be a Z

3. It was MY Z.

Punishment....hmmm

lol

pretty sure that mud has gravel in it, I'm noticing a lot of dings and scratches and ****. how do you get deep scratches/chips repaired with metallic paint?
Old 03-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Pr0n Addict

touch up paint for anything deep, and buffing for very fine stuff. that's pretty much all you can do. sometimes a wetsand and more clear coat will do it. pretty much, there's no perfect way to do it other than re-paint. moral is, tell the school you want to press charges when they find him.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:24 AM

Yeah I think I'll stop in the office next period when I have lunch and ask, I'm in spanish class at the moment "doing rosetta stone" lol Spanish is the easiest language.

I have a LOT of stuff I need to fix on my Z... I cover a few things every weekend.

Major problem...FLOORLEAK...
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM
The Good Twin

Spanish is the easiest language.
De acuerdo... ¡pero mae calláte la boca o tendre que darte una patada fatal! ¿oistes?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:53 AM

Yeah I think I'll stop in the office next period when I have lunch and ask, I'm in spanish class at the moment "doing rosetta stone" lol Spanish is the easiest language.
Rosettastone rules.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
De acuerdo... ¡pero mae calláte la boca o tendre que darte una patada fatal! ¿oistes?
¿por qué quieres darme una paliza!? yo pensé que estabas guay nismo... 022:

Quick Reply: Guess I lost the Z...