280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Finaly . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Finaly . . .

I finaly have a garage to call my own! Now the Z can stay inside durring the rain and i have a place to work on the Z at night! Obviously this is just a test fit. The garage came fully furnished with crap. So there is a bit of work to be done but its all there. Auto door, connected to the house, upstairs work area . . .i mean, its no lww palace of anything automotive with heat, AC and lift but it sure beats working on the street and in the dark!

Old 11-14-2006, 03:06 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by apollo
Obviously this is just a test fit. The garage came fully furnished with crap.
Hold up... you just move there? or were you just granted access to the garage?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

I moved in. Its my casa
Old 11-14-2006, 03:09 PM
The Good Twin

Sweet! Good score! I'll be moving in to my place on Nov 30. Tis the American Dream!

Looks like ya got a free fridge and some cabinets!
Old 11-14-2006, 04:23 PM
No Club Love

furnished...man thats over stocked...put all that crap on ebay, and say it's apollo's. but at least you have a z parked in there....also just a garage, i want one....but i gotta wait till cali.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:28 PM

A GARAGE to work on my Z, what a dream. My brother in law moved into a new house one weekend and had a heart attack the next weekend and died. We cut down trees in the backyard the day he died, to put in a pool. His next step was a garage with a lift. He helped me with my cars and loved doing it. If we needed a part when working on my car, i bought it and gave it to him for helping me. He was the best brother in law a guy could ever want. We were going to build his shop with a lift and then that fall we were going to add a garage onto my house. But that never happened. Congrats on the garage, it does beat the street or the driveway, in the dark and in the rain.!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Über User

a house without a garage???? i dont even think those exist in IL lol.... we have detatched garages at the minimum.... but thats alot of junk you should clear up some space
Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Yea, junk is going to be gone real soon. I was just so juiced to have a garage to park the Z in now i had to share. I'll have it set up to do just about everything i need minus welding. Can you believe this garage doesnt have a 220 outlet anywhere?! Must have been hastily built later and by the owner at the time. Oh well. . . .
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Taste My Rainbow

I'm Looking At A House In Nebraska That Has An Attached 1 Car And A Detached 2 Car / Work Shop. Mmmm That Would Be Sweet. Congrats On The New Morgage Though.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by 3XAZOWNER
A GARAGE to work on my Z, what a dream. My brother in law moved into a new house one weekend and had a heart attack the next weekend and died. We cut down trees in the backyard the day he died, to put in a pool. His next step was a garage with a lift. He helped me with my cars and loved doing it. If we needed a part when working on my car, i bought it and gave it to him for helping me. He was the best brother in law a guy could ever want. We were going to build his shop with a lift and then that fall we were going to add a garage onto my house. But that never happened. Congrats on the garage, it does beat the street or the driveway, in the dark and in the rain.!!!
dude thats sad y u gotta n make me sad
Old 11-15-2006, 07:29 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
in california, is not the garage to dwelling ratio somwething like 1 garage to every 5-10 dwellings? congratulations on the garage.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 AM
The Evil Twin

good job on getting a house Apollo! Looks like a $1mil home assuming its a 1bed 1 bath! lol
Old 11-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

4 bed, 2 bath, newly remodeled kitchen, big backyard, and no nieghbors behind me due to the EBMUD resevoir! Just all forest land and a big thing of water. Kinda cool. . .
Old 11-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Doesn't post much...

Sweet, congrats dude!!!

Rod.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:53 AM

Congrats! Yeah, I had to do the electrical in my garage, too. Apparenlyt, nobody had garages wired in '56. Even better yours came pre-furnished with piles of stuff! Saves you at least two years of accumulating your own junk! It took me forever to get my garage crammed beyond capacity.
enjoy your new casa!
Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 11:52 AM

NICE! Did you get the house reposesed or do people just leave their **** hanging around? Oh, and if thats your car now, you need to update your cardomain.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by z-hag
in california, is not the garage to dwelling ratio somwething like 1 garage to every 5-10 dwellings? congratulations on the garage.
where I lived in Cali was EVERY house had a garage. Lots and lots of tract homes. Most with atleast a 2-3 car garage too.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:25 AM
No Club Love

yeah the newer houses like in the riverside area are all tract homes, they suck cause your so close to every one. but like the older houses don't have crap for space or garages...like j, u no where mead valley is...perfect example
Old 11-16-2006, 07:03 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
hat's only if ypou live in a new tract--i like the older stuff, when i live on land.
the older stuff has no garages or they have many on one lot and some are rentable

i want a garage for my z31s, but i do not want to move to the beach
Old 11-16-2006, 05:30 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Apollo, give me a call and we'll hook up some weekend and wire the garage.

I wired my whole garage for 220v. Had to run new circuits for the welder, the plasma cutter and the lift.

It's no big deal and we can get it done in about 2 hours if you've already got the recepticles and the 220v breaker.

Cheers,
LWW
Old 11-16-2006, 06:02 PM

Aw man I wish I had a garage. The best I have is a shed that at one time could maybe fit the Mini Cooper but now its too full of nice junk that unfortinately cant be thrown away. Even if I could fit the Z in there it wouldent feel like a garage. Its open, and it was painted red like 30 years ago but now its turned to pink which really just dosent go with the whole Z concept if you ask me...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by lww
Apollo, give me a call and we'll hook up some weekend and wire the garage.

I wired my whole garage for 220v. Had to run new circuits for the welder, the plasma cutter and the lift.

It's no big deal and we can get it done in about 2 hours if you've already got the recepticles and the 220v breaker.

Cheers,
LWW
Thats my project when the winter is over. I've got no power to my garage at all. But I'm gonna need it when it comes time to bust out the welder
Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by wreckedj30
yeah the newer houses like in the riverside area are all tract homes, they suck cause your so close to every one. but like the older houses don't have crap for space or garages...like j, u no where mead valley is...perfect example
Thats right there near Perris right? My brother and his girlfriend live out that way. I lived not too far from there in Temecula after moving out of the San Diego region.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:45 PM

Garage = great. I'm sure getting tired of tinkering with my Z on the street as people walk/drive by.
I wouldn't even need 2 years to accumulate stuff, with a Zcar I'd have that thing full of spare parts (and spare Zs) within months!
Old 11-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Queen of Yachts

gee--i drove thru perris, temecula, palm desert, indian wells, 29 palms today.

dang, my AE runs fine!

Quick Reply: Finaly . . .