280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Final list of things to fix.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 12:53 PM

Final list of things to fix.

Ok so the safety is ok. Were def keeping the zx!!!
Issue # 1 in reverse bangs hard if you spin the wheels. Replaced the u joints on the passenger side. New one that fell off is coming Tues. Got my Haynes manual today so didn't show me how to shake down the rear end or end play limits of the rear yokes coming out of the diff up and down "sky/dirt" For the smart asses. It came in .012 side to side "Radiator / muffler" .011 and .26 in out of diff. thats bout normal for the Fiat i dunno limits rear should be good. Now I take a pry bar to all the mounts to check?? Rubber looks new on everything.
Issue# 2 No temp gauge sped o and various gremlins. Looked around the engine today got the 2 sensors and a cheap white plastic chunk attached to the thermostat housing 1 being around 11/16 and the other 7/8 Manual showed only one. Got a yellowish wire completely off and the other got funked up. Napa sells a temperature sending unit but the !&#(!^ !@*&^$* 16 yr old punk working there couldn't help me and added they should be off the road by now dude. I told him to get his 94 neon with that shitty black spray painted hood to line em up lol. The spedo most of you have had that issue if you had to guess is it usually the cable or the gauge itself? Dont feel like having fun with 30 yr plastic to still not have it work. and lastly I will pay big money for someone to come up with an extra WORKING wiper/turn signal switch. The High beam "clicker" Broke and got a family of gremlins " head lights turn-signals" Come on at their own will..Everything else is perfect. New front end Motor was re-built new shocks and springs all around. Just lil things now and wait for my body panels. So far 2600.00 in the hole for paint. Bought the paint today. Obsidian black pearl with 2-tone candy silver. 1200.00 in for body panels and small mechanical. So My pics will come up as soon as my camera lets me download. Easy share my ***. Thanks for any help got limited time to be learning and making mistakes LOL
Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 PM

Oh And num 3 looked around Got the manifold gasket for her. Does a header really open the hp up for the money?? And Who makes a good stud set.? Fig all new studs and bolts to every project. Got my buds this weekend some BBq and whiskey should help that manifold come right off
Old 09-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Oh yeah?! Freak this!!!

I went to Napa for studs. They were expensive though. Or you get pick them up from here, just scroll towards the bottom... http://www.freewebs.com/pallnet/products.htm

I think I paid about the same at Napa, but I don't know how they compare quality wise...
Old 09-18-2009, 04:00 PM
eff good grammar

i figure a header must be a good upgrade because alot of people do it, i mean ALOT.
and the cost for a new header compared to some other cars is pretty cheap too...

i'm hoping to find a used one some day but i keep finding the 6 into 2 and no 6 into 1.
with out rack and pinion i want to eliminate that junction and just go straight into pipe with out an adaptor because i am not doing dual.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 PM

Remember, On an engine. one up must compliment another.Get cold air set up for better flow in inlarge the T/B for letting it all go through, you'll need a longer duration cam to let that extra air in. then you'll need header to let the extra out, then the larger flowing exhaust. and you still have fuel and spark to think of also. but if you only do a few of the gains. you will see small gains. but in order to get the most gain for the $ invested you'll have to address everything.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM

Yea...Right now my number 1 Priority Is getting the body finished and the Exhaust sealed. Car is not trustworthy just yet. Gotta go over all the electrical gremlins. The temp gauge must work.....Seen the issues if it over heats. To make certain the car can handle a long ride. Right now with out the new half shaft Its parked then just around town bruiser.