280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Ebay screwed me!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 10:52 AM

Angry Ebay screwed me!!!!

SO I got my TOkicos springs and shocks from ebay the other day...I take out one of the shocks and WTF I CAN MOVE IT UP AND DOWN WITH MY HAND!!!! WTF!>??!? !? WHJQEGRFHJWEBCB IS THAT NORMAL OR DID I JUST GET A FAKE SHOCK?!?!?!? IVE BEEN SCAMMED!!!!!

Last edited by iluvJDM; 05-18-2006 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by iluvJDM
SO I got my TOkicos springs and shocks from ebay the other day...I take out one of the shocks and WTF I CAN MOVE IT UP AND DOWN WITH MY HAND!!!! WTF!>??!? !? WHJQEGRFHJWEBCB IS THAT NORMAL OR DID I JUST GET A FAKE SHOCK?!?!?!? IVE BEEN SCAMMED!!!!!

They're meant to "dampen" the rough road. If they were rock hard, that would be one uncomfortable ride. They should be somewhat stiff tho... not just moving freely when touched.

Were they advertised as NEW?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

i dont htink you should be able to move them up and down with your hands.. think you got screwd!!! you prolly were better off buying it from a part store that could have ordered them straight from tokico....
Old 05-18-2006, 11:44 AM

YES they they were new!!! damn seller is on ebay right now! type in 280zx tokicos and its the one thats buy it now for 329$! Man i put it on the ground sitting up and it just sags, theres like no gas in it!!!! what can I do!?!?!?
Old 05-18-2006, 11:54 AM

yeah moving them up with ur hand alone is a lot of play...i think u got screwed buddy
Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

is it just one strut or all 4 that are shot??? you might want to get hold of the seller and see what he can do???
Old 05-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Doesn't post much...

You got a defective unit... Plain and simple.
Contact the seller and let them know. If they are reputable, they will take care of you.

Rod.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:52 PM

talk to the guy and see if he'll resolve the issue before you go around saying he screwed you. If it's an honest mistake and he's willing to replace it then the guy doesn't need a negative image associated with his name. I've gotten a defective shock from NAPA before so like Rod said, it happens. If he tells you to contact Tokico directly then make sure this guy is authorized to sell this stuff first. If he's not then Tokico wont do anything for you.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:59 PM

ok got home! got to the box and pulled out two shocks. Ok i cant push them in with my hand but just simply placing one end on the ground i can push down easily, and the rebound is so slow when I let go! the other one was the same! Is that how everyone else's was? I checked to see if they were authentic: came in a tokico box, and they have tokicos decals all over them and the springs have tokicos printed on them...oh the springs seem to be good though nice and stiff, i had my friend stand on them and he compressed them a bit...
Old 05-18-2006, 03:10 PM
The Good Twin

ok got home! got to the box and pulled out two shocks. Ok i cant push them in with my hand but just simply placing one end on the ground i can push down easily, and the rebound is so slow when I let go! the other one was the same! Is that how everyone else's was? I checked to see if they were authentic: came in a tokico box, and they have tokicos decals all over them and the springs have tokicos printed on them...oh the springs seem to be good though nice and stiff, i had my friend stand on them and he compressed them a bit...
So pretty much ya jumped the gun...........
Old 05-18-2006, 03:11 PM

I was going to order from the same guy I believe. If it is the same guy he has a good feedback rating 99.4%, with over 16,400 transactions and he is a Power Seller-
PowerSellers are eBay top sellers who sustain a consistent high volume of monthly sales and a high level of total Feedback --with 98% or better positive rating by other eBay users.

I'm not in a big hurry, so I'll wait to see how your transaction works out. I imagine that he will resolve it, because no one could keep a 99.4% positive rating, if he is a scammer and doesn't stand behind his product. Good Luck, keep us posted.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Doesn't post much...

You just described a PERFECTLY working new strut.

Way to get yourself all worked up over nothin' there sport

Rod.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:22 PM

Seeing Rod's response, I would agree with him. You are testing a shock that is designed to do just that, but what you are leaving out of the test is that it works together with a spring. Therefore the strut and spring work together to give you a smoother ride. Testing one by it self would be like testing a radio and not using speakers? I have never installed struts or springs, but I know that my 83 needs them.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
You just described a PERFECTLY working new strut.

Way to get yourself all worked up over nothin' there sport

Rod.

even though thats what i wanna hear.....are you sure?!?! Ok so saying its a perfect strut... whats with the weak *** bound and rebound?!?! I expected something stiffer from something labeled as "High Performance" I dont want a smoother ride, I want a stiff ride with as little body roll as possible!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:00 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

even though thats what i wanna hear.....are you sure?!?! Ok so saying its a perfect strut... whats with the weak *** bound and rebound?!?! I expected something stiffer from something labeled as "High Performance" I dont want a smoother ride, I want a stiff ride with as little body roll as possible!
the springs provide the rebound. the struts just dampen it. i think you need to read up a bit on how suspension works.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:42 PM
Doesn't post much...

Things such as ride height, stiffness, bound and rebound are determined by the SPRING. The shock/struts whole mission in life is to dampen the action of the spring oscilatting. You WANT a slow, steady moving strut that won't ALLOW the spring to do what ever it wants to.

I'm no expert, I'm just a guy who's been in the business for 20 years and operates his own high volume shop specializing in suspension and brakes...

I really don't want to sound pompous or rude, but like Entropy wrote in his post... You really need to do a little research on how this stuff works. If you had known a little more to begin with, this whole thread wouldn't even exist.

I do appreciate you giving me a place to inflate my post count though

Rod.
Old 05-18-2006, 05:02 PM

the thing is..that its suppose to move in when going slow...try pushing fast on it...it will stop it...
Old 05-18-2006, 05:17 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

I do appreciate you giving me a place to inflate my post count though

Rod.

you can also do that on the officail post ***** thread Rod... inflate your post count to your hearts content!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 06:58 PM

tell me how good it feels once u have thouse on your z car.. i will plan on buying mine soon too..
Old 05-18-2006, 07:03 PM

I tell you this....I got screwed from some eBay guy for $300

I really don't trust bids/purchases from eBay no more; plus many times it's really not worth the wait and the price. I rather shop around a bit more and maybe pay a couple of bucks more than to wait around for a bid to end and find out that I'm not the winner.
Not to mention that many people use those stupid bots and website (can't remember the name of the site atm) that wait until the bid is about to end to outbid you.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:09 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by n00blar
Not to mention that many people use those stupid bots and website (can't remember the name of the site atm) that wait until the bid is about to end to outbid you.
Sniping....

Ebay can be risky... but sellers w/ hundreds or thousands of feedback & 99.9% of them are positive, are most likely trustworthy. I always use Paypal, so if they do scam me, I just file a complaint & get my $ back.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:34 PM

I'm no expert...
I'm just a guy who's been in the business for 20 years and operates his own high volume shop specializing in suspension and brakes...

Rod.
Almost a contradictory of terms
Old 05-18-2006, 09:04 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Almost a contradictory of terms

He's just humble... in his own way!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:39 AM

The truth off the matter is that , that kit sucks *** .You can do it better and cheaper..But for you ,
now that you goNE and wasted the money : ( Cut two coils out of the front springs and 2 1/2 off the back ones and then it will be low eff and stiff eff... but when this kit is installed on any zx' the way it comes , its **** ......
It doesnt make it lower at all mabe a inch...Thats not **** when your rolling 14's....
With out removeing coils from the springs it wont be stiff eff and your wheel gap will still be crap...
The cheaper better way to do this would have been buy cheaper lowering springs.
cutt them and then finding a nice gas strut.

My friend got these for his yellow 1980 10th anny , there alot stiffer then the kit ..Iam always pushing on it when i see his car lolol..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...&searchbtn.y=0

http://www.coximport.com/store/365013

If your looking for a little BETTER strut that is ajustable then these would do to but there a little more spendy

http://www.jazzproparts.com/ProductD...uctCode=BZ3038

I think when the time comes to get rid of these stock cut springs that i have now .That work fine and costed nothing..Other then time to cut them ....I will end up buying these springs along with the ajustable struts and cutt them ...It will have alot stiffer ride...NO body roll..Much lower stance and will be better then the kit over all ...would cost less with out the ajustable struts but owell ...

My other friend got the same kit as you did for his 86 300zx the springs arent very stiff and the ride hight makes it still look like a 4 x 4 ...

If your thinking about cutting your springs and worryed about it messing **** up dont be !
My z is stiff as **** and has. NO body roll , with stock cut springs and stock struts..

If any of you want to try this , Cut 2 coils from the front and cut 2 1/2 off the back .Dont worry about removeing the spring from the strut just cut it with it on there and remove the cut piece , push the spring and strut back together and reinstall .
Just make sure as you jack it down to have someone carefully hold the spring in place untell it just starts to lock into its spots on the purch..Dont pinch your buddys hand and you will be golden ; )
Watch your zx turn your into a drift king ....50 to 75 foot drifts with white smoke in the dry! :0

That kit is a rip off ..I WOULDNT BUY IT...

Last edited by 81 Black L28E; 05-19-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:26 AM

Great, at least did not buy from MSA! $540 for the kit!!! I paid $345 with shipping off the ebay seller. Ok so its crap, WHY didnt anyone say anything?!?, a bunch of Z ppl even told me to get tokicos and recommended them. But thanks for the info on dropping the Z tho, Black L28E. I think ill try it out on my stock springs and go ahead and install the Tokicos as is. After that Ill swap the cut springs onto the tokico struts, see how that goes. Man so almost no drop uh? That sucks so bad...wheel gap really kills me man Anyway I was going thru the Haynes manual's drawing of the rear suspension and the shocks look like they have bump stops (i think thats what theyre called, the round disc around the shock) The ones from the kit are just a smooth tube with nothing else on them...ill post pics later, I just dont want to go thru all the trouble of taking apart my car and have something not fit....

Last edited by iluvJDM; 05-19-2006 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Ebay screwed me!!!!