280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

The Devil Z

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 AM

The Devil Z

Typed it in on google and this is what I found, its pretty interesting, I love the way it looks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vQ2nWDQaiQ

One day, Akio Asakura, a high school student who is at his last year, is driving his friend's Fairlady Z (Z31) and is challenged by Tatsuya Shima, a doctor, in his black Porsche 911 (964), nicknamed the "BlackBird". With his friend who owns the Z31 in the passenger seat and two girls in the back, Akio pitifully tries to win, but is defeated. Determined to become faster, he goes to the junkyard because his mechanic friend who owns a Mazda RX7 FC3S tells him he saw a wrecked Fairlady S30 just like Akio wanted. When he sees the damaged midnight blue Fairlady Z (S30) in the junkyard he remembers seeing this car a few years ago with a nice girl in the passenger seat. Intrigued as to why such a classic Japanese performance vehicle is about to be junked, he convinces the junkyard owner to sell it to him, the junkyard owner was told by the previous owner's sister to scrap the car because it is cursed. He soon finds that the car is unnaturally fast due to a tuned L28 engine, bored and stroked to 3.1L and fitted with twin turbos, that produces unmeasurable amounts of horsepower (620hp). He also finds that the car's previous owner had the same first AND last name as Akio (Asakura Akio) and had died in a horrible crash on the Wangan. Every person who takes possession of the Z ends up spinning out of control and crashing, as if the car is rebelling against it's driver. This gives the blue Z the nickname "The Devil Z". The manga follows Akio's various encounters with people on the Wangan, though the central plot revolves around his constant battle with the BlackBird for Wangan superiority.

Last edited by KingDatsun1; 08-25-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Externally Wastegated

If you like what you see, type in Wangan Midnight and you'll be able to watch the animated series of that Z. There were a few live action episodes featuring that SSS's Z. And the 240Z w/ the NC plates belongs to a guy on HybridZ, but his Z is no longer L powered, he is dropping in a VQ motor.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

its a pretty cool series, i have the website that shows all the movies that have been convereted to english. im sure like lifegrddude said just google it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:05 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I just spent all afternoon and some of the evening watching..Wangan Midnight. Friggin' awesome show. And now I know what I want to do with my S30...when I get one. Anyway very addictive show. I watched it up to act 14 on youtube yesterday. And it had the english subtitles. So I could understand what they were saying. lol Anyway all in all...a great anime. And I want to get it on DVD if I can find it. I also want the PS2 game..if it will work in my console.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:00 AM

i've got ep 1-18 on dvd
ebay it. some guy in malaysia sells them for dirt cheap. not to mention the arcade game which i'm also in love with
Old 09-16-2008, 01:53 AM
NisTuner

Oddly enough I've noticed too many parallels between myself and the wangan anime. Only instead of centering around the S30Z Mine has been around the S130Z.

Akio starts with a Z31. I started out with my 85' Z31 that didn't go well, and one day while waiting for a ride on a street corner, a really amazing condition 280ZX goes by. I love the way it looks, and from that moment on I really want to get a 280ZX. Akio becomes infatuated by the S30 when walking down the street and he sees an S30 pass by him.

We both get rid of our Z31s and end up getting the S30 and S130 respectively. At the time Akio primarily works as a waiter/server, where as I worked in a restaurant in the back making the food. It just goes into where the both of us basically just work and work and spend most if not all our money on our cars.

Akio ends up stupidly crashing twice in a very similar situation where he goes through the road signs and into a guardrail. I've rear ended people twice... although both was not in the Z. Finally the third time Akio ends up in an accident is when a semi-truck purposely cuts him off and annihilates the Z. For me, the third accident I was in was while I was driving and some kid loses control and slams into me head on. Although Akio works on rebuilding the body of the Z. I just switched over to my 280ZXT and began working on that to get it running well. It's weird the way it's paralleled the manga in the way it has.

Right now I'm to the point where I'm undecided on the direction I want to go with my Z. Eventually I'm going to get a new body for my L28ET, but I'm not sure if I want it to be an S30 or another S130. As for the PS2 game I have that, I also have the PS3 game. They're cool, although I think the Arcade game is a bit more fun. The PS2 game has a really awesome intro. Search it on youtube.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by duowing
Oddly enough I've noticed too many parallels between myself and the wangan anime. Only instead of centering around the S30Z Mine has been around the S130Z.

Akio starts with a Z31. I started out with my 85' Z31 that didn't go well, and one day while waiting for a ride on a street corner, a really amazing condition 280ZX goes by. I love the way it looks, and from that moment on I really want to get a 280ZX. Akio becomes infatuated by the S30 when walking down the street and he sees an S30 pass by him.

We both get rid of our Z31s and end up getting the S30 and S130 respectively. At the time Akio primarily works as a waiter/server, where as I worked in a restaurant in the back making the food. It just goes into where the both of us basically just work and work and spend most if not all our money on our cars.

Akio ends up stupidly crashing twice in a very similar situation where he goes through the road signs and into a guardrail. I've rear ended people twice... although both was not in the Z. Finally the third time Akio ends up in an accident is when a semi-truck purposely cuts him off and annihilates the Z. For me, the third accident I was in was while I was driving and some kid loses control and slams into me head on. Although Akio works on rebuilding the body of the Z. I just switched over to my 280ZXT and began working on that to get it running well. It's weird the way it's paralleled the manga in the way it has.

Right now I'm to the point where I'm undecided on the direction I want to go with my Z. Eventually I'm going to get a new body for my L28ET, but I'm not sure if I want it to be an S30 or another S130. As for the PS2 game I have that, I also have the PS3 game. They're cool, although I think the Arcade game is a bit more fun. The PS2 game has a really awesome intro. Search it on youtube.

I love that vid. with the cartoon l series its so damn cool. put to maximum horomone. lol
Old 10-12-2008, 07:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlOG4cMvaNU

love it
Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 AM

I heard about it from a friend after I was talking about L31 engines, something to do with an LD28 crank and KA24 pistons to make it a 3100 CC engine
He was like "3.1 litres... that's the Devil Z from Wangan Midnight!"