280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

County Code Enforcement

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:14 PM

Angry County Code Enforcement

Dig this crap! I get home from work today and my moms boyfriend (the guy that owns this house) tells me the people next door to us are having work done to their house and a County Code Enforcement person was over there to inspect some things and took it upon himself to waddle his *** over into my yard and start **** because I have 2 untagged cars sitting in my yard and says I have until Tuesday to rectify the situation or I will be fined. WTF?!?! He also said that my porch needs to be cleaned off because he thinks it is a fire hazard!!! I have a table that has some boxes on it that hold my car parts and various other things.

Well, I am not sure what my plan is but I will be here Tuesday waiting for this scumbag government worker to see what the hell his problem is. I have been told by police officers that if I have vehicles without tags on them then the rear of the car cannot face the road...and the are not. They are backed into my yard...chilling out. I may be forced to get my '79 insured and tagged before this guy gets here so I can mess with him. I am going to be so very very rude to this person. I think I will keep the tag aside till he calls the cops...and I am sure he will or at the very least let him write some paperwork and maybe some fines then bust out my **** and laugh at him as I kick him off my property.

What gets me is it breaks down like this, I am allowed to buy a car but in order for me to own it I MUST pay to have it insured and tagged or I must pay fines. We do not live in a deed restricted community and we have no home owners association to deal with but I have to work and pay taxes so this ******* can come out to my house and tell me I will have to pay fines if I don't do things his way. What a crock of ****, I am so pissed off right now and I am going to take it out on this guy when he shows up. I don't care if it's just his job, the ***** could have just did his job and left the neighbors house and went on his way.

I may be slick and just get car covers....we have a tv channel here that shows local laws and what not and I remember seeing something about things in the yard like cars and stuff just need to be behind a fence or covered so as not to be in view of the public. I will look into this some and see what I can do. I am not letting this go though. FTW!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
The Good Twin

Almost every city has rules about how many cars / autos can be on one lot. They are hardly enforced unless it's blatantly obvious or a neighbor gets sick of seeing them & rats you out.

You could do nothing & risk getting a fine, or just drive the cars to a neighbor / friend's place.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:07 PM

you cant just register the car as a non-operational vehicle? Then you dont need to insure it. As long as there is no restriction in your community saying you can have a non-operatating vehicle on your property that should be all you need to do.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 PM

The Gold 82 is going bye bye anyway so I am not worried about that one BUT my '79 is fully operational so I don't know how that would go. I found the local laws on this matter and have it in PDF so I can reference it. It states that my car(s) are derelict vehicles (An inoperable, abandoned, or unregistered car) and must be either registered or not in the view of the public (contained in a structure such as a garage or other permitted man made structure) I myself consider a car cover to be a man made structure that hides the car from view. I am calling the environmental code enforcement office tomorrow to see if I can just cover the car.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 PM

I don't believe inspectors are allowed to come onto your property for the purposes for assessing a fine. They can only do it from public property, like the street. Unless your folks invited him into your driveway, how could he have seen the rear of the cars? How could he have known they were unregistered?

I'm not a lawyer though, and don't live in Florida.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mikeatrpi
I don't believe inspectors are allowed to come onto your property for the purposes for assessing a fine. They can only do it from public property, like the street. Unless your folks invited him into your driveway, how could he have seen the rear of the cars? How could he have known they were unregistered?

I'm not a lawyer though, and don't live in Florida.
The owner of the house I live in was here doing some painting and stuff and the code officer was next door...I am sure the owner of this house went outside and ask him about my cars...he is my moms boyfriend and I don't think he likes me too much, but I don't care. The backs of the cars are close to the house too so yeah, he had to come some 30+ feet up to the porch area to see the rear of the cars. I smell something Shady going on but I am far to slick to let my moms bar owning boyfriend and some pencil pushing code officer beat me or force me to pay one red cent for MY cars that I don't want to spend. I can always be on TV....."Wildest Police Chases" Just look for the rusted red Turbo ZX in Central Florida

Sheriff John Brunell: "Pinellas County Florida, this criminal thought he could outsmart police in this wild 2 hour chase that spanned 6 counties and topped speeds of 140mph!!..........." It would go like this though...."This criminal has the upper hand with his high horsepower super sports car and easily walks away from the outmatched police cruisers....

Last edited by thxone; 06-26-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by thxone
Sheriff John Brunell: "Pinellas County Florida, this criminal thought he could outsmart police in this wild 2 hour chase that spanned 6 counties and topped speeds of 140mph!!..........." It would go like this though...."This criminal has the upper hand with his high horsepower super sports car and easily walks away from the outmatched police cruisers....
Im not too sure thats a great idea haha. but good luck with whatever happens sounds like a bunch of bullsh**t to me! I could see if you had like 20 old rusted chevy trucks in your yard but c'mon now.

This kind of stuff really makes me dislike any type of cop(no offense)
Old 06-26-2007, 09:22 PM
NisTuner

If they were Chevy trucks, that would probably be fine. They probably just hate Japanese cars.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

try to get away with throwing a tarp on it.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Über User

just kill him, kill him and eat the body. no one will ever know.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:06 AM
Ruff Ryder

unless you belong to the HOA or the cars physically look like ****, then they cant do anything except tell you to move them, just switch their spots in the yard, then he can't legally do anything...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
just kill him, kill him and eat the body. no one will ever know.
Ill second that idea
Old 06-27-2007, 05:11 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

I'll tell you my opinion on this. And what I would do. If he did try and write me a ticket, I would tell him to shove it up his ***. And tell him to get off my property, and stay out of my friggin' business. You are not hurting, or bothering anybody. And you don't have junk lying all over the place. So who gives a flying f$#k, if you have a messy porch. I didn't know you lived in snobbsville, and a rich bastard neiborhood. Again, tell them to shove it up their ***. And mind their own business.

Yeah I was speaking my mind on that one. I really hate ignorant people, that have nothing better to do. Than bother us poor folk, that mind our business. And don't start trouble. It just really peeves to me to no end. Anyway yeah, in my opinion. If they really wanted to start crap, I would get them for trespassing, and messing or touching my vehicles. Okay I am done, this was good way to let out some tension. Been a long *** week. Thanks for starting this thread bro' Good luck to you on this, and I wouldn't sweat it much.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:17 AM
The Evil Twin

kick back on the front porch with a shotgun in your hand....
Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Über User

YEAH!!! ^^^^^ but you gotta tie a flashlight AND a pitch for to it with shoe string.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
YEAH!!! ^^^^^ but you gotta tie a flashlight AND a pitch for to it with shoe string.
here snw, i found the "k" you lost.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Doesn't post much...

You might be a Redneck if...

I'm just sayin' ...

Rod.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
You might be a Redneck if...
the city tells you to get your cars off of yo momma's front lawn...
you have so many boxes of parts on the front porch that it has been declared a fire hazzard...
Old 06-27-2007, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
the city tells you to get your cars off of yo momma's front lawn...
you have so many boxes of parts on the front porch that it has been declared a fire hazzard...
Ha ha...

I found out some info today. One, the county code enforcement office is loaded down with a bunch of idiots and nobody there could give me a straight answer on ANYTHING. Two, if I put a car cover on my car, nobody is legally allowed to look under it including code enforcement or the police. Three, the code officer was supposed to give me a card or some type of letter stating what needed to be done. I did not get a letter or a card so I will do as instructed by the tag office and put the car under a cover. Problem solved. I also ask the tag office about non-operational vehicle tags or permits or anything at all about it and they told me there are no such laws or tags or papers of that sort.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
The Evil Twin

sweet. Tie that cover down good.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Über User

burry it in gravel. they will never suspect it to be under a mound of gravel. heheheheeeee
Old 07-24-2007, 09:28 AM

Any new news?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:09 PM

I think my land lord was blowing smoke up my ***, the code guy never came back as far as I know. I got rid of the gold ZX and my '79 is under a car cover.