280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Adios dears friends for now

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 11:12 AM

Adios dears friends for now

So in the fustration of working my car and the lack of parts available to the s130 i chose to take a break and part out my z. I figure i can come back to it later on when i have more money. But for now im going to be driving a sc300 and a supra. Moving to toyota for a while. At least this way it wont be as high maintance and i wont have to worry about constantly fixing something.

I am selling a lot of parts from my car just pm if interested.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Aw man. Cmon. Dont sell. You're so close!!! Have you had anyone else come to look at it?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:58 PM
The Good Twin

Dude... you kiddin? What happened to that beautiful engine? And isn't your Z's body perfect???
Old 07-15-2006, 12:59 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Darrel, did you get it down to ZCG or ND Autocare?

Wait a minute???? You have enough money to maintain a Supra AND an SC300, but not enough to maintain a 280ZX?

Dude, you're messin' with my head... PM me and I'll help you 'unload' it if you want...

Last edited by lww; 07-15-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:01 PM

If you sell out, your in for a butt-kickin'...

See that cat in my sig?? He'll come "do ya"...
Old 07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Darrell man, dude you are quitting already? Are you a true Z enthuisiast? Obviously not, if you are giving up, and would rather have a Supra, and sc300. Not bagging on you, but to me the Z would be top priority. And you think the Z is high maintenance? Dude I am sure the other cars you have, are more higher maintenance. Than a 280zx, it is real simplified, and a good car to learn to work on. For imports, I would take my Z anyday, to any other imports. For it's longevity, and the fact the L-series motors, are pretty much one of the simplest motors to work on.

If you are really serious about this. I hope everything turns out the way you want. Like I said, not trying to put you down. Just stating how I feel about the current situation. It is your choice on what you do, but if it was me. I would be doing what it took to make my Z run, and run friggin' strong. Good luck to you man, whatever you decide.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM

Man that's a sweet motor. I would Never let that thing out of my sights. let alone sell. That motor looks like it has takin some time to build. And to quit is just makin it a waste of time.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

I talked him out of it for now guys. He's just burnt out from the swap. Its giving him nothing but trouble. So i talked to him and convinced him to let me come over and look it over to see if i can offer a fresh opinion of the problem. If we can just get the new pilot bearing and clutch on and at least mount the motor he'll be happy. I wont let him just go out that easy.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:12 PM

Dont quit man... just put it to the side cover it up with a tarp or somthing and let the car sit until ... a few months down the line when the " Z" Fever hits u again and watch the z will come back to life.. dont give up...
Old 07-15-2006, 04:19 PM

Apollo, you 'da man!!
Old 07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
Doesn't post much...

I stayed out of this for a reason... Lord knows I've come close to throwing in the towel more than a few times. I knew you guys would all do a good job of talking him out of it Way to go!

Hang in there Darrell, the rewards are worth the pain.

Rod.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:25 PM
The Good Twin

Indeed.... Tho I think it's a good idea to have an SC300 or Supra on the side. I've got my Bimmer that is more fun as a daily driver than the Z, but when I need an adrenaline rush (aka "shiz my pants going sideways") I'll break out the Z.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:02 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by apollo
I talked him out of it for now guys. He's just burnt out from the swap. Its giving him nothing but trouble. So i talked to him and convinced him to let me come over and look it over to see if i can offer a fresh opinion of the problem. If we can just get the new pilot bearing and clutch on and at least mount the motor he'll be happy. I wont let him just go out that easy.
Understandable man, I have been there already. As you all know, and that is what I figured was the case. That he was burned out. Props to you Apollo, on changing his mind for now. Hopefully you can help him get that bad boy running strong. Keep the faith, and the reward for him, will be kick #ss!
Old 07-15-2006, 09:31 PM

You ZDriver guys and your talking people into keeping projects.

I would still to this day have my Z, but you know how my circumstances were.

Your car's beautiful, Darrell. I would trade my Integra, both sets of wheels, and my trusty right nut for your Zed sled.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:06 AM

don't be givin him idea's hell. Just got him to keep it.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:07 AM

Hey sorry to hear about that, what kind of Supra are you driving?? And I sent you a PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

daymn it darrell... you better not give up!!! your so close... i say keep the car... save up for a stand alone system... problem solved! car runs you dont have to mess with a AFM anymore and youll be a happy Z owner again... jsut dont give up so easy.... and thanks apollo for talking him out of it...
Old 07-16-2006, 04:35 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Originally Posted by Dorifto
I would trade my trusty right nut for your Zed sled.
Originally Posted by FubarI33T
don't be givin him idea's hell. Just got him to keep it.
Do you really think Dorifto's right nut (regardless of how trusty it is) is enough to get Darrell to trade?

Damn, I have to re-evaluate my opinion of Darrell...
Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Well I was able to help as much as the Z gods allowed today. I talked to Darrell and understand his frustrations. It looks to be just a ground. For now we need to get a new pilot bearing in there, pull the tranny and block and mate them outside the engine bay and throw them in together. We'll see though. Oh and you are not seeing things folks, those are all red tail lights. Yes thats right. One off red turn signals. Now for some pics

And this is one of lww's close personal ricer friends. He helped design that 50hp gaining hood . . .

Last edited by lww; 07-16-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Doesn't that tire and wheel combo just look beastly?! I have to say I really like the mudflap look too. Sick Darrell. Just sick. . .you have to see those wheels in person to truly appreciate the HUGE ****en lip they have. **** could swallow your foot whole with room to spare kinda lip . .
Old 07-16-2006, 08:49 PM

That ... is spectacularly beautiful.

Heh, yeah L-dub's right, my right nut isn't worth all that much.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Sorry guys, i guess the lww rice club pics didnt load. Here they are in all they're glory.

Darrell and i saw this civic on the way back from his place, loaded with 4 old white chicks. Just had to snap a few shots. . .

Old 07-17-2006, 07:26 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Now that's too funny. I'm not sure how old they were, given Apollo's frame of reference is slightly askew...

But they couldn't even afford to get the airdam painted to match the body color. They probably thought it was the style since all the ricers do it, but they didn't realize the only reason they do it is because they couldn't afford the paint after they bought the kit!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:05 PM

hey guys well i guess apollo's help might be just what i need. but we will see where things go from here. Yea as for those of you who know my car my konigs are gone and i have centerlines now. They are 15x7.5 and 15x9
Old 07-17-2006, 09:31 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by DarrellBuddy321
hey guys well i guess apollo's help might be just what i need. but we will see where things go from here. Yea as for those of you who know my car my konigs are gone and i have centerlines now. They are 15x7.5 and 15x9

Wahoo! The man is back.

Quick Reply: Adios dears friends for now