280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What CAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:12 PM

Exclamation What CAM

okay the one thing i would like to know is what kinda cam should you use for a supercharger, would a turbo cam be good for the boost even tho theirs not much, or a all motor cam to spin the supercharger faster? Help me out
Old 02-16-2009, 08:14 PM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Please enlighten us more on your setup. It's hard to tell you what cam to use if we don't know about the block, head, and ecu. Also, which s/c are you going to use? How many lbs of boost do you want?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 PM

Well i just recently picked up a L28E non turbo with a tranny for 50 bucks, Im gunna do all the porting and boring, im guessin a 88mm piston set and possibly trim up the crank replace all the bearings and what not, possibly just re seat the valves, i dont think im gunna change up the head and block cause it is original stuff, of course im gunna fabricate a intake manifold and then im gunna Buy an SDS EFI system that has had some good remarks and for the supercharger im considering buying a 350z vortec centrifugal supercharger kit and makin it work,
Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Big Poppa

for anything boosted, stick with the n/a cam to start, it akes good power band and is cheap and came with the motor!