280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Results!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:07 PM

The lancers here in the states are crap too. I kept up with one in my old Geo Prizm. Now the Evo's are another story altogether. I wouldn't mess with an evo in my Z, not NA anyways. Those things are pretty quick off the line when they're revved up real good and once they got you there those taillights just keep getting further away .
Old 07-09-2005, 06:44 PM
Doesn't post much...

Ok, now you know I'm totally against putting a chevy motor in a Z but... My buddy that has the shitty corvette Z06 also has a '77 280Z with a 383 stroker motor in it that pumps about 600HP. I watched a guy in a new EVO 8 try and take on Juan in his Z and it was quite hysterical. The guy in the EVO was only able to watch that Z disapear out in front of him in a flash of gnarly tire smoke and the sound of all hell breaking loose. In fact, he hasn't been beaten in that Z yet... by anything, and that includes a pretty respectable host of players.

Still, that EVO will crush a stock 280ZX like nobody's business. But, in 25 years, no one will even remember the EVO or give a **** about owning one. The Z will still be a classic and in demand with millions of fond memories attached to it's moniker.

Rod.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:30 PM

Word.

I'd have left it to a one word answer, but theres a minimum to post
Old 07-09-2005, 08:50 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Right on Rod you said it the best way you can. Long live the Z cars forever!!
Old 07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Yeah, those EVO's are full time 4 wheel drive too, so even if your Z has equal or better power, the EVO is probably going to get the jump on it unless you've got big meat on the back tires or go from a rolling start.

Regardless, there's no substitue for big power in a light weight package.

Your friends 280Z probably weighs 500 lbs less than that EVO and with that much torque and horse power, the Z is pretty unstoppable by anything short of a full blown race car.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:11 AM

Yeah I noticed these things far outperform what their hp & tq ratings suggest they should. And man can these cars handle too! I mean come on, whats the NA ZX rated at 145hp or something like that? I driven in cars with that much and more and didn't feel nearly as fast as my Z. Of course there's the fact that the power band in the Z is infinitely better than any 4cyl with equal numbers could ever have. The power starts alot earlier and takes you just as far. Plus there's the whole weight issue. Cars just keep getting heavier. Even when it looks like they're getting smaller, they don't seem to lose any weight. All the added safety features of modern auto's has put a burden on their weight issues. Well, then there's the Elise. Now that is a light weight car that doesn't need very much power to scoot
Old 07-15-2005, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
By the way, I am sure that a stock PT Turbo, vs a stock NA 280ZX would end in defeat for the ZX. So, Before everyone with a stock ZX thinks they're gonna go wipe out a PT turbo... don't be surprised if they hand you your *** instead.
Rod.
Wow dude, sounds like it was you in your PT cruiser I beat up on the other day. Oh nevermind, my mistake, the one I left in my dust was a PT Cruiser GT.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Doesn't post much...

Hey, I'm not trying to start an argument here... so there's no need to be a d*&k. I was only saying that if that guy in the GT wanted to "race" you, you wouldn't have had a very easy time of it. I never said the PT was a better car. I don't drive the frickin thing, my wife does. I'm guessing the guy you "beat up on" was probably either unaware of the fact you two were "racing", or just didn't give a s&%t, or... couldn't drive very well. Chill out on the attitude. Check the links below if you think I'm full of s*&t. The PT Turbo has a published 0-60 time fully 2 seconds quicker than a stock NA 280ZX. According to the stats published on the second link, it even beats the 280ZX turbo... These are both from independant sources with no bias toward Nissan or Chrysler. Bottom line: If you want to act like a d^&k... go stick your head in a hole somewhere. Don't get sh^%ty with me because I pointed out a fact you may not like.

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/wagon/112_0205_turbo/

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

Scroll down the second page until you get to "Nissan" While you're there, you can scan through all of the other cars cars that would smoke you. I love the Z as much as anybody, but I was never diluted into thinking it was a "Super Car" or that it was crazy fast. It's the most awsome car in the world to me because of its over-all character, not because of its blinding performance. It has the potential to be very, very fast. But, Stock... it gets bested by alot of "lesser" cars.

Rod.

P.S.

Did I mention that the PT Cruiser weighs 4200 lbs?

Last edited by RodMoyes; 07-15-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Wether you wanted to start an arguement or not is irrelevent. Your tone and language say it all. You dont get off easy telling everyone that someone else's post is a lie or they are on another planet. Got nothing nice to say? keep it to yourself. Now ease up on the attitude and language yourself or better yet, dont bother reading or replying to my posts. Simple as that! Next topic.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Doesn't post much...

Actually Znuclear... it's quite relevant. Wether YOU like it or not. My "attitude" was a direct response to your witless little quip. I was fine, and was only trying to add friendly debate to the thread. You made the first personal afront because you didn't want to hear about a PT Cruiser being quick. I would hate to get smoked by one myself, but numbers don't lie. I never called you a liar or said you were "from another planet". I just stated the fact that the car you "Left in your dust" was in fact, a quicker car than a stock 280ZX. You made a snide remark about it and got busted. DEAL WITH IT. Maybe, if you hadn't, my "Attitude" would be better. Why not just admit you were wrong, appologize, and stop making a big deal out of it (while making a jerk out of yourself) and I'll play nice and maybe even appologize for calling you out. Otherwise reffer back to the advice given in my last post. I'ver never had a problem with anyone here, and I'm not going to have one with you because you can't deal with truth or facts. Get over it and let's move on.

Rod.

Last edited by RodMoyes; 07-15-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:08 PM

I don't street race...too much risk. Last time I went to the track I raced a civic hatchback that all the kids were ooglin' over. I ran a 16.95, he ran a 17.28. He said he missed 3rd so I raced him again..... 16.9 to his 17.8.

The kid doesn't know when to go at the green light....poor baby. Got spanked by a stock "old school" in front of his friends...twice.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:00 PM

Hey Rod

Originally Posted by zNuclearBeast
dont bother reading or replying to my posts. Simple as that! Next topic.
I was hoping my earlier post would give you a clue. Obviously not! I know you will give it another read. This time, I posted only the last line to keep it short and sweet, most importantly , simple.

This website is known for its great atmosphere, that you can rarely find elsewhere. There is an abundance of mutual respect. Inappropriate attempts at humour are ignored, being a subtle enough hint for the originator. Someone steps out of line and its not unusual to see someone else step in to ease things up.

The way you run your mouth here someone else will be telling you the same thing as me soon enough. Its easy to stoop to your level for anyone and write up a testiment to your own lack of intelligence. I have no time for people like you so consider yourself previlaged that I even bothered to write these extra lines. Dont hold you breath for an apology, you might start to match your car's colour. Although thanks for making it a special occasion for me everytime I hunt me some more PT Cruiser GT's!
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 PM

Heres one:

I'm driving along with a lincoln town car behind me. He's too close so I speed up to about 85. He keeps pace. Now this lincoln is suped up (as weird as that may sound for a town car) because it had an aftermarket exhaust, a unique paint job, and who knows what else was stuffed into it. When I passed it, it sounded like no other town car. So anyway I think, "Hey he thinks he's got something", and floor it. He keeps up with me barely pulling away. I'm pulling 6250rpm and I'm slowly starting to inch away. Now if what everyone says is true, A turbo 280zx should top out at around 130 or so. Now I know this lincoln town car has a 4.6L V8 in it, but I didn't think it was anywhere near that fast.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Doesn't post much...

Wow, Some people really got bummed out by that NHL strike.

I guess it's a good thing MLB didn't strike this year or there'd be a bunch of American's getting their panties in a bunch over being called what they are.

I'm sorry to anyone who felt I was "running my mouth" like mr. Nuclear stated. I try to keep things light and friendly and offer my help to whomever may need it. As it turned out, I guess facts and truth have no place in a debate. Who woulda thunk it? I like 99% of the people who post here. I respect everyone's differing opinions. I look forward to each new thread and to maybe offering some assistance once in a while. Somebody goes sideways on me for nothing and I react to it... now I'm the bad guy. That is pretty low.

I thought ZNuclear was pretty cool until he took a personal shot at me, to which I responded appropriatly. If anyone thinks I'm out of line for pointing that out... well, I am sorry. I will not however back down and be ridiculed by someone who feels superior enough to start attacking my intelligence. Hey NUKE... you probably don't care, but I have a college degree, belong to MENSA, and own my own very lucrative business. I'm not bragging about it, but don't think you can call me stupid and get away with it. I have a great life, a great family, and money in the bank. Life is pretty good for me. I've owned Porsche's, BMW's and all kinds of fancy smancy car's... but I still love my 25 year old Z above all. I could own any car I want, so don't confuse me with a casual fan of the Z. You really need to go back and look at your own posts to see where the detour from freindly and polite was made. Now, I don't want a problem, I hope you can figure out that you were wrong in making this personal. If you can't... oh well. maybe after the Hockey players return to the ice next year, you'll be in good enough spirits to lighten up. My wife and kids still love me and think I'm pretty cool... so I don't really give flyin' frog what you think of me. Just be sure your opinion is based on fact rather than suspicion. So far, nobody else here has had a problem with me. Or, at least not enough of one to take cheap shots at me in public. I guess there are varying levels of adulthood. Lastly, Street racing isn't the place. Take your car to a track and be safe about it.

Rod.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:31 PM

Listen Rod

Enough of this. I gotta stop this here and now. You're gonna be around here and so am I. So rather then telling each other to go deal with it. Here is your opportunity to deal with it with me. I assure you that your ego is not bigger then mine.

I appreciate that you thought well of me before we got into this. Suffice it to know that I have agreed with you in most of your opinions of the past.

The point of my earlier successive posts was not that I was attacking your representation of facts and figures. Originaly I had simply made one statement based on humour, not sarcasm or a personal attack, hence the smiley at the end. If you felt it inappropriate then tell me just that. Dont call me a d!@k or give me obnoxious advice. Your further insistance that a 280ZX n/a just couldn't beat a PT cruiser GT was a bit disturbing at first, then it became an issue. I was there you were not. If you have seen my past posts then you know that I am not a rude person. I offer people utmost respect and courtesy to the best of my abilities. Maybe you are a great guy and maybe we got off on the wrong foot. I am notorious for taking blatant or subdued insults very personaly. It appears to me that so are you.

So I've placed the ball in your court. Lets act like adults about this. Who knows if we can be friends but just being civilized is a start.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:00 AM

Now, now....play nice you two.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:30 AM

Rod, ZNB, Your both great guys that love your Z's like your own family right? and you both look forward to driving your Z's every day right? I bet that both of you don't even mind when you have to spend 4 hours fixing your Z's before you can go out and drive. my piont is this... Common love for Z's. This site is not called PTdriver, or GMdriver, it's Zdriver! Everyone here shares the love of Z's no matter how perfect or beat up they're own car is, And just to add my two cents, if he beat the PT that time, then so be it. my favorite story is that I went neck and neck with a Dakota R/t 5.7 up to 80mph then I backed down, truth is he probably only had that throttle 3/4 to the floor. My piont is it's still bragging rights for that specific person, on that specific day, no one else has to believe it. I have a lot of respect for both of you, you both have been very helpfull to myself and many others on this site. join forces and be strong (again), or fight eachothor weak and get conquered by a third party.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Doesn't post much...

I have to agree with you ZNuclear. I did take it as something other than a harmless prod based in humour. And you are right. I too have the same tendancy as you to do just that. I want you to understand that I never doubted that you took out that PT. My point really, was to let others know that if they tried it, they were likely to lose based on published performance ratings for both cars. I never wanted to call your story into question. I think that is where we went sideways. I'm sure at some point, as Jug pointed out, we have all beaten another car that should have crushed us, and it's a damn good feeling when you do... so, for one, I hope you know I wasn't trying to strip that moment of glory from you. I am as it appears alot like you. I try to use humour and sarcasm and it doesn't always work out to be the right choice. Be aware that is was never supposed to be personal. I think my motivation was simply to try and save another member from the possible embarrasment of being rocked off the line by a car that they thought was gonna just roll over and take it. It was never intended to discount, or question the validity of your own personal race results. Sorry if that was how it seemed. Thanks for taking the time to clear this up. I hope we can be cool with each other from now on.

Rod.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:39 PM

So, any more race results? Preferably ones that don't involve a PT Cruiser, I'd rather that be the end of that. I agree with Juggalo's post, so lets get back to the topic at hand shall we. You guys kiss and make up or whatever it takes (you can do it through a PM you know) cause I don't think anyone has a problem with either one of you guys. So don't start it between you two. Atmosphere...remember? Numbers don't lie, but not everyone can or even wants to let loose on their car so for the sake of ending an argument the PT was beat for what ever reason as tested by Zdriver enthusiast (even if C&D puts it on top ). We're all Z fans, so it's not like we're trying to knock the Z here right? Call it a misunderstanding, nobody needs to apologize for that, and lets move on. Now, race results. I don't have any, but I'm sure someone else does.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM

who have i got one for today.. so im headin down kingwood drive and i come across a honda crx that looked like it was a lil more than just some ricer.. no exhaust bullshit or anything.. well he obviously had some mods cuz this thing sounded a bit mean for a CRX.. well me and him are cruisng down along about 40 and i creep up beside him and he starts to take off.. so i down shift to 2nd and i punch it an he looked like his car just stopped and went backward cuz my turbo just straight spooled and he was gone... and he started creepin up after i let off at around 60 mph and i could see him struggling as he was obviously topping his gear and about to shift and i am still in 2nd so he shifts and obviously thinks hes gonna take me now and right when he gets t me i punch it again and shift into 3rd and i just left him in the dust and he couldnt keep up and i got up to 80 before we had to stop and we come up to the light and its just me n him and he looks over at me frustratedx im sure.. and hes determined to try to take me so were revvin at the light and it turns green and we both peel out and he had a lil quicker acceleration but when i got to 2500 i just walked the dog on him and said byebye.. and i clearly left him in the dust.. haha he thought he was something.. psh.. nothing..
Old 07-16-2005, 11:10 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Congrats man, another Honda bites the dust! LOL Great job, they think they are big and bad, beacause they have a Honda, but they don't have squat. Most of the time, unless the driver of the Z, doesn't know how to race! Anyway right on hats off to you!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:31 PM

Don't slam Honda just cuz the Civic/CRX is the most over-used/over-abused car on the american market. Those little motors can put out some BIG numbers. Even naturally aspirated. They get those motors to run 10's NA! But I agree, almost all the ones you see on the street are just coldair intake, weed-eater exhaust rice burning SPOS. Anyone here try there luck against an S2K? I did, only cause my buddy HAD (I wont get into it ) one. He let me get him out of the hole (cause he didn't let off the clutch til I was a car length ahead of him) but man when that thing came up and by me with the engine at full scream(yes it screams) it sent a chill down my spine to think 220HP could move so fast. And I could never pull away from him going through DeLuz(mountain pass where I used to live). And you just felt cool sitting in that thing, the seats are awesome. Sure the NSX says Acura, but we all know it's a Honda. And thinking you can take one of those is about as sane as thinking Michael wont do it again . But WildmaN I get your point.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 07-17-2005 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:33 PM

Disclaimer: I am in no way a fan of the Civic. Not because it's a bad car. Just because everyone and their grandmother has one and thinks they are a race car driver because of this fact. Especially when they put on an intake and slap on muffler and claim to have gained 50HP. (or maybe it was all the stickers that give em the HP )
Old 07-17-2005, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I hope we can be cool with each other from now on.

Rod.
Rod, I'm glad we could put this behind us. We're totaly cool, dude.
...and j PM is a good call but I wanted everyone to know that despite how bad things seem the zBrother bond prevails strong.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
they think they are big and bad, beacause they have a Honda, but they don't have squat.
We got squat, i.e, Rear end squat!

Quick Reply: Race Results!