280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fighting since feb.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:56 PM

fighting since feb.

So I've had this cold start problem, Its weird when I start it it sounds good no missfire, then 5 seconds later it sputters and feels lazy. Missfire like a madman. Then feels normal after warmup. Now its idling bad and back firing. I've checked for fuel leaks and coolant leaks in the cylinder, no air leaks, checked the thermal time switch, checked cold start valve, air regulator, mass air flow. I work at nissan as a lube tech, my master tech has no idea, and he's a smart cookie. Please help. Thanks z fellas.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:50 PM

Also rebuilt dizzy, new wires, cap and rotor. Timing is at 8º
Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 AM

Hello, I have the same exact problem, i dont know what is going on.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:52 AM

Yea man I'm hitting the junkyard for extra parts. Ill see if anything changes for ***** and giggles.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:10 PM

Firgured it out!!!! Yes!!!! So it died after messing with it out of nowhere. Similar to disconnecting the air flow meter. So I felt to see harness was connected and it started idling perfectly. So I messed with the harness and noticed that was the problem. Should I just get a new harness or tear it apart?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:48 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by aruiz714
Should I just get a new harness or tear it apart?
Well start with inspecting your current harness / plug. They are notorious for corrosion and loose connections. Also inspect the wiring. If the plug is toast, you can chop it and solder in a new one. FricFrac sells harness repair kits.