280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECM panic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:39 PM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
ECM panic!

I was just wundering how many of you guys knew that there was actually a problem with the ecms from the 280zx's frome like 79-80? I was talking to a guy who worked for nissan for years, and now owns a z restoration shop in houston called amazing z's, and he told me that quit a few came with faulty ecm's.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 PM
The Good Twin

Hum... Nissan had very few recalls on the 280zx's. I've never heard about faulty L28 ecu's. Does he have more info?
Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 PM

primitive yes...but durable and reliable was one thing these ECUs definitely were. i'd also be interested in what exactly he was referring to. Wasn't much to go wrong with them.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:40 PM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
yea I just missunderstood what he was saying. he was refering to my afm being faulty, then he told me that it could be somthing with my ecu, but he used a technicle term like part of the system in the ecu. he did not say the ecm was a known faulty piec. my bad sory guys.