280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:04 PM

car clubs

Is there any 280 zx club cars in the Corpus Christi,Texas area? any info will help
Old 09-06-2006, 01:12 PM
The Good Twin

http://www.zcluboftexas.org/

http://zclubofhouston.com/

Those two might help
Old 09-06-2006, 01:15 PM

i live in clovis new mexico 88101 about 100 miles from lubbock texas... 150 miles or so from amarillo..texas...join the texas z car club.. ive heard good things from them.. i plan on moving to San Antionio Texas..next year.. me my wife and our 6 z cars.. OMG !
Old 09-07-2006, 06:31 PM
User Friendly

I'm not sure where Corpus Christie is, but here's the Texas Z Clubs registered with the ZCCA: http://www.zcca.org/club_finder/club...america/tx.htm
Old 09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by nismo619
i live in clovis new mexico 88101 about 100 miles from lubbock texas... 150 miles or so from amarillo..texas...join the texas z car club.. ive heard good things from them.. i plan on moving to San Antionio Texas..next year.. me my wife and our 6 z cars.. OMG !
dude..... wife? i htought she was you gf like a month ago. and i also thought you got rid of some Z's. what happened?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:16 PM

"crickets chiping"
Old 09-07-2006, 07:40 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i also thought you got rid of some Z's. what happened?
He ate them, but then they came back the next morning...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

0.0!!! Where in corpus are you, i live in Kingsville and, other than my handicapped boyfriend, no one wants to talk cars with me or help or anything. All everyone here will do is stare at my car, and when i start talking about my Z they don't listen (maybe because i'm a girl??), and i've tried running down other Z owners....I probably creeped them out thinking what is this crazy woman doing following me?....anyhoo this is getting long....if there isn't a club in corpus i'd be more than happy to meet up with you and we can try finding others to make one. I know of two other drivers here in k-ville, i just need to build up the courage to try and talk to them hoping they'll actually take me seriously. ~Anne~
Old 09-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Über User

you have the courage to try and run people down, but not to walk up to where you know people and talk to them....you are crazy. lol.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:47 AM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Well I guess it's more like drive up next to them than run them down. I don't know them, i just see their Z's in the front of their houses as i drive to work. ~Anne~
Old 09-08-2006, 12:46 PM

Yeah its a little different when you see someone pumping gas in their Z as opposed to ringing someones doorbell cause they have one parked in their driveway I'd feel a little funny at first if someone knocked on my door to talk about the car I had out in the driveway. Maybe even a little suspicious. Of course its fair game if I'm outside working on it or driving around in it
Old 09-08-2006, 04:28 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Anyhoo, i don't think there are any here, but i could be wrong. I've heard there is one in san ann, though i don't think you'd want to drive 150 miles to get there. Dallas/ Ft. Worth are an 8 hour drive from corpus, austin is a 3-4 hour drive, and houston is 5....and amarillo, well you'd be better off finding a club in louisiana or new mexico. I think someone really needs to start one over here, or at least fold texas in half to make it a little easier for some of us.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
"crickets chiping"

HAHAHAHAHA! I knew i wasnt the only one that does that or should i say uses that analogy
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Anyone going to the BayZA BBQ tomorrow?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:54 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

BayZA BBQ?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by lww
Anyone going to the BayZA BBQ tomorrow?
you know I was thinking about it but then the reality of the 1500mile each way drive set in and I figured I better pass on this one and save that steam for MSA
Old 09-08-2006, 11:13 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Come on J! Don't you have any sense of adventure left in you?! You WUSS!!
Old 09-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Über User

ok. sorry for my mis-informed ness. and i probly look totally stupid for asking this. besides i know msa is a huge Z meet. where and when is it every year? and is it more of an early Z car thing, or of all ages?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
ok. sorry for my mis-informed ness. and i probly look totally stupid for asking this. besides i know msa is a huge Z meet. where and when is it every year? and is it more of an early Z car thing, or of all ages?
Damn Rookies!

Last weekend in April, Anaheim (Orange County) California. It's about 5 miles from Disneyland and in the shadow of Angels Stadium and the Duck Pond (Where the Mighty Ducks play).

Rod.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:40 AM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Ouch, i think half that trip is just leaving my state, oh well....I guess i need to start saving my pennies before april....unless there really is a Z club in Corpus to go with.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Über User

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Damn Rookies!

Last weekend in April, Anaheim (Orange County) California. It's about 5 miles from Disneyland and in the shadow of Angels Stadium and the Duck Pond (Where the Mighty Ducks play).

Rod.
ahhh..im not worthy.....
haha thanks. i always wanted to go to cali. mabye that would be a good time to visit it.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by lww
Come on J! Don't you have any sense of adventure left in you?! You WUSS!!
saving my pennies for getting my Z in good repair and for the voyage to MSA '07. Damnit I'm not missing it again this year

Between my schedule and the seller thats kind enough to bring it out here for me its going to be the first weekend in Oct before that thing is sitting at my door. Sucks to have to wait that long but atleast I have the reassurance that I have a Z again. Even if I dont actually have it yet. And since I dont have a garage and the winters out here are pretty rough I'll be spending all that time saving. Whatever doesnt go toward christmas will go toward the Z and the trip out west.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:03 PM

I know I would like to go to the MSA meet next year but I really want to go so I can drive my gold ZX through Compton before I head down to the LBC in my quest to see how many bullets I can outrun........I could set trip in South Central fo sho........unless the MSA meet is in a better area than the infamous urban war areas of So Cal I will keep my Z right here........the only holes in my Z I am willing to put up with is the rust holes....for now anyway.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:09 PM

MSA isn't near any of those places. And coming from where you are you wouldn't go through them either. Not that your car would get shot up driving through Long Beach or Compton anyways (just dont leave it unlocked )
Old 09-10-2006, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by GypZ_Rose
Ouch, i think half that trip is just leaving my state, oh well....I guess i need to start saving my pennies before april....unless there really is a Z club in Corpus to go with.
Maybe the Texas club has remote area representatives or similar? Our club covers an area bigger than Texas so we have several official club reps who look after business in areas a long way away from 'head office'. If the Texas club does not you could volunteer, have the clubs backing to organise whatever events you want near where you live, meet other local members..........

Quick Reply: car clubs