280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpstick

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 PM

Bumpstick

I want to put a new cam in my zx and I would like to know if i have to replace the rockers and the lash caps in order to keep from destrtoying the cam or not. Is it best to just bite the bullet and buy the complete kit from MSA or what?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:51 PM
The Good Twin

to do it correctly... you should replace the rockers. The stock rockers & cam wear over time & create little grooves & paterns. Ya stick a freshly ground cam in & it could damage the cam / rockers. Also larger lift cams need different valve spring rates. That's why msa says they void the warrantee if u don't buy the whole kit.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:00 PM

Cool you guys on this site are awesome and have helped me so much since I bought my car. I hope to get my garage and life in order soon so I can do a cam and header and intake improvements. I just got beat off the line by a mercedes e320 sedan and he wasnt even squakin the tires. It was a pretty sad sight.