280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension and steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 06:04 AM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
suspension and steering

Hey rod
I just finished a 3 weeck traning cours in under car that toght me all about what you were saying of my align ment and stuff. I learned a lot, in fact now I know how to properly align a car, and diagnose pulls. They told me how toe isn't a pull factor, it is really a tire wear angle. the car will pull to the side with the most positive camber, wich means the top of the tire is leaning outward. The excessive camber, also wears the ball joints out, and the more worn out the suspension gets the more negative the camber gose.
The caster is forward, or backward tilt of the steering axis. wich means the ball joints are not lined up. the car will pull to most negative side, wich means the uper ball joint would be tiltes forward, or the steering axis is tilted forward for those cars with only lower controll arms.
when you went off on me for some reason that one time I understand now, I have learned so much more than what I have just tyeped, but my point is that now I know what its about, and how angry it could make a guy like you who has been doing it for years, when somone dose not know what they are talking about when they coment on somthing as simple as rotors.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Teachers Pet!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:08 AM

^ If the teacher was hot, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with that title. I know if a hot female taught an auto class, I'd take it simply for the girl. The automotive knowledge is a plus.

And damn, I didn't know how little I knew about suspension until I read that post. Good job!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Originally Posted by Dorifto
^ If the teacher was hot, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem with that title. I know if a hot female taught an auto class, I'd take it simply for the girl. The automotive knowledge is a plus.

And damn, I didn't know how little I knew about suspension until I read that post. Good job!
Yeah, but, He's kissin' up to Rod!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Doesn't post much...

Cut him some slack... Knowledge is power.

I'm glad you had a chance to learn all about how this stuff works man. Also glad you see how frustrating it can be trying to explain it all to someone who has pre-conceived notions about it before hand that are not really accurate. I'm sure you were amazed at just how many misconceptions there are regarding alignment, tire wear and pull scenarios. Now that you know, you are obligated to help others understand it as you do. Good work man.

Rod.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:15 PM

^ What he said.

Not bagging on what anyone knows or doesn't know, I'm just saying I honestly learned something from that post.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:20 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Hey listen, I'm not baggin' on him for gettin' edumacated, but that post was just a little too much public love for my puritan taste...

Can't someone have a little fun...
Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 PM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
Well as rod and manny others here know there is more to it than what I posted, but that is prety much the basics for starters.

honestly I wasn't sucking up man, I know that you have to give credit were it is do, and I never did that duty to Rod.

Can some one post the dates, and some pics of rack and pinion systems on the zx, I need to show an instructor. as manny people that can get involved as posible would be cool.