280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Z8 driver

New Headlights

I have some new headlights from ebay, but I was wondering if anyone had tried these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsu...02123597QQrdZ1

they look cool, but is it junk?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:27 PM

A guy on cardomain.com has those on his ZX. They turned out to look pretty good. I can't remember his name though.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:52 PM
The Good Twin

I think they were trying to imitate BMW's angel eyes... but in my opinion, just looks nice & ricey.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Z8 driver

Drew, yeah I remember seeing that guy a while back.. I can't remember who it was.. I think he had some special ones, maybe a conversion or homeade...
Old 09-21-2005, 03:15 PM
Doesn't post much...

OK, So you have a Japanese car, with an American V8 and now you want to put Ricky Racer headlights on it. I think we'll name your car "Uncle Ben's Mild Rice" (replaced Wild with Mild due to the fact that you haven't put an aircraft wing over the rear deck yet... or have you?)

Rod.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:20 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Get quality glass. A good lens will make an incredible difference over a cheap one.
I've seen a good quality non-H4 light outperform a cheap H4 by hundreds of yards of visibility.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/p.../products.html
Old 09-21-2005, 08:49 PM

Well I don't know how well they light the road but they sure do look cool. Of course the odds that they're anyworse than the stockers is pretty slim. Gotta be careful with those super whites though. Some brands make the asphault really hard to see because it makes everything look white.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:53 PM

Oh and lww, you're really starting to creap me out with this link stuff. Seriously, whats the deal? Don't get me wrong, you're probably the most helpful person here with all the links you've got, but how? Tell me before my head explodes You've got a link for everything and it's never jsut MSA this or VB that, it's actually something worht while.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:59 PM
The Good Twin

it's called RESEARCH and GOOGLE
Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 PM

Nah, he just knows some people that know some people that rob some people.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:07 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Dorifto
Nah, he just knows some people that know some people that rob some people.
That's a deffinate "Snoop D Oh Double G" quote there!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
it's called RESEARCH and GOOGLE
Yeah, but for EVERYTHING. Seriously. If you read through the threads. almost everyone that lww has responded to has a link to something. That's a lot of links.
I mean how many people keep a headlight link in their inventory? Not many, I have one now though . EVERYTHING I tell you, EVERYTHING. Maybe it's just cause he REALLY does run the internet
Old 09-22-2005, 11:50 AM
From NY to AZ

hmm those look pretty nice, i might have to get a set to use for the projector swap, i'm still drivinging around with one messed up projector swapped headlight and one stock headlight...

i just gotta pay off my damn credit card first
Old 09-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Doesn't post much...

I still can't beleive Jabo didn't flame me on the "Uncle Ben's Mild Rice" thing...

Truth be told, I kinda like the way those headlights look. I just don't know if I could bring myself to put them on the Z. Maybe some red ones would look cool, but red lights at the front of the car can lead to people on the road getting the wrong impression as to which way your car is facing... some dilema.

Rod.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I still can't beleive Jabo didn't flame me on the "Uncle Ben's Mild Rice" thing...
Made me laugh quite a bit. As for the light, DON'T go with cheap H4's. I did because I got the smoked lenses, and seriously, I'm going to go back to the Halogen's, cause I think they'll shine through the lenses better...
Old 09-28-2005, 08:45 PM
From NY to AZ

so i just ordered a set, we'll see how they look

it's nice to have my cards paid off finally, a little money goes a long way with the Z
Old 09-28-2005, 11:00 PM
NisTuner

I was curious about getting some new headlights for my Z. I'm thinking about getting the covers eventually, but I was curious about the H4 bulb and lenses. I see all these auctions for the diamont cut headlights with the H4 bulbs. Are these cheap or are they something I'd actually want to purchase? How do I know if the H4's are cheap or not? How much should the H4 conversion cost me?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Externally Wastegated

Well, I've used two sets of lights so far. One set of h4 was from Autopal and they worked pretty well. Then my light met a rock from a dump truck on the freeway and cracked... I needed a light bad so I bought a set off of ebay, one of those diamond cut light ones, or whatever they advertise it as now.
Light output isn't that great. I could barely see the road in front of me. The light was being dispersed way too broadly, it was like someone was just holding a candle in front of my bumper! My remedy was to buy some driving lights from Hella. Those things shine down the road like a set of headlights and made night driving much easier. I highly recommend them to anyone running with dim lights or covers. The driving lights I got were Hella Micro FF series 50. They cost about 60 bucks, but they are worth every dollar. Eventually I plan to buy an HID retrofit kit from Sylvania and be done with my night driving woes. Hella makes some decent H4 lights too btw, I'd go with them or Autopal.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 AM
From NY to AZ

where did you mount the driving lights?

i'm going to retro projectors with HIDs into these headlights so i'm not too worried about the light output

Old 09-29-2005, 08:56 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by 007max
i'm going to retro projectors with HIDs into these headlights so i'm not too worried about the light output
yes, didn't you already get this done? well, the projector part. You did a good job. I want a set like you have.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by RodMoyes

Truth be told, I kinda like the way those headlights look. I just don't know if I could bring myself to put them on the Z. Maybe some red ones would look cool, but red lights at the front of the car can lead to people on the road getting the wrong impression as to which way your car is facing... some dilema.

Rod.
HA! That's because I just now read your post!

Just wait til tommorow when I think of something cheesy/catchy to come back at you with.....
Old 09-29-2005, 11:29 AM
Doesn't post much...

Cheesy and Catchy is my specialty

Rod.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:47 PM
From NY to AZ

Originally Posted by Bleach
yes, didn't you already get this done? well, the projector part. You did a good job. I want a set like you have.
yeah i did, but i broke one of the headlights while working on it, and the lens on the other one got owned by a rock on the hwy. i've got some headlight covers on the car now so hopefully these new ones will last a little longer
Old 10-26-2005, 01:56 AM
From NY to AZ

gotta figure out what bulb i need to get to get them to light up like that

Old 10-26-2005, 06:37 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by 007max
gotta figure out what bulb i need to get to get them to light up like that
might want to look at this thread then...

https://www.zdriver.com/forum/showth...ighlight=angel

Quick Reply: New Headlights