240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

i quit. time to sell.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:17 PM
Über User

i quit. time to sell.

well, i need a starter cause teh one im using doesnt have enough torque to spin the motor when its trying to fire. inturn it slows down the starter to a simple put speed and starts to heat up the power wires/fuseable link on the firewall next to the battery. and yeah, my AFM was upside down and the CHTS was unplugged all this time so i think i got rid of the problem of it running rich, but im **** broke, its cold out, i only have till may until i get my daily driver taken away, my **** head father is bitching at me kicked me out of the garage and then expects me to work on the car with out tools short light hours and in 35 degree weather, we fight now, and im ready to ****in kill myself all over a god damn car that im pretty damn sure i finally fixed but i dont know for sure casue i need a damn starter to start it. so i ****in quit. im sellin the car. its in great shape will need some paint, has strengthened frame, full turbo conversion done (might need some tuning to hold idle better aka timing and afm at teh most) drove it though already drives great sounds great, doesnt leak full redone undercarriage with strengthened frame clean enough to eat off of, and yeah, i want to sell, any one interested holler i guess, i wont settle for less than 1700 which covers only most of the money i put into it... the body with out a motor is worth probably near 1500 just for the condition its in. and yeah im taing a huge blow in every way possible already selling this thing i just want to try and get back most of my money. i might throw it up on ebay to.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Über User

i also might take it to this guy i know have it done professionally and sell, but for right now its on a 7 day trial run on many Z forums and here http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/car/308398631.html
so i will see what happens, no commitment yet.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:27 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i will give you no fewer than 72 US dollars for the car.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Über User

lol, the car has been on craigslist for 3 hours, already got 2 people interested, i may just let her go for the right amount of $$$ even though i feel like **** about it. but sometimes sacrafices must be made for sanity, then im just gonna get me a pristine DSM and fawk it.... ill get another S30 out of college and do a better swap.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

if you sell your z for a DSM, i am required by law to ban you from this site for an indefinate ammount of time.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Über User

ic.... maybe ill go back to Z32 world, amazingly, they are more reliable than any other Z ive owned... but than again, thats kinda biased lol. but yeah... im pretty poor, so i want to spend little money on a car i can enjoy cause i still want a R6... otherwise i would get a Z32 again... plus selling another Z for yet ANOTHER Z.... i think i'd get castrated... i really wanted to fix up the S30 and enjoy it on the way to its greatness and then sell it for a TTZ32 and bike so i could be truly happy, but that wont happen in this house, plus it has to stay outside now, and i dont have it in my heart to keep a S30 outside, IL weather and S30 chassis are just not a good mix. makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:04 PM
NisTuner

Man I love figuring out these L28ETs. I just went through the same thing with mine, and finally got every running issue figured out and straightened around. All it needs now is the exhaust manifold leak taken care of and it's perfect, but I decided to go after an S30Z and come back to the L28ET later on. It's just more of an eyesore that still needs work to get it running correctly, then it needs a muffler and other parts of the exhaust to pass e-check, and some body work, then finally paint. I'd rather cut my losses and put it into something that starts me out better.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Big Poppa

snow it just needs the battery charged. are you just guessing at the starter. if the battery is low, it will produce the same symptoms. and by the sounds of it, youve been cranking for a while. sell it to me 1700 with shipping.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:05 PM
ダットサンマニアック

Dude, are you super serial about selling your car? Stick with it, sure it might be a bitch but think how pimp ill be once its finished. ****, I havent driven my Z's in about 3 yrs now...still, I wont give up.

Allen

Last edited by ASA240z; 04-09-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Über User

its the starteer, the original one fried for no reason so i had to use teh orginal 260Z which creates less torque (you can tell the ZX is gear reduction for more torque teh 260 starter isnt) and yeah, the battery is full charged cause i had it on charge and on start (the charger option) and it still does it.... the starter just isnt strong enough, you try to crank it it cranks good until air fuel and spark meet tehn it just puts trying to crank, starts to heat up the harness and fries the fusible link. i need to buy a starter and then ontop of that hope it is running good on parts that werent even mine so i dont know if the AFM is bad or not. i also need to make a custom intake setup cuase the damn AFM doesnt even fit with the stock intake piping , so thats more money i have to spend, and with only 11 dollars in my bank and 34 dollars in my pocket, the car is going to be sitting for a while. now if this happened i was planning on just going standalone and screw all this ancient Z technology and upgrade. but, like i stated, this car for no apparent reason is tearing the house hold appart, my dad fights me, my mom is now turning sides and supporting him so i got nothing, i cant get the car back into the garage and im not letting this car sit outside its in WAY to good of shape to start rusting now. if i can get some one to buy it for money that will make happy (covers my losses and has a lil extra to make me smile) then ill sell it. if not, i guess the car chills till i can afford a starter and start ballsin with it again and making myself crazy, but by that time at least teh weather will have turned nice and ill be outside so i might as well pick up smoking again....

also, you dont know when your back at the top without knowing what its like at the bottom, so i might as well just sell make myself depressed for a few days go on a drinking binge for 2 more days meet a nice girl buy a car i can enjoy that doensnt need any extravagent turbo swaps (already turbo) and a motorcycle and just get on with life again, Z or not, and ****, i can always just steal my dads Z, or put him in jail.... or the other....
Old 04-09-2007, 01:54 AM

Sorry to hear, but a bike would definitely be nice to have (except the weather seems pretty bad in Chicago). I'm moving back to the states in a few months (wow, finally 1 year is up..) and still interested in picking up a Z. On the other hand, I was considering taking the MSF and picking up a bike instead.

Daniel
Old 04-09-2007, 07:26 AM
The Good Twin

Jeez SNW... hang in thur lil tyke! Jou can doo eet!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Usedta be Justin260z

Yeah, I busted my *** searching for parts for that car, I'll be damned if you're quitting now
Old 04-09-2007, 07:36 AM
caught the z fever

you sound like me a year ago.

im sure you have something you can sell off to pay for a new starter. stick with it a little longer
Old 04-09-2007, 08:09 AM
Political n00b crusher

Hey snw, I agree with the others, you need to stick to it. But however, if you do decide to sell, and Shady doesn't buy it, I might be interested...
Old 04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Über User

ugh, well, huge fight at 7 am between ma and pa, now every one is trying to be cool with me again, dad apparently ordered a timing light, i get paid friday, so im gonna get those parts from justin, and then re-do the dizzy/oil shaft the RIGHT way so i can time it RIGHT re-do my intake cause the AFM doesnt fit and get a good starter. and try to get teh car running how it should. enjoy it a few weeks in the summer, and THEN ill sell it so i can feel complete and not like i bailed on a project plus ill make lots of money on a turbo swapped 260 in IL with the condition it is in.

sooo all in all car is temporarily off teh market unless the 2 guys that contacted me will pay the 3000 asking price or more, cuase then im making 1500 from what i originally spent and get a load off my mind. so sounds fair.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Big Poppa

ah crap, you said 1700 a few posts back, how is a guy soppsed to make money bringing it to canada, and selling it to a buddy!! i can get 5 to 7 up here for that car.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Über User

5-7 for a car that wont hold idl and needs a starter? lol, i am fixing it, it will be worth it in the long run, i got some jazzed up timing so im redoing the Dizzy and oil pump shaft so its done the RIGHT way... and then a new starter and im gonna re try it then time it.... also gotta make a custom intake to squeeze the AFM under the hood.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Taste My Rainbow

here in vegas there is a 90tt for sale for 4800. So just so you know.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
snowy--ya gotta finish whatcha starts, buddy----------most important thing to do with ADD--FINISH yer projects.... .....iffnya dont--i will come out and take it offn yer paws for a good 500$.. ................
Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Über User

500... lol that makes me laugh, without a motor in it its worth more than 500 lol. and skittle, 4800 for a TT???? that dont sound right, you should go check it out, test drive it, take pics let us know why so cheap.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM

Dude stick with it. The only thing you will feel is regret for giving up such a nice car. It also will make all that work you put into it worth nothing. So keep it, try and find a way to talk to your dad (I was in a similar situation a few months ago) and try to work you way back into that garage. Even if you need to make a different sacrifice here or there. You have nowhere to go up up from this point, if you sell things will just fall down.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 AM
The Evil Twin

I need to make a business out of exporting old turbo Z's to Canada
Old 04-10-2007, 11:10 AM

Hmm...sounds like an idea Bleach...

But remember that the Canadian Dollar is worth just a little less than the US, but with those margins aside, still a great profit.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey snow buddy, man, don't give up. I have been in your state of mind, wanting to throw in the towel. Believe me you will regret it if you do. I know I am glad, I didn't, and I had a lot of support on here. Telling me to push onward. Just wait until I start doing my Turbo swap in my '82. That is going to be quite a headache I know. And as soon as I start, I am not giving up, no matter what. I will be determined to finish and restore one car in my life. I want my Bluestreak vision to be a reality. It has not happened yet. But I assure you it will, and within a year or less. And there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here. That will guide me when I am ready. You all know who you are.

Point meaning, do what you need to do, to keep the Z. And the peace in the family. Family is important also, but you have put in, and done so much to this Z to quit now. Keep the faith little brother, and you will succeed, and prosper, and be glad you stuck with it.

Quick Reply: i quit. time to sell.