240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

?>?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 PM

?>?

i just bought my first 240z about a month ago and i have a feww Q's... the suspension is pretty bad and the struts need to be replaced. does anyone have any suggestions of where to get them for as cheap as possible? i dont need any racing or even sports shocks i just dont wanna feel like im on a seesaw when im driving down the road lol... also every day i come out to my car(its my DD right now) there is a very strong smell i can not tell if it is just gas or a mix of gas and something else but i is really bad and i have no idea where to be checking to see what i need to replace/repair... it also smells a lot like gas outside of the car as well... and last how easy(and how do you do it) is it to take off and put back on the chrome trim above the driver/pass side windows/doors? cause there is some rust under them and im still saving for a paint job but for now i just wanna sand and seal it. thanks in advance
Old 11-23-2007, 12:10 AM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver! Feel free to search as your questions can be answered here.

Fumes resolved: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...ighlight=fumes

Suspension work:
https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-s30-forums-9/rear-subframe-overhaul-also-s130-since-similare-24273/

and to find Z parts:

www.thezstore.com

www.blackdragonauto.com

www.courtesyparts.com
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Über User

hey here's a suspension related question, and im gonna hijack for this one and only post. there was a site that sold springs for the S30 that let you choose what stiffness you wanted all the way up to like 250psi or some crap like that, but i was searching all day and cant find them any more... any ideas? i thought it was the Zstore but no luck...

also, your choice of springs (usually eibach or tokico) and tokico illuminus for struts. the kyb's say they arent for lowered cars and teh HP's are like 150 per strut!