240Z, 260Z, 280Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.

Turbo AND Triple Carbs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 AM

Turbo AND Triple Carbs?

This might sound like a dumb question, but I was just wondering if its possible/logical to put in a turbo AND triple carbs on my '73 240z?

Last edited by rjsang; 08-11-2012 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:33 AM

In Addition: I was wondering from expert/experienced opinion, which upgrades should I get first? I want to do this in the right order so I don't regret getting one upgrade before/after another.

Also, I was wondering of what you guys think about the brands/packages that I'm thinking of getting and suggest any brands/packages that you know of that are good. I want the car to still be street legal (California), but be able to bring it to the track every now and then for some cornering fun!

- Suspension and Brakes: Arizona Z Car (Track-Pak)

- Triple Carburetors: Weber

- New Steering Column

- new paint and body alignment (body is not that bad, just misaligned in a few spots...)

- LSD upgrade

- wheels and tires

- sway bars

Last edited by rjsang; 08-11-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 AM
The Good Twin

Welcome to ZDriver!

Originally Posted by rjsang
This might sound like a dumb question, but I was just wondering if its possible/logical to put in a turbo AND triple carbs on my '73 240z?
Anything is possible with enough $$$.
Click: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/fs-24...500-obo-30566/

which upgrades should I get first? I want to do this in the right order so I don't regret getting one upgrade before/after another.
It really depends on how much your budget is, and where you want to start. For the track, stopping is my #1 priority... after you can stop on a dime, then you can go faster.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Welcome to ZDriver!

Anything is possible with enough $$$.
Click: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/fs-24...500-obo-30566/

It really depends on how much your budget is, and where you want to start. For the track, stopping is my #1 priority... after you can stop on a dime, then you can go faster.
Well, I'm slowly earning and saving enough money to buy all the above, I just want to allocate my money in the most logical way possible. Would it make sense to get the brakes and suspension done before the other things I listed?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:55 PM

What do you guys think?

I was looking around for some suspension upgrades for my '73 240z, and I came across Techno Toy Tuning. I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them, if they are good quality, reliable, the works.. Tell me what you guys think!

Originally, I was looking at Arizona Z Car's Ultimate "Track-Pak." Now I know that the Track-Pak is more complete, but its really expensive. Although I would have barely enough for the kit, I was thinking that if I got the Techno Toy Tuning set up, I could save a few bucks for some other things.

What are your guys' thoughts? Should I get the suspension upgrades form Techno, and get some cheaper rotors and brakes? Or should I just dive into the Arizona Z Car's Track-Pak w/ the wilwoods and all? Would it be worth it just going all out, or is there a cheaper, just as good compromise with Techno Toy? Suggestions? I'm debating really hard about it and I'd like some ideas before I make my final decision! Thanks!

Techno Toy Tuning:
https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z

ArizonaZCar:
http://www.arizonazcar.com/TRACK-PAK.html
Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 PM
The Good Twin

I wanted to know if anyone knew anything about them, if they are good quality, reliable, the works.. Tell me what you guys think!
Yup...

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx...ol-arms-35855/

I'll be using T3 tension rods, so this should complement them quite well.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:25 AM

Yup...
Nice! I'm doing my own research, but what would you recommend to compliment T3's suspension set up in terms of rotors and brakes?
Old 08-17-2012, 07:21 AM
The Good Twin

Merged with your previous upgrade thread...

If you are looking for a cheaper brake upgrade, Toyota S12's:

Help! What brake options are available for S30 Z cars? - HybridZ

S30 Toyota Brake Upgrades | Driven Daily

240-280z S12 Front brake upgrade using AM vented rotor made for stock calipers?

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx...alipers-31236/
Old 08-18-2012, 02:09 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, and it seems pretty legit, but I was going for any suggestions for a cheaper alternative in terms of manufacturer or brand. Though, the s12 swap does seem pretty cool, I don't think I would have any resources to obtain the calipers. I honestly wouldn't mind buying a new brake setup, its just that I'm looking for something cheaper (as oppose to the top brands like Wilwood or brembo, etc.).
Old 08-18-2012, 06:23 AM
The Good Twin

Welp... let me know when you find a "cheap" S30 mass produced brake setup...
Old 08-18-2012, 12:18 PM

Welp... let me know when you find a "cheap" S30 mass produced brake setup...
I apologize if I had offended you in any way, but I'm really new to all of this. I wasn't aware that there isn't one. I was just wondering if I could get some help from someone who could have pointed me into the direction I was looking for. I'm sorry.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:21 PM
The Good Twin

I'm not offended in the slightest.

You asked for a cheap brake upgrade solution and I told you. Professional brake kits aren't cheap for many reasons, but mainly because the parts aren't cheap, and there are many man hours that have gone into designing them. There's more science to brakes than "just stopping".
Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 PM

Perhaps if I rephrase my question in putting relatively "cheap"? Haha..
Old 08-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Ruff Ryder

If you can't afford even the s12 swap you might as well not mod the car at all and just drive it.

Building a car with mostly the cheapest parts you can find will net you a cheap car that will have the performance to go with those cheap parts. Unless you plan on waiting many many years to stack up parts, it's just not worth it to build a car on the cheap unless you have the resources or knowledge to do it yourself.

The simple truth is, cars cost ALOT of money, even more when you are trying to mod your 40 year old car. your best bet is to go and learn about cars, engines, physics ad fluid dynamics.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
If you can't afford even the s12 swap you might as well not mod the car at all and just drive it.

Building a car with mostly the cheapest parts you can find will net you a cheap car that will have the performance to go with those cheap parts. Unless you plan on waiting many many years to stack up parts, it's just not worth it to build a car on the cheap unless you have the resources or knowledge to do it yourself.

The simple truth is, cars cost ALOT of money, even more when you are trying to mod your 40 year old car. your best bet is to go and learn about cars, engines, physics ad fluid dynamics.
Well, its not like I can't afford the s12 swap, I'd just rather prefer aftermarket performance parts. I was just wondering what suggestions you guys had as oppose to the top brand names... I'm not a professional on cars but we could all use some help sometimes can't we?
Old 08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
The Good Twin

relatively "cheap"?
How about putting a dollar value to your "relatively cheap" brake budget? Otherwise we don't know if you have $20 or $2000 to spend...
Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 PM

How about putting a dollar value to your "relatively cheap" brake budget? Otherwise we don't know if you have $20 or $2000 to spend...
I was thinking up to $3000 range... Again, I was liking the T3 suspension they have and I was looking for some good brakes and rotors to go with. A kit would be nice if you guys know of any... Thanks for helping out and again i'm sorry for all the confusion!