240Z, 260Z, 280Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.

F/S SSR MkIII 14x9.5

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 08:30 PM

nice pics.....and a neat find.....

but really.....consider that you only have 2 of them....and they are way too wide for street. They still need spacers to fit an S-30...even with wheel well flares...They are actually in surprisingly good shape....but they have not been broken down and resealed...hardware is shot...and who knows if they have cracks or not.....

If you had them fluxed or X-rayed....resealed them and replaced the nut seats....powdercoat the centers and remachine the lips.....MAYBE...just maybe you could get $700...for just 2 wheels.

I would give $100 for the pair.....if I had a GTII S-30 race car....and how many of those are still running at the track...I see only one regularly in the south east...I have seen a few for sale....but they come with a truckload of old school rims...most were obtained for free.

Even then.....SSR still makes all the old school designs...and they are around $350ea...new in box...with warranty...guaranteed not to have cracks...custom colors available...

Race rims are not something you want to rely on for street use...or use beyond the known life of the rim....you have no idea what kind of stress they have been subjected to....Forged rims fail eventually...the harder they are used the faster they wear out....I would bargain that most...not some...of the race rims you see for sale on ebay and swap meets are "failed" rims.....the race car owner no longer trusts them because one failed or was bent....the others are stressed out as well.....this is all the more likely when someone posts a sale of only 2 race style rims that have passed through unknown numbers of hands after the first owner chucked them out by the curb.....

turn them into curio tables...or a cool floor lamp....don't sell them to some fool who is gonna kill himself trying to use them.