240Z, 260Z, 280Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.

240 Stiffness?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:35 PM

240 Stiffness?

Hey all...new here and I have a question. My Uncle owns a 72 240(soon to be mine) and he says the suspension is a little sloppy. Where can I find...or what should I look for in order to make the suspension a little stiffer and handle better. What we would like is new shocks, maybe springs. I did see a graphite master bushing kit and I know those help...I have one installed on my Galant and it handles insanely. So what could I do, or where should I start looking. Thanks guys.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 AM
The Good Twin

Tokico / KYB / Eibach ... or if you have $2k to blow, COILOVERS.

Check out:

www.arizonazcar.com

www.thezstore.com

www.blackdragonauto.com
Old 03-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Über User

they got affordable weld on coilovers for a few hundred with your choice of spring rate! i forget where though. otherwise i suggest tokico adjustable shocks and then tokico springs or arizona zcar springs. upgraded sway bars help along with a larger wheel with lower profile tire and urethane bushings, never seen graphite for these cars yet, would make alot of vibration come through though
Old 03-19-2009, 11:21 AM

I'll second the urethane bushing suggestion from snw. I think he has some good photos on here of replacing some in one of his cars, too. If the bushings weren't ever replaced, you can be sure what little is left isn't doing any good and that'll add a ton of slop/play to the handling and ride. Springs and strut cartridges are super easy to do while you're doing the bushings. Not too expensive, and will make a huge performance and safety difference. I used the MSA urethane kit, Tokico 1" lowering springs, Tokico blue-tube cartridges, 15x7 wheels, and plus-sized street/performance radials. Handling is precise, predictable, and even on our beat-up roads the ride isn't jarring.
good luck,
Dave
Old 03-25-2009, 07:22 PM

Thanx guys for the links. we are runnin 17's on the car right now, low pros (not sure what profile).