Z Events Forums for all upcoming Z events and signup lists!

Oklahoma Z Car Club roadcourse events--3 dates!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 04:51 PM
LJ.

Exclamation Oklahoma Z Car Club roadcourse events--3 dates!

In an effort to kick off some fun closed-circuit driving events, I have reserved the Oklahoma County Sheriff's Dept driver training track for our use this summer on 3 dates.

Sunday, May 18>>>>POSTPONED to June 22nd--8AM
Sunday, July 20--8AM
Sunday, Sept 7--8AM

The cost will be $25 per car. There is a maximum of 25 slots available.

This track is a lot of fun and is fast enough to let you explore the capabilites of your Z but is not fast enough to be dangerous or risky. Everyone is encouraged to attend and Z club membership is not required, as the ultimate goal is to have fun on Sunday morning in our cars.

Here's a bird's eye view of the track.

I plan to open the gate up at 8 AM and depending on the size of the group we will likely wrap up the lapping around 11AM-1PM. You will need to bring a helmet, and I highly recommend checking your brake pads and changing if necessary, flushing your brake fluid and your engine coolant PRIOR to arriving. There will not be an area for doing this on location. I also recommend bringing along some lawn chairs, umbrellas/tents, and maybe a cooler with some snacks and drinks (absolutely no alcohol). There are restroom facilities a short walk from the track, but aside from that the venue is very spartan, if you bring nothing you will be sitting either in your car or on the tarmac, which will suck come July.

To reserve a place in these events, please send me a message through this forum (or email me directly if you already have my address). Be sure to include your name, type of car, and date(s) for which you wish to attend. The $25 fee can be paid at the event. Please, the slots are limited to 25 total so only contact me if you are sure you can attend and I will keep a slot for you, otherwise it is a 1st come 1st serve basis.

Contact me if you have any further questions, thanks

LJ
President, OKZCC/Oklahoma City

Last edited by LJ.; 05-15-2008 at 03:06 PM.