Vegas 350Z Club Where its all about Sin City and the 350Z..

Let the games begin

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:31 PM

Let the games begin

Started working on the car today. Here's the parts pile...

Here's the progress so far...

Got the rad and fans out along with the hoses. Also got the pass side heat shield loose, but not out. Got the coolant hard pipe loose and removed the alternator and water pump pulleys. Also got the stb off. In the morning, I have to go to sears and get a better impact gun. The one I have now is the cheapest Craftsman one made. It won't bust the crank bolt loose. Once the pulley's are done, I'll start on the manifolds. Expect I won't be done until the weekend.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 AM

I had to use a breaker bar and a strap wrench to bust the crank pulley bolt loose. It definitely requires considerable force.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by showtypeZ
very nice. So you're doing the radiator, hoses, and headers. Are those your cats also in the pile?
Rad, hoses, pulleys, Nismo T-stat, headers, cats, and UTEC right now. Next round will be the clutch and flywheel (probably next weekend). I have cams too, but I'm going to hold off on those until I pull the motor.

Originally Posted by roneski
I had to use a breaker bar and a strap wrench to bust the crank pulley bolt loose. It definitely requires considerable force.
Tried a breaker bar with the car in 6th gear, but it won't break loose. Tried my impact and that doesn't work either.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 AM

I can't remember if it's reverse threaded or not. Seems like it wasn't. Might want to check though.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM

What's the difference with the Nismo T-stat and the stock one?

155 vs. 172 degree's

I just ordered one myself because last summer my temps were running high in traffic
Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 PM

are they a pain to install?
By itself? yes.

I've got may radiator out and the belts and hoses off, so for me it's easy.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM

Is the koyo bigger in capacity/size?
Yep.

Got the rad, t-stat and pulleys on today. I'm busy tomorrow, but I'll be starting on the headers saturday morning.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 AM

are you able to still fit the strut bar on? I was reading about plenum spacers and what not and at the bottom of it they say *may not be able to fit factory strut bar on some applications....or something along those lines. Sorry, you'll have to forgive me as I'm used to working on 4 cylinder honda engines.
The stock bar doesn't fit with the APS plenum. I have an APS bar. See pic in my avatar.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM

Damn! Almost done. Just have the left cat, radiator hoses and fill with coolant. Only injuries so far are a smashed right finger and dislocated left shoulder. The left shoulder goes out all the time though. It just sucked that it happened under the car, so I had to slide out from under with it out and then pop it back in. Oh, I'm gonna pay to get the clutch done. I don't wanna drop the tranny without a lift.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Damn! Almost done. Just have the left cat, radiator hoses and fill with coolant. Only injuries so far are a smashed right finger and dislocated left shoulder. The left shoulder goes out all the time though. It just sucked that it happened under the car, so I had to slide out from under with it out and then pop it back in. Oh, I'm gonna pay to get the clutch done. I don't wanna drop the tranny without a lift.

Congrats on all the mods!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just remember to bleed the air out of the rad. bleeder cap on top of hose by the firewall. It really sucks when you dont do it. HOTTTTTT
Old 04-08-2007, 11:47 PM

Coming along very nice Aaron. Congrats.

All this DIY work, I need to do my brakes, brake flush, plugs, maybe a rad flush, and clutch flush. Also want to paint my calipers before I go to this show on the 28th. Maybe that will be my Tues/Weds job this week
Old 04-09-2007, 02:33 AM

O and as for paying for the clutch job. I would take it to Dudleys transmissions. Seemed like a good place when I was having tranny issues. He didnt quote me that much for the install of a clutch either.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by 702Fairlady
Coming along very nice Aaron. Congrats.

All this DIY work, I need to do my brakes, brake flush, plugs, maybe a rad flush, and clutch flush. Also want to paint my calipers before I go to this show on the 28th. Maybe that will be my Tues/Weds job this week

hen I get mine done, I can give you a hand if you need it.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:36 AM

FYI - I have Mike's (702Fairlady's) transmission jack in my garage to help you with that clutch. It is a must have!
Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Love2ridepow
FYI - I have Mike's (702Fairlady's) transmission jack in my garage to help you with that clutch. It is a must have!
I will come and retrieve that one of these days this year LOL.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 702Fairlady
I will come and retrieve that one of these days this year LOL.

LOL, just let me know when you want me to drop it off!!!!!

Last edited by Love2ridepow; 04-09-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:55 PM

Glad you are getting all that stuff installed on your car, Aaron. Lemme know when you are ready for a built motor, head work & cam install, TT's, and some real power.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
Glad you are getting all that stuff installed on your car, Aaron. Lemme know when you are ready for a built motor, head work & cam install, TT's, and some real power.
Hopefully by the end of Summer. Got some land I want to sell. Plan on using the money to finish the car and put a down payment on a house in the Dallas area.

Quick Reply: Let the games begin