Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

January 2008 Meeting!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 09:09 PM
East Coast Style

January 2008 Meeting!

OK guys and Gals, this is a new year. We have a lot to discuss, New meeting place, ZdayZ, DNI, Walter Mitty, Gore's show, ECT...
We will meet at Cheers at 7:00 or is it 7:30 on Tuesday Jan. 8th . That's this Tuesday for the calendar impaired!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Can't make it, cause i am working nights with greenville's finest.
If i was there i would vote for a wider group of cars and people Maybe the upstate Z&G Club!!! Also i would vote for a seperate group for those who want to cry and those who want to drive and have fun. (not sure about the rest of ya'll but i love all cars)
also i would say any place is better than cheers as for a new place.

Ya'll have fun

Kevin
Old 01-06-2008, 02:32 PM

Damn...

This whole situation looks like about as much fun as anybody could want...Alas, again I have to work. Let it be known to the masses I joined THE UPSTATE Z CLUB, not whatever you happen to own that Nissan/Datsun put their nameplate on. Oh yes we take your dues and allow you to attend meetings but your not welcome at ZDAYZ with your Maxima station wagon...G35's? Bunch of aloof jerks too good to buy a real Z. I'm fine w/Thomas putting the idea out before the club, he's supposed to be thinking of ways to grow the club or keep it this size and better it. Also fine w/Robert going over the edge, he does it so well and you gotta love him anyway. I'm for keeping it a Z club, not A thru Z. Have a great meeting. Jim Sommers 87 300zzzzzzzzx. Those interested in "expanding" the club ect...Why don't you join that civic club that is so big w/the scca. accords.cvccs,civics,lawn boys, ect.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 AM
East Coast Style

Settle down son! We will hash this out Tuesday night i guess! I'm going to drive a Titan to the meeting, will ya'll accept me?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Well!

sounds like the Jan. meeting should be fun! I know im a bit Distant and mabey atending a Z meeting once a year due to the some BAGILLION miles away I am, Might not make me the the most active member but I did once attend every tuesday back at the old FatZ cafe, and attended 2 back to back Z day events along with wonderful X-mass and BBQ events... I still like to remind my self of those days... Expanding the Club is and always has been a Great Idea, I think my look on it is a Z club has been... Z's arnt for everyone, or there would be more members, Now Part of having a club is Having set rules and Laws and Owning a Z happends to be Ours... Now if the rules and Laws were streched to allow Mabey Any Nissan for example, witch for me is not a big deal... The club would most likly increase in members but it wouldnt make the club as Unique I gess... What im tryin to say is When we all roll out together for an event and people see a massive line of cars that all read Z on the backs I think It sends a better Impression than a Group of Good looking Mix mach cars...

Our club to me is about The Beauty of the Z
Old 01-07-2008, 02:27 PM

All I can say is WOW

Maybe i should join the closest 350Z Club since we are soooo dammn specific. A G35 Coup is basically a Z 2+2

What happend to being a true car guy and makeing it about the cars Maybe i missed something?
Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM
East Coast Style

Kevin this is not directed at you or anyone who owns a 350Z, But most Mustang clubs do not let Mercury Capri's in their club! Catch my drift. The G 35 Is not badged as a Z, therefore it is not a ( Last letter of the Alphabet). I' not saying I don't like the car but you can't be a member if you don't have a Z.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:32 AM

I understand what your saying, and i joined a Z club for the Z's, and to learn a few things about all Z's. So with that said the only thing i have learned is no one in this club can help me with my model, because the older ones are the ones everyone knows about. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, cause i have been welcomed by all of you and feel like apart of the club.
BUT!!!! Ya might as well call the club the Upstate 260/280/300 Z Club....

What i'm saying is a 350Z is a G35 (coup) and Nissan makes them both. So why not allow them?? It will make a common bond between the G guy's and the 350 guy's and grow the club. If the club Doesn't change i get the feeling it will alway's be a few tight knit people who only know a specific model and all who show up will be turned off because they don't have an older Z. If you want to grow then changes need t be made. The older Z's are not being made anymore, and from what i see the club won't expand with out changes.

But i won't be able to attend so it doesn't matter what i say, i just wanted to explain myself a little futher.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-08-2008, 09:40 AM

You forgot 240's Kevin lol hehehehheheh
Just trying to keep my title of OFFICAL **** STIRRER!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 AM

Dang IT!!! I sat hear thinking to myself Hummmmmmm????? do i have them all and i missed one I guess that in it's self proved my point!!

Ya'll know the old gen's and i know the New. LOL...
Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 PM

350's

Heh I would have spent all the money I have on my rb250zx Monster on a 350z I probly could of had a Basic modle paid of already... Maybe next year... Im getting married when I come home as well... Still tryin to convince the Woman that mustangs are the devil and A Nissan/nissan make is the way to go but I think she will like this VW bora I got.

Cant wait to attend meeting in March You all might see me before then pulled over by the cops... Gonna be hard drving at US speeds, ESPECIALY with the rb250zx Monster, We got a new guy over here like 3 days ago and i was tryin to remember what auto bahns were called in the states Took me like 20 mins to remember he thought it was Rather funny... any whooo

Bryan Out!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:43 PM

Hang in there Kevin. We'll iron these old guy's wrinkles out.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 AM
East Coast Style

I ain't got no damn wrinkles! Believe me, I love my car but I would love to have a 350Z with A/C, Heat, Cruise, power windows that move faster! But I can't afford one and my other cars all at once. And No I'm not selling the TITAN! (The Offical Z car Tow Rig)
Old 01-20-2008, 08:57 AM

Titan LOVE?????