Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

Alabama International Dragway

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Question Alabama International Dragway

Hey ZDOC, here's still hoping you guys were able to line em up in Alabama today??? Were you able to figure out how the schedule was finally adjusted? Were you able to register independently? I spoke to one of the organizers at Z1 who said they had studied the weather statistics extensively before setting the dates for the event. I, for one, was so looking forward to seeing your machines perform. Keep me posted as to when you bring them out next time. I absolutely enjoyed visiting with your Dad and his extended family! He's a great guy.

Last edited by EZ350Z; 09-27-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: additional comments
Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 PM

went home with my tail between my legs and lip out. I was looking forward to running but it just did not work out. I know that the real deal was the money of the Saturdays rain out event. It stated that if rained out they would run on Sunday but I did not think that would just cancel our event. Oh well... I tried. maybe next time....
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 PM

Unhappy AUGH MAN - me too

Originally Posted by PowerhungryBill
went home with my tail between my legs and lip out. I was looking forward to running but it just did not work out. I know that the real deal was the money of the Saturdays rain out event. It stated that if rained out they would run on Sunday but I did not think that would just cancel our event. Oh well... I tried. maybe next time....
But not as bad, sad, mad as youins with all the plannin and work yall did!

The planner dude I spoke to at supper meetin said they went to great length to pik the right weekend but rain is somthig ya caint bet on, or against, lest youre insane hussain over there in the sand (spiderehole).. nex year, we'll git staight axle guy and his crazy driver brother dude to throw something together and DRAG it south down thar to alabama. Ya know he's got one o' them 500 HP truck haullers too - jus like you! Boy what if we could git that MOMENTUM feller to risk his car OUT there on the strait line. boy oboy, then we could have a real party! you reckin that new brian S guy knows how to drive in a straight line??? I bet ole "straight axle" could teach him! He sho nuff new how to drive ole yeller on the yeller curvey line.

speaking of bettin, I lost my touch ...I threw another ten bucks at a chance at them exaust pipes in Carrolton. ..its the vegas in me! I'd rather bet all day than walk over to the counter and pick one up. I no i already bet more money than a good Boiler system would cost! At supper, curvey guy said if i put good pipes on silver, he'd run as fast as MOMENTUM. Silver would then have every thing under neath as black beauty, ('cept the ditigital clutch)

...NEXT YEAR!

PS, ole B.S. jus might be teachable... I did one time saw he could drive in a straight line overthere in Nashville. BEET teh crap out of a Supra turbo... oh, yea, teh supra bllew its Freeze Plug???? ( I hope he's listenin IN) Talkin 'bout fun ... those guys over there wrote the original word FUN! (You gots to plan on Nashville in the spring)

Last edited by EZ350Z; 09-28-2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: corrected mistake