Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

7.306 @ 93 mph

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 PM

7.306 @ 93 mph

wish I would have had someone to video it but Thursday night at Greer I pulled a 7.306 @ 93 to get kick off the track until I get a cage and 5 point harness. This is the only video link I have so far http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgK9418UgEY there will be more
Old 11-08-2008, 08:05 AM
East Coast Style

WOW Bill! thats unreal man! I wonder why the MPH fell off though? Was that with the 100 shot off the line? You really need to get to a 1/4 mile so you can let her eat on the big end! I am having issues keeping wastegate gaskets from blowing out. The flanges are square but the material dosent seem to hold up.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:57 AM

waste gate gaskets

Hey man what kinda gaskets are you using, we got this layered stainless steal material at work with some sort of carbon between it when you tighten it down it compresses and holds strong. my Friend over here runs 29.4 lbs out his supra and thats what he uses, It kinda reminds me of a exaughts gasket, but better quality. I wanna say its made by 3M.

Nice Runs good then bill, I love the Video... Great burn outs. Have you put it on the Dyno? Did you ever switch the tansmission?

Oh guys I Just did it, I got a 1990 300zx Bodys in Great shape Got a nice littel body kit and some wheels The engine runs fine its a N/A but Its coming out. Im planing on doing everything to this one my self. I got a Paint gun and Compressor Im gonna learn to paint with this one before I can get the engine back in. This gonna be a drag car, havent decided on a motor yet. Mabey the 3.5 liter
Old 11-09-2008, 06:24 PM
East Coast Style

Originally Posted by rb250zx
Hey man what kinda gaskets are you using, we got this layered stainless steal material at work with some sort of carbon between it when you tighten it down it compresses and holds strong. my Friend over here runs 29.4 lbs out his supra and thats what he uses, It kinda reminds me of a exaughts gasket, but better quality. I wanna say its made by 3M.

Nice Runs good then bill, I love the Video... Great burn outs. Have you put it on the Dyno? Did you ever switch the tansmission?

Oh guys I Just did it, I got a 1990 300zx Bodys in Great shape Got a nice littel body kit and some wheels The engine runs fine its a N/A but Its coming out. Im planing on doing everything to this one my self. I got a Paint gun and Compressor Im gonna learn to paint with this one before I can get the engine back in. This gonna be a drag car, havent decided on a motor yet. Mabey the 3.5 liter

This may help you decide! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6KPkPbra8c
Got an RB in it! Or you can check out this post: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=140162

As far as gaskets go I think ive got a winner in there now
Old 11-10-2008, 12:29 PM

yep

Ya that rb26 is a beast thats for sure... I got friends over here with the rb26, the funny thing is though the GTR skyline is much faster of the line and can out handel my Z any day but on the autobahn in like a 3rd gear roll My rb25 pulls them all the way till there rear end cant push them no more... Somthing about the Rear gears they got only lets them get to like 155mph Were *** the stock 280zx rear end hits 150 at about 5500 RPMs leaving me about 2K left to mess with.

Anywho Im in no rush with this new Z of mine... But I dont think I want another rb engine. This one will still be a Nissan motor, but like a said its gonna be a drag car so It will be an automatic trans maybe a slap shift. I want to Tub it out Put some big nasty slicks under it and thats gonna call for some power. I think I want a titan motor, and mabey a single massive turbo we got these 74mm CAT turbos laying around here at work we bench tested one at 126 lbs... But it was hooked to a bench compressor, so far the only car I have seen one on was a VW BORA vr6, but we shall see... As for now Im Gutting it. Plus Im still working one the 280zx a bit. I got interior and a few more engine things I would like to doo.

Moral of the story is Z addiction is a real thing.
Oh and glad to hear you got a gasket thats workign for you.