Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Character references

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 03:54 PM

Character references

I did not know this was a site where you allow defamation of character.
Is that not called Slander. I would like to confront the perso or persons who had some untrue statements to make about one of the best people I know. He provides hard to find used parts in good to ex. cond. to help fellow zcar owners keep them on the road.
Mike also provides money back to people who are not satisfied.
Of course noone is perfect, but Mike will work with you in any way possible.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by John Patterson
Mike also provides money back to people who are not satisfied.
Of course noone is perfect, but Mike will work with you in any way possible.
It's only slander if it's not true. Apparently someone disagrees with you about your friend. I personally don't care either way. From what I've read, it seems pretty obvious that what happened was not an isolated incident. Z......you want to shed some light on this topic with some of your experiences? Maybe you could get Mike on here to counter what's been said. I'm open to listen.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 AM

while we are on the subject, lets just get TOTALLY non-permissive and ****-retentive. this is a website.. and sure, its a community like any other, but still, what does it hurt to be able to say silly things about someone else? they are just words. if someone wants to say something nasty about me, i would just as soon they post it so i can hear it.. the individual in question is going to say these things aloud, and think them, and believe them anyhow... I would prefer to know their opinion of ME so i can use that in forming my opinion of THEM...

if this entire subject stems from a transaction, in my experience the individual whining about slander usually deserved it... i saw a guy post a copy of "a momentary lapse of reason" (a pink floyd album made after the bassist roger waters left the band, stormy affair all around, went to court etc etc) that had been signed by all four members.. including the aforementioned Mr. Waters. this is, (as any informed pink floyd fan would probably agree) a travesty, and the guy was selling it for like nine hundred bucks. it was a private auction, so you could not see the bidder's ID.. i left a neutral feedback succinctly stating what i have said here, and the guy actually contacted Ebay, got my HOME TELEPHONE number and left a VERY nasty message on my machine threatening to sue me for slander.......the item in question also included a certificate of authenticity from an agency whose homepage clearly states that they do not issue COA's.. then again, all of this individual's merchandise did.. eh, i digress.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS THE LAST THING YOU WILL PRY FROM MY HANDS, AND THEN I DIE!

i'll get off the soapbox now and go to bed.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Ahhhh, one of the great things of the internet. Decent people can watch out for decent people. Let the slanderers and the slanderee duke it out in a public forum. These problems usually arise out of people's inability to effectively communicate. If someone is going to say something negative about someone else, the negative statement should start with "imho". There's alot of power in that. :blah: :blah:

Go Pink Floyd ............ I saw them live 4 times..... comfortably numb at that.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:46 AM

yah, canyoncarver is right. i was feeling a little belligerent last night, or else i wouldn't have dropped my two cents in, but i hate people who throw the term slander around..

as far as im concerned, slander is when you say your doctor killed your unborn fetus when youre the one who ate sixteen valiums... or something that outrageous, and its only in a VERY public forum.. this site is great, but even if the "Slanderee" sold a perfectly good starter to someone who then said it totally screwed up his car (im totally hypothesizing a situation here) the slanderer's comments here are not going to prevent the slanderee from earning his living.. unless his living is based solely upon this site. am i right?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:20 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

btw, its not slander unless its spoken. if its written its libel, and there are different laws for each.