Other Cars Discuss any info on other vehicles in here.

2001 Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Under My Car... brb

2001 Monte Carlo

Hey people,

I have a friend that has a 2001 Monte Carlo and she's having some electrical problems. She took it to a guy that was recommended by a family member and it sounds like he is a total hack. Any way, I was "volunteered" to help her by the wife and I am looking for a set of factory service manuals. I'm hoping that there is a site out there where I can download a set or some one who might want to trade a copy of '83 ZX manuals on CDRom for a set. Thanks to everyone.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Ruff Ryder

motoralldata.com and what sort of electrical problems? radio not working, midget ninja's jumping out of the steering and killing people?
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Under My Car... brb

Originally Posted by hoov100
motoralldata.com and what sort of electrical problems? radio not working, midget ninja's jumping out of the steering and killing people?

Intermittant failure of the traction control system, turn signals, starting, and check engine light. Oh yeah, that ninja thing.

The reset for the tire pressure monitoring has disappeared from the radio. Window not rolling up as fast as it used to.

When the TCS stutters it shuts off and also shuts off the ABS. There is an aftermarket remote start that used to work and doesn't anymore.

The turn signal will intermittantly quit working and then start working again after turning on the hazards.

The starting issue may have been fixed, she really didn't elaborate on that.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Ruff Ryder

sounds like a series of shorts and/or bad connections, i would check the wiring on the aftermarket remote engine start and see how they wired it, but everything else just sounds like a typical american car to me, except for the midget ninja's jumping out of the steering wheel, that sounds more like a japan only option.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Under My Car... brb

Originally Posted by hoov100
the midget ninja's jumping out of the steering wheel, that sounds more like a japan only option.
Must have gotten that one from hybridMC.

I'm with you on the American car thing. I love my ZX even if I'm scared to death that some a-hole is going to total it for me.

I figured I'd start at the ECU and make sure all of the connections are good. I think that the problem with the TCS is a bad connection or mis-aligned sensor. The poor girl trusted the other dude and I think he just took the money and ran. It sounds like all he did to her Catalytic Converter was empty it and weld the plug back in. She paid him $500 and the car came back worse than when he "fixed" it.

On top of that he stole her new comforter from the trunk. I can't help but feel that I need to fix it for her.