Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT, WV.

Sunday 9/25 Z cruze through Harriman St. Park to Storm King Art Center

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:51 AM
General Z User

Sunday 9/25 Z cruze through Harriman St. Park to Storm King Art Center

It is time again to get your Z's out on the road for a cruze through some nice scenic parks to a cool destination.

We'll be meeting at the Sharp Plaza, Hotell parking lot in Mahwah, NJ, at 1:00 PM and hitting the road from there at 1:15.
Its the large circular area in the lower left quadrent of the first image. The exit for the area is off rt. 17 near the 87/287/17 interchange.

From there we'll head north on rt. 17 and take Seven Lakes Drive (maybe some other roads too) northeast through Harriman St. Park to the Anthoney Wayne Rec. Area off the PIP at exit 17. I figure it'll take us ~45 minutes to get there so we'll hang for a bit, incase some people would rather not come down to Mahwah, and then head out again.

From there we'll head northwest to Storm King Art Center, a cool museam with very large outdoor sculptures. Museam Road on the image below. I hope to get there by 3 as the park closes at 5. We can walk around for a couple of hours and take in some art culture. Then we'll go some place to eat, have a beverage, and enjoy some conversation.

So if you like driving you Z, and hangn' with other people who do too, come on out and enjoy the road with us.

Zee you there.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:07 PM
General Z User

Well it was a nice meet, 10 cars showed for the ride. One of them only briefly, not sure who it was, a real clean & nice looking black TT. Guy pulled into the caravan after the first meet point, and than left us before our first real stop.

Anyway here are a few pics, I'm sure others took more and better.
My wife is not much of a photographer, this was the best she got of the caravan from the mirror.

Here we are at the second meet point, no one else met us there.

Last here is a view of Storm King Art Center.
For reference, this shot was taken from an observatory about 3 stories up, and the orange sculpture near the center of the image is about 40 feet tall.
I was quite impressed by the art and the views at this place, and I strongly urge a visit if you are in the area.

More stuff posted here

and even more pics here

Last edited by Barry'Z(NJ); 09-25-2005 at 07:03 PM.