Motorsports This board is for Z Racers who compete in Autocross, Road Racing and Time Trials. Focus will be on car set up and modifications. Event coverage, and race parts for sale or trade.

Your tow rigs/trailers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 05:41 AM

Your tow rigs/trailers

In a round about way this came up on another thread. I thought it would be kinda cool to see what you guys are using for tow vehicles and trailers. I'll be posting my pics later this evening.

Phil
Old 02-05-2004, 02:59 PM

I'll post on this one in a few weeks... I have a new Pace enclosed trailer on order and should pick it up around the end of the month. It's just an 18 footer, but ought to take care of my needs pretty well...

Tom
Old 02-05-2004, 05:11 PM

We just picked up a 97' Chevy one ton 4WD duallie . Its got the 7.4 liter , so I expect it to be a gas hog , but it was a fully loaded Silverado with only 26,000 miles on it. We looked into used Diesel trucks , but the ones we found were either to expensive or were totally abused. I will post a picture of it this weekend.

I am really interested to see how Tom's 18' enclosed trailer works out, because thats what we were looking for. I was trying not to get this huge trailer that
we would have to park in the back forty .

Mike
Old 02-06-2004, 07:29 AM

My main constraint on the enclosed trailer was one I could park at my house. That limited me to about 21' overall length. I've used 24 footers before and they are very nice and you can haul all sorts of excess without really having to "pack". I plan to install a large tire rack and lots of other storage and tie downs. The race car is only 13' long so, hopefully, I can balance it all out and leave about 4 feet in front of the car for basic necessities like minibikes and full icechests! Fuel, tools and a jack can ride in the back of the truck if they have to!

Tom
Old 02-06-2004, 07:53 AM

I haul my car with a converted an old 2 axel utility trailer. No brakes. It isn't fancy but gets the job done. I replaced the wood floor with 2X4 steel purlins and that lightened it up considerably and use home made 10' steel ramps that slide in under the car for storage. It was 16'X8' and now it is 14'X8'. I cut two feet off the end of the trailer so I could put it in the garage with the car on it and close the garage door. Fully loaded my Z71 suburbarn pulls it effortlessly, or unloaded, my Mazda B2200 can pull it easily too.

Last edited by jburge01; 02-06-2004 at 12:41 PM.