Motorsports This board is for Z Racers who compete in Autocross, Road Racing and Time Trials. Focus will be on car set up and modifications. Event coverage, and race parts for sale or trade.

ATTN: Zbabe

Old 12-01-2003, 03:57 PM

Since she has not responded yet maybe I can help you out. Lil' Talladega is a small road course. The Georgia Z Club does run there sometimes. They apparently have had a tough time getting enough entries to rent the track. Here is a link:Click here: http://www.tgprace.com/

On the good side it is a lot cheaper than Road Atlanta or Barber Motor Sports Park.

On the down side the Z Club seems to only rent it out for one day. Getting out of town for one track day is kind of a pain. I can understand the club's point of veiw, but more promotion of an event at Barber may do better.

If you don't mind running with different clubs I suggest you keep up with this site: Click here: *www.TrackSchedule.com* - home of Coco's Drivers Ed Calendar
Coco does a great job of keeping the calender going so you can get plenty of track time at various venues.

I plan on making at least one trip to Barber Mortorsports Park next season. I understend they are repaving now for improved drainage. Here is the link for them:Click here: http://www.barbermotorsports.com/

Of course if you are in the neighborhood you can always come to VIR. Click here: http://www.virclub.com/

The main thing is to get out there. Find a date and track you can get to and go. Once you do, you will find out what fun is all about.

Alan
Old 12-03-2003, 04:22 AM
User Friendly

Thanks for the track layout, Alan. Sorry for the late post. Our Georgia Z Club rents the track once a year. If we don't have enough people signed up at least 1 week prior to the event, then we cancel it, which has occurred only one time (last month), out of the 7 years that I've been an officer/member of GZC. Several people called the last minute ... however if the entry form is not completed and sent in, we have no choice but to cancel the event, as we would lose money otherwise if there's not enough participants. And, no, we don't rent the track out just for one day -- its for 2 days, and you get full track time each day. It's a lot of fun and well worth the travel time. BTW, I first learned how to autoX on the AMS track (Atlanta Motor Speedway) -- Lil Talladega was even more exciting, cuz of the way divided the road course with cones -- a really awesome way to test your skills, the car's limits and the track itself.