The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

yep, i'm new

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 01:47 PM

yep, i'm new

hey everyone. I usually hang out around 300zxclub (which I'm gathering people don't really like). it's cool there, but i'm branching out. so yeah...here's a couple pix of my car:
Attached Thumbnails yep, i'm new-149976236_l.jpg   yep, i'm new-149976543_l.jpg   yep, i'm new-149977137_l.jpg   yep, i'm new-149977409_l.jpg   yep, i'm new-149977586_l.jpg  

Old 07-21-2005, 04:13 PM
Dan's the Man

Welcome to Zdriver...

Nice Z and nice fedora!

Tell us more about the Z. What you've done, what you plan on doing....you know the routine
Old 07-21-2005, 04:35 PM

before that I had a pretty beat z31 auto. Fell in love with that one, and been a Z guy ever since. Finally saved up for a z32 and bought this beauty 3 months ago. had 115k on it, and I'm getting ready for the 120k service. It came with a K&N airfilter, and some sort of modified exhaust. The exhaust is pretty beat, so I think I'm gonna save up and get a new catback system. Would love to get test pipes, but I live in Cali, so not gonna happen.

As far as my plans, I don't really have a whole lot. I want to get some interior work done (custom leather and such), and I'm building a computer for it. Not much in the way of performance, since it's an NA. Tossing around the idea of doing a turbo swap. I know it's lame and costly to do one, especially since it's a coupe, but with as much love as I already have for this car, and as much work as I'll be putting into it (with the onboard computer alone), I just don't think I'll be able to sell it to buy a TT. Still up on the air though, and plenty of time to think since I refuse to do it until it's paid off.

I'm from North San Diego County, CA. If there's anyone in the area that wants to go cruising, I know three z32's in the area, and a couple 280's (my dad has a pretty cherry 280z), so just hit me up.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:13 PM
caught the z fever

welcome

what was your name on 3zc?
Old 07-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Bad Speller

welcome. I live in the RIverside county and know 2 other Z32owners. welcome. and yes the TT conversion is sutch a bitch. quite dificult. I'd give it 6 outa 10 wrenches. !!!
Old 07-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Ruined By Spudz

I <3 3zc..

sell your Z, they're slow..

get a honda, they rox
Old 07-22-2005, 01:14 AM

name on here is the same as 3zc.

honda = ghey.

my 300 may not be the quickest out there, but 1) it doesn't need to be because of it's history and beauty, 2) faster than any street honda i've come across.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:35 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

welcome. this is definately my choice over 300zxc. and dont listen to My Fairlady, he has some latent homo tendancies he needs to work out with b300z. j/k
Old 07-22-2005, 08:05 AM
caught the z fever

yea we used to be thug brothas until he abandoned zdriver

and you nee to start watching out...stock hondas are getting faster and faster
Old 07-22-2005, 12:03 PM

Thumbs up

Welcome, theres alot of cool stuff on this site, I don't post alot, but I do read everything I possibly can. Hope to hear some more from ya, nice car BTW

Z ya laterZ, Chris
Old 07-22-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by b300z
yea we used to be thug brothas until he abandoned zdriver

and you nee to start watching out...stock hondas are getting faster and faster
HAH! yeah, I bet. There are a few hondas around here that are pretty quick, but considering how much money they've put into their cars...well, they better be quick.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:56 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by dgtl_rebellion
HAH! yeah, I bet. There are a few hondas around here that are pretty quick, but considering how much money they've put into their cars...well, they better be quick.

I soooo don't understand the fast honda thing, I've never been beat by one.Why do these guys dump that kinda money in them ? Why don't they buy a true sportscar thats supposed to be fast and handle well ? I just don't get it The thing is, there are sooooo freekin many of them, I had to quit racing them before I got into trouble.The last one I raced, the guy was sooo the azzhole,saying to these bitches in some SUV that was between us at the lite"wanna see me blow away a $30K car?"They had a turbo and NOS,the damn thing was soooo over fueled that at first we thought it was a diesel from about 2 blocks away you could see that black soot he was blowin. Long story short, first gear I had him by 3 car lengths, missed 2nd and the cherries came on, can you say evasive manouvers, I got away, but that was it for wasting my time on Hondas.Frickin Honda on every corner, at every lite They are almost always fugly as hell too.I've began to target mustangs anf F bodies, alot less of them, and alot more of a challange for my Z.

Z ya laterZ, Chris

Z ya laterZ, Chris

Last edited by sweet350z; 07-22-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:29 PM

I never said I understood it, there are just a few quick ones around here. the quick ones are owned by decent people, they aren't riced out, and they hardly ever race (most of their cars are on trailors anyways). I asked one of them once why not just get a real car. He replied that it was funny to watch people laugh at a civic pull up to the start line, and then lay down a sub 10 time. The looks on their faces alone are worth it, they say. If I had the money to blow, I'd probably do it too, just for grins.

As far as the rice burners with the gigantic wings and lights, i'm just as frustrated as you are. I've gotten to the point where I don't even waste my gas.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:25 PM

You need to give hondas respect, as for their drivers that is a different story. Hondas handle great and they get great gas milage. My brothers old Si would out handle my Z32TT any day as would a S2000 and probably an RSX. So I dont know what you are talking about. Hondas are great cars and they are alot better than Zs in alot of areas, but I would take a ZTT over one any day. I just think that people get hondas and their drivers confused sometimes.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:14 PM

I've driven hondas. I give them plenty of respect. I enjoy them as commuter cars. i enjoy their creature comforts, dependability, fuel economy and many other things. The one thing I do not respect is their performance (save maybe the s2000, I haven't driven one or seen one in action yet). They are not performance cars. that's it, do not pass go, do not collect $200. If I had the money or want for a daily driver, a honda would probably be first on my list. as a recreational car, it wouldn't even be close to the list.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Originally Posted by Team7
You need to give Hondas respect, as for their drivers that is a different story. Hondas handle great and they get great gas milage.
Live long, Drive Honda

Coming from an ex Honda driver (Accorn and CRX)...Screw the older Hondas any older than 96...and still screw em all, Honda sucks, their FF drivetrain sucks, and the few RWD cars they produce are about 2x-3x what a typical TTZ should cost. I say screw honda, they may be economical, but their slow, take a lot of money to make quick, and are soooo played out that everyone and their mother (literally) are driving one these days....and besides, their the enemy right?

Not to mention, for what it would cost you to buy a 95 EX Civic, I could get a 240sx and have a nice SR sittin in it ready to kick some Si ***...

Last edited by RPS13_GZ32; 07-26-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:34 PM

You need to give hondas respect, as for their drivers that is a different story. Hondas handle great and they get great gas milage. My brothers old Si would out handle my Z32TT any day as would a S2000 and probably an RSX. So I dont know what you are talking about. Hondas are great cars and they are alot better than Zs in alot of areas, but I would take a ZTT over one any day. I just think that people get hondas and their drivers confused sometimes.
No, we don't need to give Honda's respect, this is a Z site. No, your brother's old SI didn't out handle a Z32TT. The S2000 probably could out handle a TT. As far as the RSX goes, handling doesn't matter because it's so slow.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:37 PM

and the rsx can't handle either. With it's crappy fwd, you get tons of understeer, and you can't power through corners at all. Since the fwd has to steer, power the car, and try to keep from spinning the wheels, there's no way to keep power on the ground. Verdict: rsx's suck.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Jack Of All Trades

but, but, but.......honda has a f1 car.

Oh yeah, welcome to zdriver, dgtl_rebellion.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Bad Speller

Hiondas are still gay. I've taken S2000 on my Z and it's an NA. could have bin the driver or maby it's just because it's another POS 4banger.

moral of teh story. HOnda can;t count up to six. they can't even spell Turbo.

not that I'm saying is coming from a great speller.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:00 PM
Ruined By Spudz

rsx type-s vs 300zx n/a = drivers race thugs
Old 07-23-2005, 09:47 PM
caught the z fever

s2000 > stock N/A

must have been a pretty bad driver
Old 07-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Z8 driver

No Respect for H badge's or anything else... if it's not a Z, and you want me to like it, it had better be a rotary
Old 07-26-2005, 09:03 AM

lol, i think i'm just gonna start my own anti-honda board right here in my thread. thanks for the hijack guys (j/k)

seriously though, a pleasure to meet you all. you all seem like a fun loving group.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Originally Posted by dgtl_rebellion
thanks for the hijack guys (j/k)
lol
It's the Off Topic section. It's kinda allowed here.