The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Where is everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Loves Going Topless

Originally Posted by emo236
I've been crazy busy and I moved to a place that doesn't have internet. This hinders the Zdriver browsing.
Just finished my wildblue install at the house. Waited nearly 6 months to finally get it done. Wireless with sat uplink running 54mbps.
Haven't had the internet at home in over 2 years.

Been busy working on the Bransonzfest 07.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:33 AM

I've been out looking for a job!!! They asked my interests on the applications so i listed READING ZDRIVER WHILE ON THE JOB LOL!!! Guess I spent too much time on ZDRIVER at the last job huh? J/K! Actually had to make a 10 hour round trip Friday to Mobile Al. to pickup a tranny for my sons Subaru WRX. Then jumped in the van Sat morning at 6am to drive 6 hours to Sarasota to help my son find an apartment for his job he starts next week. Got back in at 1am last night.
This job hunting messes up my ZDRIVER time.
Hmmmmm.....
Does ZDRIVER have any paid positions available? Hahahahah!
Old 02-18-2007, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by z-hag
thx----how can ya be so tired ya cannot say hi on the internets??????????? that aint woik--thats just holding up yer head.........and making yer fingers let offa da beer long enuff to write something.........and yer only woikin 0630-1430------ya got no excuse.................hehe.....
OK OK, sorry....HELLO EVERYONE!!! But the work I do is kinda physically demanding...yes, more than masturbation, so I like to just chill when I get home. I have been on though....I am waiting for my money to clear my PayPal so I can get my name in blue....should be Tues, or Wed this week.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Über User

you push a fertilizer thing.... your just use to not doin stuff.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:37 PM

http://www.whisperingpines.com.au/ch...lsorensen.html

Thats where I was on the weekend
Old 02-18-2007, 03:47 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

So you all want to know, where I have been, what I have been up to? Check out my thread in the off topic section. It is worth a look.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
you push a fertilizer thing.... your just use to not doin stuff.
I agree I have not done a whole lot for a while but even if you get use to pushing the fert spreader it is still hard when you do it in yards that have a real healthy thatch layer and the yard has not been cut for a while...it can stop you in your tracks and the only way to finish is to power through it and get it done. Trust me, it is not as easy as it sounds. What you must understand is the grass in 98% of the yards we do is not Rye grass, Bermuda grass or any of the stuff on a well groomed golf coarse...it is St. Augustine grass and it gets thick.

This yard is for the most part healthy...cut a bit short but still pretty good...it is a pain in the *** to fertilize because it is "thatchy"

This is the exact spreader we use...
Old 02-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Über User

haha... go by hand then... catn get stuck then.. just get a hand operated spreader nad then go to town
Old 02-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Big Poppa

yard work is demanding, specially on hilly properties. i live in a town that is on a hill. everything is up or down. and thick grass sucks. now thxone, if its like desperate housewives, you can bang the rich guys hawt wife!!!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Über User

i live in a town that has a valley on 2 ends of the rectangular shape. dont tell me aboot hills end and just a bunch of hills every where else
Old 02-19-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
yard work is demanding, specially on hilly properties. i live in a town that is on a hill. everything is up or down. and thick grass sucks. now thxone, if its like desperate housewives, you can bang the rich guys hawt wife!!!
I may have to look into that.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I'm always here.....

My yard work consists of clearing ~2 acres of weeds around the house every spring. I only do that to keep the fire department happy.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM
The Evil Twin

I was opperating a hydralic log splitter on Saturday and cruzin in a Benz on Sunday...

I also re-arranged the furniture in my living room. hurray!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

I spent 16 hours yesterday on a plane after only 2 hours of sleep... Then I slept for 12 hours when I got home. Now, I'm awake and I have a screamin' headache and I'm abusing the family...
Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Externally Wastegated

Here are some pics of the autocross daily beater, err driver that gets me to school, work and back home. I swear I'm going deaf from driving this thing. Sorry for the low quality pics, but they were taken with my cell phone. But don't worry, the paint job is a rattle can special anyways hahah. Anything beats 2 tone primer jobs (brick/rust red and light gray), a banana yellow hood and a teal passenger fender!

The engine is a high compression L20B with a fairly aggressive cam, '71 240Z SU carbs, and a 2.5" exhaust with a fart cannon out back (can't complain since the muffler was free). Suspension wise it has full urethane bushings all around, springs/struts, bigger sway bars, and a rollbar. Wheels are the 15" Longchamps from my ZX in the back and the stock turbo ZX up front. Tires are BFG G-force sports in the rear and Nitto 450 Extremes up front. Anyway, I really miss boost! The carbs are a pain to get in synch and run right. Who knows, maybe I can convince my bro to chop his Silivia this summer and send me his motor and transmission.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Über User

looks fun!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:54 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by lifegrddude
Here are some pics of the autocross daily beater, err driver that gets me to school, work and back home.
Nice.... paint that bish. When I had the L20 in mine, it was so old and tired that it would heat up on the slightest uphill. I removed the highbeam headlights and put a extra heater core in the opening on the left side. That kept it cool enough for the coupla months that I drove it.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Über User

my friends wanted to get a 510 and turn it into a rally car.... sounds liek a fun project
Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Originally Posted by SHADY280
yard work is demanding, specially on hilly properties. i live in a town that is on a hill. everything is up or down. now thxone you can bang the rich guys hawt wife!!!

in my nayborehood, yard work means holding yer breath underwater for aboot 2 hours while scrubbing on the bottom ofa bote.................gives" mow the lawn, hon," a new meaning............