The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

what is your wish for x mass

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Z Extreme Guy

what is your wish for x mass

i can tell you for me it is not my new z or to get it done. but it is that i got anouther year with my duaghter mary. and more to come.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:58 AM

Honestly?,I dont know.
but it's not for my car to be done.
I guess I want a 79 280zx.
I've always wanted one but, I have to much on my plate at the moment.
congrats on your 600th posts Buddha!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:23 AM
confuzed member

buddha, how's she doing? I pray for her and you from time to time. for all the guys on the forum going through stuff. she's got a great father. my xmas hope (wish, w/e). well, my life is pretty much cars and school right now. I'll choose cars...that my Z will get all the bugs sorted out and I'd like some suspension, brake mods, intercoolers, etc.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:24 AM
I have a present for you...

Christmas, not xmas

Hey Buddha! Glad to hear all our prayers were answered. I have four children and I can't help but shed a tear for you.
Some say that xmas is an abreviation for Christmas. It is not. Actually the x is to cross out Christ, meaning the antichrist. Those of us who believe in God and Jesus should never compromise our belief. Your daughter is living proof.
Merry Christmas to all, Tom Ramsey
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Well said man, Christ is the reason we even celebrate Christmas. If it was just x-mas, there would be no point in bothering with it. And our souls would be lost forever, with no hope.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Loves Going Topless

1st on the list would be Mary's health.
2nd would the BS being over with DHS, was in court agian last night till 11:45 pm.
3rd would be for everyone to be safe and happy
Old 12-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I'm gonna go with the Lottery again.
Mulit-millions, single winner, multi-state so everyone hates me too.
Old 12-01-2005, 01:56 PM
confuzed member

i never knew that about the whole "xmas" thing. Well then, Christmas it is. Steven, hows teh whole court case thing going? Jesus is the reason for the season. It's the truth. I'm starting a new thread.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Loves Going Topless

It's in the permnancy planning stage, we go back the 21st of February. Hopefully that'll be the final court. The 10yr olds father has shown back up after 5 years and is trying to get visitation. I had all phone contact stopped and they now will have to go thru DHS for any visitation. They (the mother and father) are very ungratefull. Janet and I had to testify last night and it wasn't pretty. They denied saying some things and when I said I had the tapes they challenged it. Once the judge heard the tapes it was all over. He was pretty pissed at what they were saying to the 10 year old. The tapes are legal because I have a court order to monitor all visitation and all phone calls. It made the lawyer look like a fool and the parents like uncaring selfserving idiots. As long as they say what they have about me and Janet they are not welcome in our home, we tried to make it easy and they want it the hard way, let em work for it.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:24 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

wow.

i always find it gratifying catching someone in a lie.
Makes me feel like a superhero sleuth or something lol.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:47 PM
confuzed member

oh man, steven, I thought you were talking about your daughter's proceedings when you posted that. I didn't even know about this drama. it just keeps coming for you, doesn't it?! I hope thigns work out.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Bad Speller

My Wish for Chrismas is to Get mY S13 Out of the booth. and The SR Block out of the MAchien shop already so we can finish it up. My second wish is Health, that all you guys have a great time, Third is to Have someone to spend it with. Parents are going to the Philippines, Girlfriend is Going to Vietnam and I'm staying @ home.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:01 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I hope my car passes the smog inspection at the "test only" station.

I hope the wife gets the kids and nephews and neices some nice gifts without spending another $2k

I hope the weather stays nice so I can go on a drive for a few dayz between xmas and new years.

I hope you all enjoy the holidays with family and friendz.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 PM
Z Extreme Guy

well she is doing well. but this week is our last cycel of kemo. the doctors say that we cant do more then that. so aftere this week we wait and whach what will happen if things get worse then we will have more brain sugary or radiation and i dont want to see her have those, so the prayers we will still need plz dont stop.

and i did not mean to ofend any one with the x mass i am not the best speller here which is no secret and i did not want to miss spell it but your right Christmas, not xmas. is the best and only way to spell it.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
confuzed member

no offense. But there is caring. I will pray for your daughter.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Loves Going Topless

Budda, just Hold your head up and keep the faith.

Naw Emo, this is on the sister n law's kids we got out of DHS. If they didn't want the truth they shouldn't have put me and Janet on the stand. We didn't want to hurt the parents, we are only trying to protect the kids.

Shelby's out and I think I've got her straight, you never know for sure till she walks the line for a few years. She got 5 years probation under act 346 which I can have her record sealed and expunged at the end of the 5 years. She spent 5 months in jail and she didn't like it one bit. Hopefully she has learned her lesson. Right now she's doing pretty good.

Yeah there's always a battle to fight, just want to choose them carefully.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:37 PM

Geez, Buddha, I had no idea. I guess we hang in the wrong forums here. I sincerely hope your daughter is doing ok and has a happy Christmas! I'm almost lost for words here.

My heartfelt best wishes go out to you and your family. And I REALLY mean that!!

Carl
Old 12-06-2005, 03:44 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by theramz
Some say that xmas is an abreviation for Christmas. It is not. Actually the x is to cross out Christ, meaning the antichrist.
wrong.click here.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

that's cool.
I think i learned something today.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:33 PM

I read that christmas was originally a Pagan celebration to their gods but it was renamed Christmas because people (Romans i believe) kept celebrating it.
December 24, 25 has no historical religious signifigance.
It's a hoilday for everyone and anyone who wishes to make it one.

I choose to think of this time of year as a family holiday to share with loved ones regardless of anyones religious beliefs.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by entropy31
Sorry to say, we are both right. Who celebrates chimas? The upside down cross isn't in either alphabets so they use the X.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:58 PM
confuzed member

I'm in a fraternity and chi does mean christ.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by 280gty
I read that christmas was originally a Pagan celebration to their gods but it was renamed Christmas because people (Romans i believe) kept celebrating it.
December 24, 25 has no historical religious signifigance.
It's a hoilday for everyone and anyone who wishes to make it one.

I choose to think of this time of year as a family holiday to share with loved ones regardless of anyones religious beliefs.
correct. the date was a holiday of the pagan religion Mithraism (and no, pagans do not worship the devil). the 25th is the day of the winter solctice, which the Mithraists held to be the Natalis Solis Invincti, or "birth of the invincible sun god", who happened to be Mithras. this was a very popular celebration at the time, and the christian leaders wanted a celebration that eclipsed it, so as to draw more people to their faith. the date has nothing to do with the actual birth of christ, which was more likely in the springtime. i personally dont consider myself to be any religion, even athiest or agnostic. i am nothing, it's not important to me. that doesnt mean i dont know a thing or two about various religions though. and i have no problem celebrating christmas, at least the santa part. i think that, like in the ancient roman times, when the pagan holiday was supplanted by the church, now too has the real christmas been supplanted by the almighty retailer.

Originally Posted by emo236
I'm in a fraternity and chi does mean christ.
http://www.bible.org/qa.asp?topic_id=42&qa_id=87
http://www.answers.com/topic/xmas
http://www.bartleby.com/61/80/X0008000.html
http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/inde...?date=19981223
heres a little supporting info.

Last edited by entropy31; 12-06-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by entropy31
correct. the date was a holiday of the pagan religion Mithraism (and no, pagans do not worship the devil). the 25th is the day of the winter solctice, which the Mithraists held to be the Natalis Solis Invincti, or "birth of the invincible sun god", who happened to be Mithras. this was a very popular celebration at the time, and the christian leaders wanted a celebration that eclipsed it, so as to draw more people to their faith. the date has nothing to do with the actual birth of christ, which was more likely in the springtime. i personally dont consider myself to be any religion, even athiest or agnostic. i am nothing, it's not important to me. that doesnt mean i dont know a thing or two about various religions though. and i have no problem celebrating christmas, at least the santa part. i think that, like in the ancient roman times, when the pagan holiday was supplanted by the church, now too has the real christmas been supplanted by the almighty retailer.

http://www.bible.org/qa.asp?topic_id=42&qa_id=87
http://www.answers.com/topic/xmas
http://www.bartleby.com/61/80/X0008000.html
http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/inde...?date=19981223
heres a little supporting info.
The celebration of Christ was moved to Dec 25 by Caesar to draw attention away from Christ just as xmas is. We now have the solctice on Dec 21 because of the calendar correction, further clouding the real truth. So why would anyone say xmas when it's just as easy to say Christmas? The word xmas might have meant something different in those times but I can assure you it has a new meaning.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 PM

The greatest gift

Well now is the time my four kids ask me what I want for Christmas. I have every material thing I could want without just gettig more or bigger. My oldest daughter just told me she is pregnant with my first grandchild! I knew this would happen when I got that motorhome! Now I have to go out and buy one of those dumb licsense plate frames.

Quick Reply: what is your wish for x mass